Are Trump protests finished?

Current affairs, Politics, News.
DEADPOOL

Re: Are Trump protests finished?

Post by DEADPOOL »

inewham wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:40 pm Where do you expect to go with this?
Each side isn't going to convince the other that they were wrong, nobody is going to convert anyone to their way of thinking.
It just goes around in circles, the same things we've heard before that didn't make anyone change their minds before

Give it a rest for a while
I am not trying to "convince" anyone of anything nor do I have any agenda. I am merely presenting the information I find to try and fathom out some semblance of "truth" during these difficult days when any conversation which does not support the almost exclusively left wing biased mainstream media and big tech stories is either heavily censored, flagged as "fake", deleted or otherwise removed from public view.

I then wonder why these stories are being so universally promoted as "true" when it is so easy to look behind the propagandist rhetoric and determine the "back story". This is obviously true of both left/right leanings.

A typical example of that sort of thing is a picture of some poor innocent schoolboy, knocked off his motorcycle etc. The back story reveals a gangster teen delivering drugs on a stolen scooter. That sort of thing I find really annoying. It insults my intelligence so I take a peek behind the narrative.

What is often more shocking are the stories that are not carried - like the Hunter Biden laptop. It matters not to me what people believe or if they think a situation is good or bad but I do feel it is important to hear the whole story and not blindly believe whatever the media tell you or choose not to tell you. That is why someone like Trump is so important from one perspective or so dangerous from another.

A good half of the entire voting public in the USA wanted another four years of Trump (for good or bad - who cares) and that is why these protests are not finished by a long way.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

DEADPOOL wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:17 am
inewham wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:40 pm Where do you expect to go with this?
Each side isn't going to convince the other that they were wrong, nobody is going to convert anyone to their way of thinking.
It just goes around in circles, the same things we've heard before that didn't make anyone change their minds before

Give it a rest for a while
A good half of the entire voting public in the USA wanted another four years of Trump (for good or bad - who cares) and that is why these protests are not finished by a long way.
Well, not exactly
moth

Post by moth »

Here's something else to insult your...ahem, intelligence.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-55960298
Proud Tory scum since 1974.
Horse

Post by Horse »

Remind us of how the popular vote ended up in 2016. I'll save you the trouble:

Clinton had 48%, Trump 46%

Odd that he was happy to accept the result then ....
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Horse wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:12 am
Remind us of how the popular vote ended up in 2016. I'll save you the trouble:

Clinton had 48%, Trump 46%

Odd that he was happy to accept the result then ....
Amongst other things, Trump is a very bad loser. He doesn't do graciousness in defeat.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Cousin Jack wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:27 am He doesn't do graciousness in defeat.
You'd think he'd have got the hang of it now with all the practice :D

He's basically Homer Simpson isn't he?
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

Interesting that no-one chooses to respond to the points I am making.

"Trump won 74,222,958 votes, or 46.8 percent of the votes cast. That’s more votes than any other presidential candidate has ever won (with the exception of Biden.)"

Just that fact alone is enough to raise suspicion surely. How on earth does a half dead corrupt politician like Biden get an unheard of number of votes when he didn't even bother to campaign? The you look at the actual process and that's where we must agree to disagree because I see so much evidence of bias, unfair media exposure and downright fraud I literally cannot understand why so many people can't.
Kneerly Down

Post by Kneerly Down »

DEADPOOL wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:37 amHow on earth does a half dead corrupt politician like Biden get an unheard of number of votes when he didn't even bother to campaign?
If Biden didn't campaign, how did he end up spending over $1.6 billion* on the campaign?

*$600m more than Trump
https://www.opensecrets.org/2020-presid ... =N00001669
Horse

Post by Horse »

DEADPOOL wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:37 am Interesting that no-one chooses to respond to the points I am making.

"Trump won

I literally cannot understand
Edited down to key points.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

Kneerly Down wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:47 am If Biden didn't campaign, how did he end up spending over $1.6 billion* on the campaign?
*$600m more than Trump
https://www.opensecrets.org/2020-presid ... =N00001669
You are referring to the Biden for president campaign run by the mainstream media, big tech and of course the election team. Creepy Joe spent most of his time in his basement, not on the campaign trail. He was literally told, way before the actual election, not to bother "we've got this". They also had to make sure he reads off the autocue and doesn't take questions (no change there then).

One good example of where the money went: FaceBook bunged the dems $300 million so they could install postal ballot boxes in all the Dem controlled areas (and buy some dominion counting machines). Not illegal per se but quite heavily biased whereas the Dominion system is of course favoured by all sensible dictatorships.

All you have to do is run around all the flats and multiple occupancy areas and gather as many anonymous postal votes as you can, fill them in for Biden. No one wll be any the wiser. YouTube vids of that "ballot harvesting" strategy have been deleted, the channels cancelled and "nothing to see here"....
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

DEADPOOL wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:37 am Interesting that no-one chooses to respond to the points I am making.
Because nobody gives a shit and it's not important.

It doesn't matter how hard you keep banging the drum.
moth

Post by moth »

The supporters of only one US political party engaged in an attempt to overthrow the legally elected government at the behest of the outgoing PotUS, and it wasn't the Democrats.

You're so wound up looking for Far Left conspiracies that you're ignoring the Right Wing extremist groups that are growing exponentially in the Land of the Free.

How about addressing that?

Aryan Nation
Oath Takers
Proud Boys (how ghey is that FFS?)
The Order.
Atomwaffen
Proud Tory scum since 1974.
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

"Trump won 74,222,958 votes, or 46.8 percent of the votes cast. That’s more votes than any other presidential candidate has ever won but not as many as his opponent got.

