Are Trump protests finished?

Current affairs, Politics, News.
ZRX61

Re: Are Trump protests finished?

Post by ZRX61 »

wheelnut wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:26 am
ZRX61 wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:02 pm Once Beijing Biden gets done reversing all of Trumps EO's they won't have anything to blame Trump for....
So following your logic, as Trump used EOs to reverse lots of Obama’s decisions you’ve nothing to blame Obama for?
Obama's EO's damaged the economy, caused job losses, raised the cost of utilities, food, gas & everything else, made it damn near impossible to get health insurance (took me 6 years to get approved) suppressed wages, ferinstance: my weekly income became my monthly income under Obama, under Trump I got most of it back, now I'm about to lose my medical insurance again.
Trump cured those problems.
Jobamala decided he wants to damage the economy, cause job losses, raise the cost of utilities, food, gas & everything else.
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

ZRX61 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:34 pm
Obama's EO's damaged the economy, caused job losses, raised the cost of utilities, food, gas & everything else, made it damn near impossible to get health insurance (took me 6 years to get approved) suppressed wages, ferinstance: my weekly income became my monthly income under Obama, under Trump I got most of it back, now I'm about to lose my medical insurance again.
Jobamala decided he wants to damage the economy, cause job losses, raise the cost of utilities, food, gas & everything else.
Yeah, but Trump reversed all that as soon as he signed all his EOs, didn’t he?

Trump had fucked America with his idiocy. It’s never been so divided since the civil war. He even encouraged people to storm the capitol ffs.

I know you won’t be convinced of it as it’s what you believe and we all know how strong beliefs can be no matter how illogical, but trump hasn’t done the USA any favours. At all.

Unlike your ant-dem stance, I have no horse in this race, I have been supportive of past presidents on both sides of the aisle, but Trump? FFS, what was America thinking?

He has trashed the Republican Party, it will take them years to get some unity and cohesion again.

Look at Trimps business dealings, he leaves a trail of devastation anywhere he goes, bankrupt companies, fucked suppliers, no US banks would deal with him BEFORE he trashed the presidency, let alone after.

Trump said he would treat the presidency like a business. Well, he did, and got the same results he normally gets with his business.
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

Mussels wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:57 pm Everyone's got it in for big tech having the power to censor people on a whim without being held responsible. The claim they hid behind that they are platforms and not publishers has been blown out of the water by them making editorial descisions on what gets posted.
I’m not sure it’s a case of them wanting editorial control, more a case of them not wanting their platform used as a vehicle for inciting violence and unrest.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

wheelnut wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:40 pm
Trump said he would treat the presidency like a business. Well, he did, and got the same results he normally gets with his business.
AFAIK Trump has only ever made a profit in two ventures: The Apprentice and his presidential campaign.

Both rely solely on him being Donald Trump™ and achieving nothing of substance :D
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:53 pm AFAIK Trump has only ever made a profit in two ventures: The Apprentice and his presidential campaign.

Both rely solely on him being Donald Trump™ and achieving nothing of substance :D
People donating millions to help ‘overturn the vote’ when the money was going to pay his campaign debt was surreal - no wonder he dragged it on as long as he could.
Lutin

Post by Lutin »

wheelnut wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:40 pmTrump said he would treat the presidency like a business. Well, he did, and got the same results he normally gets with his business.
Which could explain why he thinks that 75 is a bigger number than 80. ;)

Or is it just millions he gets confused over? :mrgreen:
Horse

Post by Horse »

Lutin wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:56 pm
wheelnut wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:40 pmTrump said he would treat the presidency like a business. Well, he did, and got the same results he normally gets with his business.
Which could explain why he thinks that 75 is a bigger number than 80. ;)

Or is it just millions he gets confused over? :mrgreen:
No, mid-way numbers too.

Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

ZRX61 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:34 pm
Yeah, but Trump reversed all that as soon as he signed all his EOs, didn’t he?

Trump had fucked America with his idiocy. It’s never been so divided since the civil war. He even encouraged people to storm the capitol ffs.

I know you won’t be convinced of it as it’s what you believe and we all know how strong beliefs can be no matter how illogical, but trump hasn’t done the USA any favours. At all.

Unlike your ant-dem stance, I have no horse in this race, I have been supportive of past presidents on both sides of the aisle, but Trump? FFS, what was America thinking?

He has trashed the Republican Party, it will take them years to get some unity and cohesion again.

Look at Trimps business dealings, he leaves a trail of devastation anywhere he goes, bankrupt companies, fucked suppliers, no US banks would deal with him BEFORE he trashed the presidency, let alone after.

I barely listened to a word he said for four years, I merely judged on him of what he did for energy independence, jobs, the economy, border security, health insurance, the cost of medicines, water storage in California & reversing a bunch of regulatory bullshit that cost the average business 35% of their revenue to keep the doors open. We even had a program whereby any business that runs at a loss has to pay the Govt $800 to report that fact to make up for taxes they lost be you not turning a profit... but it's a "fee" not a tax.
Horse

Post by Horse »

Horse wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:09 pm
Mussels wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:57 pm
Potter wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:22 pm There is a story on the BBC news that Biden really dislikes Facebook and is probably going to clip their wings soon.

The more I read about him the more I actually like him.
Everyone's got it in for big tech having the power to censor people on a whim without being held responsible. The claim they hid behind that they are platforms and not publishers has been blown out of the water by them making editorial descisions on what gets posted.
Also the Cambridge Analytics tie-in helping Trump in 2016, a bit of revenge?
And another bit of actions and consequences.

