Weird 6 Nations!

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Noggin

Weird 6 Nations!

Post by Noggin »

Soooo - France to win? Scotland??

Chatting with a mate in the uk about the Eng vs Scot match - till I realised she was seeing stuff 30 seconds before me :roll:

She has to wait to text me now!! LOL

So, is anyone else watching/interested? Or did the Rugby fans not make it??
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
KungFooBob

Re: Weird 6 Nations!

Post by KungFooBob »

I want to know why they all socially distance during the anthems?
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

KungFooBob wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:34 pm I want to know why they all socially distance during the anthems?
:lol: :lol:

Another friend raised that point.

My guess is it's to set an example? Maybe??

So, about the rugby??
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Big Red

Post by Big Red »

Scotland 11, England 6 result :clap: :clap: :clap:
Davie lad

Post by Davie lad »

Well done Scotland... YA BEAUTY :clap: :clap: :thumbup: :D :banana-wrench: :obscene-drinkingcheers: :obscene-birdiedoublered:
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Congrats to Scotland, England were shocking!!!
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

v8-powered wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:00 pm Congrats to Scotland, England were shocking!!!
Indeed. Scotland played Rugby, England tried to play pre-arranged set pieces, and when Scotland didn't do what they were supposed to do in Eddie Jones's plan, they had no answer.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Hoonercat

Post by Hoonercat »

Scotland were excellent and by far the better team, they thoroughly deserved the win.

Eeeuuuuw that was hard to admit :crazy:
Druid

Post by Druid »

France easily beat a very poor Italy, looking like this might be their year. Dupont is the stand out player for me, but there are a lot of exciting young players coming through for them.

England very poor, Scotland easily the better team but still unable to convert pressure into points, they should have put 30 points on England with the amount of territory and possession they had. I was impressed with Redpath, Ritchie Gray, Matt Fagerson and Jamie Ritchie. Hogg was poor in the first half, better in the second. Finn Russel is inconsistent and such a selfish bugger, that glory hunting drop kick attempt could have cost them dearly. deserved winners though.

I'm not looking forward to tomorrow's match. Wales looked clueless in the autumn matches, almost as though they didn't know what their gameplan was. There are players returning from injury being thrown in as starters and key players injured or otherwise unavailable. There are some odd selections - Dan Lydiate recalled, North at centre and Hallam Amos shouldn't be anywhere near an international squad. I don't think Wayne Pivac has what it takes to coach an international team and a poor 6N would be the excuse needed to get rid of him - but then we need to find a better coach to take us into the 2023 world cup. On the other hand I don't want Wales to lose to Ireland (again).
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Druid wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:02 am France easily beat a very poor Italy, looking like this might be their year. Dupont is the stand out player for me, but there are a lot of exciting young players coming through for them.

England very poor, Scotland easily the better team but still unable to convert pressure into points, they should have put 30 points on England with the amount of territory and possession they had. I was impressed with Redpath, Ritchie Gray, Matt Fagerson and Jamie Ritchie. Hogg was poor in the first half, better in the second. Finn Russel is inconsistent and such a selfish bugger, that glory hunting drop kick attempt could have cost them dearly. deserved winners though.

I'm not looking forward to tomorrow's match. Wales looked clueless in the autumn matches, almost as though they didn't know what their gameplan was. There are players returning from injury being thrown in as starters and key players injured or otherwise unavailable. There are some odd selections - Dan Lydiate recalled, North at centre and Hallam Amos shouldn't be anywhere near an international squad. I don't think Wayne Pivac has what it takes to coach an international team and a poor 6N would be the excuse needed to get rid of him - but then we need to find a better coach to take us into the 2023 world cup. On the other hand I don't want Wales to lose to Ireland (again).
I messaged a friend saying "France to win 6 Nations?" - he says it's too early!! But he's a Kiwi :lol: :lol:

Really enjoyed watching scotland but as you say, totally lacking in ability to convert the play to points. But so glad they won. Kinda sad that England couldn't get it together to play properly though :(

Need to go get some glasses from the van for the next match as could only just see the screen!! LOL Isn't an issue for films n things, but when I want to see players and watch their moves on a teeny tiny screen I seem to need my glasses!! LOL
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Damn and blast it :( :(

HTF did a top level player get sent off in the first 10 (?) mins??