It seems to me that Trump made such a good/bad job of the presidency that voters who normally couldn't be bothered to vote (yes, there are people like that) decided it was time they did so.

Now I can't and won't say the better man won because personally I think that neither of them were worthy of the job of president, just as when Trump won back in 2016 I could believe that out of a country of 320 million people it came down to a choice between Trump and that Clinton woman.

US politics is so shamefully rotten that I have to repeat myself - the people who should be running for president of the USA are running the other way. I'm sure there are some good people over there who would make great presidents and be good for the US but the two main political parties are stuck in a big cesspit of their own making. They're rotten, they stink and they really need to clean up their acts.
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

Yambo wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:00 pm It seems to me that Trump made such a good/bad job of the presidency that voters who normally couldn't be bothered to vote (yes, there are people like that) decided it was time they did so.

Now I can't and won't say the better man won because personally I think that neither of them were worthy of the job of president, just as when Trump won back in 2016 I could believe that out of a country of 320 million people it came down to a choice between Trump and that Clinton woman.

US politics is so shamefully rotten that I have to repeat myself - the people who should be running for president of the USA are running the other way. I'm sure there are some good people over there who would make great presidents and be good for the US but the two main political parties are stuck in a big cesspit of their own making. They're rotten, they stink and they really need to clean up their acts.
Yea, can't disagree, though I would suggest a far higher number of those who couldn't be bothered to vote have no idea that they actually did.

But more importantly, the best thing about Trump was he was a terrible politician, arguably not even a real politician. He is probably morally bankrupt and as corrupt as most businessmen. But he actually didn't do such a bad job. I seem to recall he's not even a "real" Republican but decided to play that role as the better bet for getting voted in.

OTOH Biden is infinitely worse and is quite likely going to end up bankrupting America. I don't see him lasting 6 months before Parkinsons' gets the better of him and he's put out to pasture. He would struggle to have a conversation without a teleprompter or a live feed in his earpiece telling him what to say. Kamala Harris is probably going to make things worse!

Anyhow, the main thrust of my argument is not about Trump, Biden or democrat vs. Republican, it's the nature of the democratic process itself and the reporting of it. Without a solid set of rules with robustly enforced checks and balances, especially when it comes to media bias and the extreme power of big tech, it is democracy in name only.
Skub

Post by Skub »

I always viewed the US as a plutocracy rather than a democracy. The common bods are given the choice of a few chosen rich folk,then they can pretend to vote for them.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Slenver

Post by Slenver »

DEADPOOL wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:37 amHow on earth does a half dead corrupt politician like Biden get an unheard of number of votes when he didn't even bother to campaign?
Easy. Just by not being a corrupt, egomaniacal, incompetent, divisive narcissist. It's like that old saying about not needing to outrun a chasing crocodile, just the other guy you're with.

DEADPOOL wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:37 amI see so much evidence of bias, unfair media exposure
You're right. Fox News is a disgrace.
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

When you make a point worth responding to people will respond.
DEADPOOL wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:37 am "Trump won 74,222,958 votes, or 46.8 percent of the votes cast. That’s more votes than any other presidential candidate has ever won (with the exception of Biden.)"
You're right, he was beaten by Biden. That's what happens in elections.
DEADPOOL wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:37 am Just that fact alone is enough to raise suspicion surely. How on earth does a half dead corrupt politician like Biden get an unheard of number of votes when he didn't even bother to campaign? The you look at the actual process and that's where we must agree to disagree because I see so much evidence of bias, unfair media exposure and downright fraud I literally cannot understand why so many people can't.
It doesn't show good Biden is, it shows how bad Trump was. But when it comes down to it you'll believe the stories that fit your mindset and they will be 'facts' in your own mind, regardless of any evidence.

A man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest.
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

@Skub, @Slenver , @wheelnut, I won't quote everything but I don't disagree with everything you all say either.

US politics has become somewhat of a plutocracy but I think that's true of most democratic systems. It is still the least worst option. Trump was a breath of fresh air simply by being so different. I thought it was hilarious that such a tycoon could beat a seasoned pro like Hilary. She didn't see the funny side of it and has been spreading disinformation for years.

Please tell me we can agree this "Russian collusion" nonsense was obviously a complete fabrication...

Fox news is just as bad as all the other mainstream media outlets except of course it is one of the very few who are not extreme left wing. There must be a balance, without evil, how can there be any good?

Whether Biden is "less dreadful" than Trump remains to be seen. It's not going well for America yet. Some of his early diktats are beginning to develop a storm of protest.

Then the final comment about belief, facts and evidence. I appreciate it is meant to be an insult but it does raise an interesting point. I generally believe nothing the media tells me. But there are times when a video (full version not the media edit) demands some explanation. I can see the conspiracy theories for what they are and I accept the odd dead voters is just one of those things, probably statistically insignificant but there were a number of odd occurrences which have never been explained away.

So I might not "believe" the stories, I might not even declare an event as a "fact" but from these I may form my own opinion based on the overwhelming preponderance of evidence rather than meekly accept the mainstream media view.
Potter

Post by Potter »

This thread...

DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

I sort of agree with Yambo (heavens!) that the presidential circus in the US is just one dreadfully iffy set of candidates after another*. There's really no 'choice' at all, and even if there was the us-against-them polarisation of republican v democrat means that it's impossible for voices to be truly heard. Trump is an example of a really bad choice though, Biden I think realistically less so (but only because trump was so dreadful). I'm sure there was some electoral cheating, I think there probably often is - people can be shameless and are absolutely convinced in their view of right.

*The one exception being Obama.