What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
ZRX61

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by ZRX61 »

gremlin wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:51 pm
Yorick wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:48 pm Gremmers. Just burn it all :)
Since it's all gone water based even that option is closed.....
flush it down the shitter, follow with 5 gal of water
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Today I worked in the Church running 130 metres of cable for two live stream cameras and projector. Next step is to wire in the final camera and move all the equipment to the sound desk (which needs to go digital). So we will have three cameras to switch views and be able to run all the sound via the desk and keep a good quality. And it was 6C in the Church, so a good incentive to keep moving and not freeze! Then got home and helped my son fit the mudguards to his new bicycle which he is very happy with. A BTwin Rockrider with hydraulic disc brakes front and rear, 24 speeds, good upgraded rims, upgraded bar and nice seat. Excellent tyres as well. Bike is also in superb condition. Cost him £200 all in. Quite the bargain I think.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I've had an AWESOME day!!

First I skied with some friends. After driving the other day, one of the friends I drove for did the driving today (we needed to drop a couple of other cars to the finish as there ended up being 7 of us skiing!!)

No lifts open still but the resort has pisted a small section of a LOT of runs - I suspect because it's safer to piste a bit than have random people walk up the mountain in deep snow and then need collecting when they crash :( But the pisting works great for me and one of the others - we haven't learnt powder, so most of the others stuck to the edges in powder and me and Sue skied the pisted bit!! :D :banana-dance: :banana-dance:

Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Absolute best bit - Look - I can lift my right arm to almost 90 degrees!!!!

Damn that made me sooooooooo happy!!

Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
formula400

Post by formula400 »

Noggin wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:47 pm Absolute best bit - Look - I can lift my right arm to almost 90 degrees!!!!

Looks amazing, very jealous
CBR650r :mrgreen:
The Martian

Post by The Martian »

I've been offered a job today, crap money but think I will really enjoy the job. I was interviewed first and apparently set the bar too high for the other applicants (I wasn't due to hear until Thursday with the last interview today but they said it was an easy decision :)

Be my first time as an employee since 2009!
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

So you had to walk up the ski slop noggin?

Fuck. That. :D

I remember walking up a sled slope in Colorado and getting out of breath! That was at about 3000 metres* though, how high are you?

*The town was 3000 metres, I didn't walk up a 10,000ft high sled slope
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

formula400 wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:04 pm
Noggin wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:47 pm Absolute best bit - Look - I can lift my right arm to almost 90 degrees!!!!

Looks amazing, very jealous
We are very lucky that a few of get on and can share driving and chill on the slopes. Half expecting another full lockdown soon, so have to take advantage of a blue sky day :D :D
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:12 pm So you had to walk up the ski slop noggin?

I remember walking up a sled slope in Colorado and getting out of breath! That was at about 3000 metres* though, how high are you?

No not today. I do, the only skis I have at the moment are touring skis. I've not done as much as I'd wanted to in the last three seasons as it hurt to much to do it

But, today a friend drove us up then met us at the bottom and took us back up again!!

But from now I'm hoping to walk up a bit when it's not snowing. If I can get fit enough in the next few weeks to walk a good way up the mountain, I can ask a friend to teach me to ski on powder :D :D

(Although I am half planning to get a snowboard on loan and relearn to do that!!) :D
cheb

Post by cheb »

The Martian wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:11 pm I've been offered a job today, crap money but think I will really enjoy the job. I was interviewed first and apparently set the bar too high for the other applicants (I wasn't due to hear until Thursday with the last interview today but they said it was an easy decision :)

Be my first time as an employee since 2009!

Well done.

My first spawn has a job interview tomorrow morning. They were told by email late this afternoon. Obviously being dole scum* they have nothing better to do. And the nursery is shut because of C-19. Lucky they've got an idle parent with nothing better to do.

*They aren't, they are self employed and a stay at home parent.
cheb

Post by cheb »

I've started learning about fault finding on small generators. No prizes for guessing why.
David

Post by David »

What did I do today?.....
Well...got up.....poo'ed. ...breakfast (toast and boiled egg. Got the fire going. Prevaricated. Played scrabble. Lost.
Lunch (curry from freezer). Walked down the track to fetch the car (foolishly went to the post box in it yesterday..too icy to drive back up.) The walk back nearly did for me. 600metres, uphill...I am 71 & 11/12ths and not very fit.
Bottled some tomato wine which will need a year. Fetched in some wood. Played scrabble. Won. Tried to get on to Hermes' live chat to ask where the second parcel I sent to Holland is. No luck. Looked at the claim for parcel 1. " we need more information. " They have had the info at least three times. The phone number is chargeable and gets me nowhere. Found an email address , sent a snotty missive which came back as that email is no longer in use. Redirected it to the managing director. I would put a soapy tenner on that not getting anywhere.
So tonight I will write a stiff letter to the physical address and snail mail it.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:12 pm So you had to walk up the ski slop noggin?

Sorry, forgot - I'm at 2000m. It takes me about 6 weeks to get to almost normal breathing when I get here from a summer in the uk, or this year, a summer near Grenoble!! (Should take a couple of weeks, but regardless of my fitness level, my system doesn't seem to like altitude!!)

I do walk up slow when I tour but I also recover very fast, so it's worth it :D :D
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Took delivery of my chimney balloons! :D If my dog doesnt dead it, it’ll go in later!

photo upload site
Skub

Post by Skub »

Good skills in getting the dog to blow up the balloons.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Skub wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:02 pm Good skills in getting the dog to blow up the balloons.
Got a feeling she's fecking bit it! :roll: I wont know for sure until the wife's tried to blow it up!
Skub

Post by Skub »

Taipan wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:07 pm
Skub wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:02 pm Good skills in getting the dog to blow up the balloons.
Got a feeling she's fecking bit it! :roll: I wont know for sure until the wife's tried to blow it up!
:lol:
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

In and done. Only took teh wife a few puffs, but then she is full of hot air! :lol:
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Was supposed to go visit the vampires in the Stab Lab this morning, but was moving like an old(er) fart so that can wait until tomorrow
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Was testing the replacement for the replacement camera today, stuck it to a window & left it alone. Caught this critter. (it's only an 16second clip)