Dominion Voting Systems filed a defamation lawsuit on Monday against Rudolph W. Giuliani, the lawyer for Donald J. Trump and former mayor of New York City who played a key role in the former president’s monthslong effort to subvert the 2020 election.

The 107-page lawsuit, filed in the Federal District Court in Washington, accuses Mr. Giuliani of carrying out “a viral disinformation campaign about Dominion” made up of “demonstrably false” allegations, in part to enrich himself through legal fees and his podcast.

The suit seeks damages of more than $1.3 billion and is based on more than 50 statements Mr. Giuliani made at legislative hearings, on Twitter, on his podcast and in the conservative news media, where he spun a fictitious narrative of a plot by one of the biggest voting machine manufacturers in the country to flip votes to President Biden.
Horse

Post by Horse »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:53 pm
AFAIK Trump has only ever made a profit in two ventures: The Apprentice and his presidential campaign.

Apparently Boeing have saved a few bob.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021/01 ... _source=tw

JAN. 23, 2021
The Trump Administration Let Boeing Settle a Killer Case for Almost Nothing
By Ankush Khardori

In the dwindling weeks of Donald Trump’s presidency, the Justice Department announced that it had reached a settlement with Boeing to resolve a years-long criminal investigation after two 737 Max jetliners crashed and killed 346 people. The headlines predictably focused on the top-line figure that the government had advertised — a $2.5 billion payment from the company — but this was about as accurate as a Trump University marketing flyer. In fact, this may have been one of the most unusual and ill-conceived corporate criminal settlements in American history.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

ZRX61 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:46 pm We even had a program whereby any business that runs at a loss has to pay the Govt $800 to report that fact to make up for taxes they lost be you not turning a profit... but it's a "fee" not a tax.
Not quite.

California has an $800 annual tax on any LLC registered in the state, profitable or otherwise. Perhaps that's why you're referring to? The state governor has actually decreased the number of firms who have to pay it, by allowing more first year exemptions, as part of an effort to reduce burdens on small businesses during the pandemic.

Said tax - the Franchise Tax - was introduced in 1929.

Lets not let ugly facts get in the way though.
Last edited by Mr. Dazzle on Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Horse wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:50 pm
And another bit of actions and consequences.

Dominion Voting Systems filed a defamation lawsuit on Monday against Rudolph W. Giuliani, the lawyer for Donald J. Trump and former mayor of New York City who played a key role in the former president’s monthslong effort to subvert the 2020 election.
Great news, the old fucker is damn near as senile as Pres Jobamala
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

Horse wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:30 pm
No, mid-way numbers too.

Here's a picture at the time of the actual inauguration:

Funny how often that picture from 07:30 <whatever> in the morning pops up.
Amazing to think some people will believe anything they are told.
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

ZRX61 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:46 pm I barely listened to a word he said for four years ....
Perhaps you should have done, you’d have probably reached the same conclusion as me.
Horse

Post by Horse »

DEADPOOL wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:20 pm
Horse wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:30 pm
No, mid-way numbers too.

Here's a picture at the time of the actual inauguration:

Funny how often that picture from 07:30 <whatever> in the morning pops up.
Amazing to think some people will believe anything they are told.
Amazing that you didn't think to post a matching aerial photo for us to believe. Please do.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

The two photos don't contradict each other. The 'aerial' ones are taken from the Washington Monument, the obelisk in the background of the 'reverse' shot. You can see i the latter one that the crowd barely reaches the white buildings visible in the aerial shot.

Also....at 0730 in the morning in late January it'd still be half dark, sunrise would have been 0715-0720 ish.
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

The reason the media want you to believe there was "nobody there" is because of the bluster and hype of Trumps "biggest crowd ever" nonsense. The truth is, as usual, somewhere in the middle. In some ways this is a paradigm for the entire Trump/anti-Trump campaign: one of polar opposites.

This is the greatest thing ever: no it's the worst thing possible. On the one side Trump with his self publicising hyperbole, on the other the left wing biased media painting everything as black as soot. A battle of fake news vs. alt. facts.

The upshot is, nothing is ever true. both sides have to use ever increasing levels of deception and the left wins largely due to the overwhelming power of big tech and mainstream media. The best liars won.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

wheelnut wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:29 pm
ZRX61 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:46 pm I barely listened to a word he said for four years ....
Perhaps you should have done, you’d have probably reached the same conclusion as me.
Why would I do that? I couldn't stand his speaking style, personality or body language.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Forgot to mention Jobamala's other accomplishments since Wednesday:

Income & Payroll taxes went from 37% to 52%
Capital Gains went from 23.8% to 43.4%
Small Business Taxes went from 29.6% to 39.6% (yanno, all those people who earn under $400k a year that he said he wouldn't raise taxes on...)
Corporate Taxes went from 21% to 28.8%
Reinstated the fine for not being able to afford health insurance

This will do wonders for the economy...
Potter

Post by Potter »

I'm reluctant to be a contributor to this left-wing circle jerk, but I didn't like him very much either.

He didn't divide a nation though, that's like a cockerel getting the credit for the sun coming up, he just lifted a lid on a lot of unhappiness and it popped right out. He didn't ask armed goons to take over Seattle and I don't think he'd have had the balls (or his followers have the brains) to suggest the Capitol Hill episode if everyone hadn't seen it happen in Seattle first. But hey, provision for an armed insurrection is in the constitution.

Now it's back to the status quo of multi-millionaire professional politicians running the show, which I've always found a bit weird, why would a left-wing person vote in a multi-millionaire elite? But they do and they still need a bogeyman, so there will be frothing about Trump for decades, just like the "Still fighting Thatcher" mob.