And the last 10 mins were soooo nerve-wracking

Sooo wanted Ireland to win and they sometimes seemed like they could even a man down

That wasn't the Wales I was led to believe would turn up from the post above!! :lol:
Druid

Post by Druid »

Noggin wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:08 pm Damn and blast it :( :(

Because he's a cynical dirty cunt, always has been. He was red carded earlier this season for doing exactly the same in the Scarlets vs Munster match.
And the last 10 mins were soooo nerve-wracking

Sooo wanted Ireland to win and they sometimes seemed like they could even a man down

That wasn't the Wales I was led to believe would turn up from the post above!! :lol:
That was exactly the Wales I expected to turn up - disorganised, disinterested, poorly coached, they'll be lucky to beat Italy. Wayne Pivac and his coaching team have turned the World Cup semi finalists into a second tier rugby nation in a year. Gareth Davies kicking the ball away with 15 seconds left on the clock summed up just what a clusterfuck Welsh rugby is. Fortunately for Wales Billy Burns' cocked up penalty kick let us off the hook. I can't see us being that lucky again
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Oh dear!

Ireland, France and Wales all look good enough to beat England.
Scotland already have.

Thank God for Italy!

Seriously cracking game Wales v Ireland.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Druid

Post by Druid »

England won't be that bad again.

They will beat Wales comfortably, lose to France and scrape a win past the Irish in Dublin on the last day.

Everybody will beat Italy as usual, even Wales
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Druid wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:07 pm England won't be that bad again.

They will beat Wales comfortably, lose to France and scrape a win past the Irish in Dublin on the last day.

Why do they have to be that bad against Scotland?

They seem to have a mindset that they will run headlong into a wall of tacklers. If that doesn't work they are stuffed. Both Wales and Ireland played fluid Rugby.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Druid wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:24 pm
Noggin wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:08 pm Damn and blast it :( :(

Because he's a cynical dirty cunt, always has been. He was red carded earlier this season for doing exactly the same in the Scarlets vs Munster match.
Aaah. I don't know much about the players. Normally don't get a chance to see all the matches so just try to get back in time to rush into a bar and watch what I can! Have to rely on people around me to inform me!! And this year I didn't realise it would go ahead, so whilst I've had time to do some reading, I didn't know I would need to!! LOL

Funny though, a good mate describes Farrell in exactly those words!! :lol:

Druid wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:24 pm
Noggin wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:08 pm And the last 10 mins were soooo nerve-wracking

That was exactly the Wales I expected to turn up - disorganised, disinterested, poorly coached, they'll be lucky to beat Italy. Wayne Pivac and his coaching team have turned the World Cup semi finalists into a second tier rugby nation in a year. Gareth Davies kicking the ball away with 15 seconds left on the clock summed up just what a clusterfuck Welsh rugby is. Fortunately for Wales Billy Burns' cocked up penalty kick let us off the hook. I can't see us being that lucky again
Ok, I didn't think they were 'that' bad, but I guess it was more because they were playing a smaller team!! Gutted about Burn's messing up the penalty kick :(

Druid wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:07 pm England won't be that bad again.

I want France or Ireland to win overall. (I have English, Irish and Scottish genes and live in France!! LOL) Just hoping the Irish can keep a full team on the pitch and beat England!! :mrgreen:
Druid

Post by Druid »

Noggin wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:27 pm
I'm sure I've described Farrell using similar words. I'm sure I'll use them again when Wales play England next ;) ISTR pointing you at some examples of his "tackling" technique before - 6N 2019 or RWC?
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Druid wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:16 pm
Noggin wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:27 pm
I'm sure I've described Farrell using similar words. I'm sure I'll use them again when Wales play England next ;) ISTR pointing you at some examples of his "tackling" technique before - 6N 2019 or RWC?
I think you did!! Probably 6N 2019 :D :D

In a usual winter I don't have the brain power to remember stuff various rugby players do and don't watch any apart from 6 Nations s onever 'learn' the players

But I do remember when a friend uses a fairly extreme description about someone!! LOL

I told a mate (who is currently my 6 Nations watching buddy - but on a 30 second delay if she texts me!!) about the description of Farrell and she didn't think he was that bad. I didn't push it but since J and your comments, I can see more of his cuntyness in the matches I see!! :roll:

I'd say I liked it when people didn't play like that, but they showed a clip of a match from '73 (ish) today and Damn, some of those tackles!! LOL
slowsider

Post by slowsider »

Très bien joué :)
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I'm not overly chuffed with any of those results, but hey ho :( :(

Guess Ireland doesn't have a hope in hell now :( :( Spose France would be a good second best!!