A right now thread

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
cheb

Re: A right now thread

Post by cheb »

Wondering if my cat needs to go to the vets for the last time. It's got/had toxoplasmosis and isn't thriving. It's fitting frequently and looking scared most of the time.

Mildly saddening, it's only a cat though.
David

Post by David »

They are never. " only a cat" . It has been a companion and a friend. And possibly a ratter as well. Of he or she is suffering (toxo woosit affects the mind iirc)as it sounds she is..make it easy for her. You understand whats going on...she doesnt.
I am sure you will do the right thing by her.
cheb

Post by cheb »

No, it's only a cat. Yes I have it for years, not sure how many but longer than 10. It sleeps on me, sits on my chair when if I don't get there first and all that other stuff. It's a he, but castrated and has a preference for voles. It's confused by birds and a couple of times have bought them into the house still alive.

It's still only a cat.

Other people may feel differently about this, but to me it's still only a cat. My opinion does not invalidate anyone else's.
Last edited by cheb on Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
David

Post by David »

Point taken...but she still deserves the best you can do for her.
cheb

Post by cheb »

Absolutely. You take on a pet you do all you can for it. I'm not going to keep it alive for my benefit.
ogri

Post by ogri »

Put him out of his misery and either bury him or make a stew?
Ignorance is bliss
cheb

Post by cheb »

He's about 15 years old and scrawny. There's not enough flesh for a stew.
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

Supposedly researching a new work project, but browsing crap instead (even more than usual) as I am struggling to concentrate because my Dad is in emergency surgery today. :(

He's had stomach pains since Monday and they took him in late last night and scheduled surgery this morning.

So - now waiting for news.
non quod, sed quomodo
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Braved the cold to clear the car of snow and thick ice from the windscreen. I don’t want the windscreen wipers wrecking. Next, started up the bike and let it run for half an hour. Topped it up with more fuel stabiliser. It worked fine last year. The rock salt in a tray under the bike is absorbing a lot of moisture.

Had a mooch about the garden and checked the water butts - rock solid ice. Starting to snow - again!

In now for a nice cup of tea. Spring will soon be here.

🙂
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Rockburner wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:54 pm Supposedly researching a new work project, but browsing crap instead (even more than usual) as I am struggling to concentrate because my Dad is in emergency surgery today. :( He's had stomach pains since Monday and they took him in late last night and scheduled surgery this morning. So - now waiting for news.
Hope it goes okay for your dad.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Rockburner wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:54 pm Supposedly researching a new work project, but browsing crap instead (even more than usual) as I am struggling to concentrate because my Dad is in emergency surgery today. :(

He's had stomach pains since Monday and they took him in late last night and scheduled surgery this morning.

Fingers crossed all is okay...
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

Phoenix wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:56 pm
Rockburner wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:54 pm Supposedly researching a new work project, but browsing crap instead (even more than usual) as I am struggling to concentrate because my Dad is in emergency surgery today. :( He's had stomach pains since Monday and they took him in late last night and scheduled surgery this morning. So - now waiting for news.
Hope it goes okay for your dad.
Taipan wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:39 pm
Rockburner wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:54 pm Supposedly researching a new work project, but browsing crap instead (even more than usual) as I am struggling to concentrate because my Dad is in emergency surgery today. :(

Fingers crossed all is okay...
All I know is that he's out, and "doing well". Still waiting for further info. :(
non quod, sed quomodo
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Just tidying up for BBQ later and came across a huge locust. Never seen one before.

Just trying to think who it reminds me of :think:
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Just had a Tesco cumberland sausage sandwich. Rare i get to eat such things, but it must be said, it was bloody lush!
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Taipan wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:17 am Just had a Tesco cumberland sausage sandwich. Rare i get to eat such things, but it must be said, it was bloody lush!
I'll chuck a couple on the BBQ later :)
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Rockburner wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:35 pm All I know is that he's out, and "doing well". Still waiting for further info. :(
Hope that all is still going well with his recovery. It is very difficult with not being able to visit physically and just hold hands etc...

I've just had coffee to warm up after being in a cold church to tidy up cabling and getting things ready for a virtual funeral on Wednesday.

Packing my stole and books for a Church Funeral and burial on Tuesday where I will do the committal of the body to the earth, my first one. I've done a few Crem services, but this is my first "burial" where I do the works.

Pre-recorded sermon launched today and I've had good comments from a few of the congregation.

have a good day all. In my neck of the woods it is warming up at last!
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

the_priest wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:58 pm
Rockburner wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:35 pm All I know is that he's out, and "doing well". Still waiting for further info. :(
Hope that all is still going well with his recovery. It is very difficult with not being able to visit physically and just hold hands etc...
Cheers.

Just managed to speak to him. He sounds frail, but is apparently doing ok. Managed to get a chuckle out of him, and reassure him about a couple of things so that was good.

Hopefully he'll be out in a couple of days.
non quod, sed quomodo
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Just managed to speak to him. He sounds frail, but is apparently doing ok. Managed to get a chuckle out of him, and reassure him about a couple of things so that was good. Hopefully he'll be out in a couple of days.
Excellent news! Good to know he's chuckling. Best wishes to him for a speedy recovery.

🙂
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Sat in the hospital car park :(

Took Mrs Y to the private hozzy, but they aren't allowing accompanying persons. So kicked me out.
No shade so it's a bit warm in the car.
No idea of how long she'll be.

But got Planet Rock on :)
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Cooking sausages and baking rolls for them to go in, as per my daughters request for her birthday breakfast, whilst wondering HTF she is 22.