Pfizer vaccine approved

Current affairs, Politics, News.
Docca

Re: Pfizer vaccine approved

Post by Docca »

Just if anyone was interested- no further noticeable side effects after first day. All is well.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Asian Boss wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:00 pm
DefTrap wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:16 pm A friend was tasked with taking some olds to their booked vaccine appt (one of the Norwich hubs is out in the sticks). It was near the end of the day and they had some vaccine over, lucky young'un got hers early.
What if she can't get the second dose for ages and that somehow banjaxes it?

Then Covid could come and get her, very much like House of Pain.

She should have pushed over a few TEs and grabbed a second dose.
I don't think it works like. Friend of mine is 58 and got it for the same reasons DT's friend did. She is now on the list for her second jab within the same time scale as the people she took there. Once you're on the bookings system, it seems to generate your date for your second jab automatically.
Docca

Post by Docca »

We did another 1k injections today ( I managed 80). No listed issues from. Those yesterday.
Asian Boss

Post by Asian Boss »

Taipan wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:29 am
Asian Boss wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:00 pm
DefTrap wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:16 pm A friend was tasked with taking some olds to their booked vaccine appt (one of the Norwich hubs is out in the sticks). It was near the end of the day and they had some vaccine over, lucky young'un got hers early.
What if she can't get the second dose for ages and that somehow banjaxes it?

Then Covid could come and get her, very much like House of Pain.

She should have pushed over a few TEs and grabbed a second dose.
I don't think it works like. Friend of mine is 58 and got it for the same reasons DT's friend did. She is now on the list for her second jab within the same time scale as the people she took there. Once you're on the bookings system, it seems to generate your date for your second jab automatically.
I just wanted to push some TEs over really.

Sounds like Deffy can stock up on the vaccine and I can get the G/F to do the injecting.
To a kid looking up to me, life ain't nothing but bitches and money.
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

Docca wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:36 am Just if anyone was interested- no further noticeable side effects after first day. All is well.
Mrs W got her first one before Xmas and was a little bit ropey (headache mainly), she got her second 10 days or so ago and was noticeably worse after that one. Headache, joint pain and just felt pretty shitty. Started about 24 hrs after the second jab and lasted about 60 hours. All good now though. That was the Pfizer flavour.
irie

Post by irie »

wheelnut wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:30 pm
Docca wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:36 am Just if anyone was interested- no further noticeable side effects after first day. All is well.
Mrs W got her first one before Xmas and was a little bit ropey (headache mainly), she got her second 10 days or so ago and was noticeably worse after that one. Headache, joint pain and just felt pretty shitty. Started about 24 hrs after the second jab and lasted about 60 hours. All good now though. That was the Pfizer flavour.
That's exactly what Mrs irie had for 48 hours after her first jab (AZ) last week.
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
Potter

Post by Potter »

wheelnut wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:30 pm Headache, joint pain and just felt pretty shitty.
To be fair that sounds like pretty much most mornings since I turned forty :lol:
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

My wife had first jab before Xmas. 2nd jab now put back to March. First jab gives 50 ish % of something, 2nd 90 ish % of something, potentially. 🤔

So, with the 50, does it mean, her chance of catching it is halved or her potential illness will be half as bad as it would of been. ???

Worst case, if she would of died, now she won't. If she would of had minor symptoms, she may now have none. So my thinking is, when you've had a jab, symptoms will still vary between folk. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Is my thinking good or bad.??? 🙂👍👎
Yamaha rocket 3
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

Dodgy knees wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:35 am My wife had first jab before Xmas. 2nd jab now put back to March. First jab gives 50 ish % of something, 2nd 90 ish % of something, potentially. 🤔

So, with the 50, does it mean, her chance of catching it is halved or her potential illness will be half as bad as it would of been. ???

Worst case, if she would of died, now she won't. If she would of had minor symptoms, she may now have none. So my thinking is, when you've had a jab, symptoms will still vary between folk. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Is my thinking good or bad.??? 🙂👍👎
I think your reasoning mirrors the government’s. Although the medical consensus seems to be going the other way.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55777084
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

Glad I’m getting the Oxford one
Wossname

Post by Wossname »

Your thinking is OK, but... AFAICG, the 50% you quote is arrived at by averaging the protection at day 1 over the period to day 21. Obviously at day 1 protection is nearly zero, at day 21 its around 90% >> av 50, which isn't a realistic figure. That's my understanding, from something I read somewhere. No, don't ask.

One of the problems with sticking to the 3 week interval for the booster is that after 3 weeks, when the very vulnerable (80+) are due their 2nd injection, we're still in the middle of vaccinating the vulnerable (70+) for the first time. We don't have double the vaccinating capacity - staff or vaccine - to do this. It'll still be a problem 12 weeks on, but at least then we should be down to the slightly less vulnerable waiting for their first jab.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Dodgy knees wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:35 am Is my thinking good or bad.??? 🙂👍👎
Yes.

Which also seems to be the expert opinion.
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Thanks gents,

I'll tell her, her chances of dieing are half they would of been, but being dependant on how easily she would of died without the vaccine.

It her birthday today. 😅👍
Yamaha rocket 3
Docca

Post by Docca »

The AZ vaccine is flooring more of our staff here. One of our directors is currently in hospital following theirs- probably unrelated, but just collapsed 2 days after.
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

Docca wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:51 pm The AZ vaccine is flooring more of our staff here. One of our directors is currently in hospital following theirs- probably unrelated, but just collapsed 2 days after.
:obscene-birdiedoublered:

Too late - I’m booked. I could have chosen Pfizer but flew the British flag, cheaper for the nhs etc

lol 😂
Skub

Post by Skub »

Docca wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:51 pm The AZ vaccine is flooring more of our staff here. One of our directors is currently in hospital following theirs- probably unrelated, but just collapsed 2 days after.
That's a bit of a concern...
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

I hope nobody has died of covid since having the vaccine. :silent:
Yamaha rocket 3
Docca

Post by Docca »

Of course people are dying since having the vaccine.

Not only is the vaccine ( any) not 100% effective, you have the opportunity to catch c19 whilst building your vaccine response.

Plus, new variants etc. The hope is that we keep distancing and get vaccinated.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

More concerns on the news about the Govt's decision to lengthen the time between jabs, this time raised by the manufacturer. Apparently we're the only country doing this?
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

Denmark approved the delay of the second dose, Germany are considering it, and WHO had said it is ok.

Just shows - even science cant 100% agree on it...