What motorbike things would you like to do if things ever return to normal?

Anything you like about motorbikes
Scootabout

Re: What motorbike things would you like to do if things ever return to normal?

Post by Scootabout »

Navigational rallies - Welsh, English, Round Britain. Maybe a Scotland trip. Maybe a France trip. Or just riding to Winchester to see my mother.
Potter

Post by Potter »

Yorick wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:59 pm
Potter wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:37 am Every year when we come back in the summer, me and my lad ride from our house to Devils Bridge, strip off to our underpants and dive into the river. We have a swim until we've had enough, then dry out on the grass and ride home via the pub for a dinner.

We've been doing that for about ten years but last year we couldn't for obvious reasons. I'd be really happy if we could do it again this year, and now he's 17 he'll be on his own bike.
Do you jump off the bridge?
I have, but it was a fairly unpleasant experience, with a backdrop of potential death.
It's one of those things that you do once, then unless there is something wrong with you, you don't do it again.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Potter wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:23 am
Yorick wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:59 pm
Potter wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:37 am Every year when we come back in the summer, me and my lad ride from our house to Devils Bridge, strip off to our underpants and dive into the river. We have a swim until we've had enough, then dry out on the grass and ride home via the pub for a dinner.

We've been doing that for about ten years but last year we couldn't for obvious reasons. I'd be really happy if we could do it again this year, and now he's 17 he'll be on his own bike.
Do you jump off the bridge?
I have, but it was a fairly unpleasant experience, with a backdrop of potential death.
It's one of those things that you do once, then unless there is something wrong with you, you don't do it again.
I saw a few do it over the years. But the rocks look scary.
Potter

Post by Potter »

Yorick wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:56 am
I saw a few do it over the years. But the rocks look scary.
They really are as well, I've swam there for years and if you put a snorkel on and dive down the rocks have a really big overhang and the current is very strong, that's how people generally get killed, they end up under the rocks pinned by the current.

It's full of trout and eels though, it's blinking cold but if you snorkel at the right time it's crystal clear and full of fish.