Are Trump protests finished?

Current affairs, Politics, News.
Mussels

Are Trump protests finished?

Post by Mussels »

Biden takes over about 5pm GMT today, as it had all been quiet over the weekend I thought that would be the end of it but then I saw this buried in the news.
BBC wrote:Some of his supporters say they are planning a virtual "second inauguration" for Mr Trump on the same day (and time) that Mr Biden takes office. More than 68,000 people have said on Facebook they will attend the online event to show their support for Mr Trump.
I think the last time something like that happened was president Jefferson Davis in the civil war, does this mean we'll see more fireworks over the pond?
DefTrap

Re: Are Trump protests finished?

Post by DefTrap »

Mussels wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:42 pm Biden takes over about 5pm GMT today, as it had all been quiet over the weekend I thought that would be the end of it but then I saw this buried in the news.
BBC wrote:Some of his supporters say they are planning a virtual "second inauguration" for Mr Trump on the same day (and time) that Mr Biden takes office. More than 68,000 people have said on Facebook they will attend the online event to show their support for Mr Trump.
I think the last time something like that happened was president Jefferson Davis in the civil war, does this mean we'll see more fireworks over the pond?
I'm not sure 68000 doing something passively counts as News.
Horse

Post by Horse »

He is 'said to be' considering setting up his own 'Patriot' political party, also an alternative to Twitter.

However, WRT to the OP., there are a lot of rent a mob types (the 'boys', etc.) who aren't going to just mentally go back home and be quiet. But, guessing, they would need to be provoked or inspired to action.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
JamJar

Post by JamJar »

I think the presence of a lot of armed troops has taken the wind out of the sails of a lot of the part time terrorists.
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

JamJar wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:08 pm I think the presence of a lot of armed troops has taken the wind out of the sails of a lot of the part time terrorists.
I think I saw an article that said there was a small handful of the National Guard were 'relieved of their duties' for today after vetting.....
non quod, sed quomodo
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

FBI Bod on Radio 4 today said that they have a a whole dept setup for internal terrorism and they think attacks are highly likely after Biden takes office. Apparently they have no specific law for dealing with home grown terrorists!
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Rockburner wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:12 pm I think I saw an article that said there was a small handful of the National Guard were 'relieved of their duties' for today after vetting.....
12 of them by yesterday, always a good sign when you have a political purge of law enforcement & the military... We also have the media reporting on the business interests of any Trump supporter who is arrested which leads to the businesses being targeted... This all seems vaguely familiar, Beijing Biden hasn't announced who will be reprising the role of Ernst Rohm yet.
Not sure if you're seeing it over there, but a lot of State capitols are also surrounded by fences & the military. Nero Newsolini here in Calizuela has totally lost the plot.
Of course there is an upside to all this.... The fences installed to keep the proles out also keep the politicians IN.. :lol:
David

Post by David »

Mussels wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:42 pm Biden takes over about 5pm GMT today, as it had all been quiet over the weekend I thought that would be the end of it but then I saw this buried in the news.
Didnt know America had the interweb when Jefferson was around
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

ZRX61 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:26 pm
Rockburner wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:12 pm I think I saw an article that said there was a small handful of the National Guard were 'relieved of their duties' for today after vetting.....
12 of them by yesterday, always a good sign when you have a political purge of law enforcement & the military... We also have the media reporting on the business interests of any Trump supporter who is arrested which leads to the businesses being targeted... This all seems vaguely familiar, Beijing Biden hasn't announced who will be reprising the role of Ernst Rohm yet.
Not sure if you're seeing it over there, but a lot of State capitols are also surrounded by fences & the military. Nero Newsolini here in Calizuela has totally lost the plot.
Of course there is an upside to all this.... The fences installed to keep the proles out also keep the politicians IN.. :lol:
I think trump was king of political purges but it does seem like the media have it in for free speech, free as long as it's what the media owners want to hear.
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

ZRX61 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:26 pm .
Politicians have helicopters......
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

the_priest wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:06 pm Politicians have helicopters......
Trump does, not sure about the others. Or did you mean 'The military has helicopters"?
ogri

Post by ogri »

ZRX61 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:16 pm
Trump did, not sure about the others. Or did you mean 'The military has helicopters"?
Fixed :)
Ignorance is bliss
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Thread locked, ask me again in the morning
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

??
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Pirahna wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:57 am??
Doesn't matter, it's been and gone now.

viewtopic.php?f=11&p=48015#p48015
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

MingtheMerciless wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:15 pm FBI Bod on Radio 4 today said that they have a a whole dept setup for internal terrorism and they think attacks are highly likely after Biden takes office. Apparently they have no specific law for dealing with home grown terrorists!
They can dress it up whichever way they like, these are secret police they are talking about. State controlled policing. If you disagree with the party line, you are de-facto an enemy of the state. In a democratic society, the law and policing are disconnected from the state deliberately, it is a fundamental tenet of democracy.

There are plenty of examples of where the state employs a secret police force or Stasi. None of them are places you'd want to live. China, Russia, North Korea, places like that. This is one of the reasons the conservative right wing are so annoyed about what the left are doing with the aid of big tech. Anyone with even the merest grasp of political history saw this coming. We have seen it before.

Every single trick the left has pulled and are about to implement has been used before to prop up a single party state. They sincerely believe they know best and therefore, you have to do as they say for your own benefit.

I flagged this some time ago because in the developed world, this will most likely lead to a civil war. Too many people fundamentally disagree with Marxism/communism and because at least (!) half the country voted against it. Those are REAL people who disagree and not an anonymous ballot of invisible postal voters.

These are not mere peasants to be toyed with by the ruling class. No matter how hard the state/big tech gang up to defund, deplatform or censor the right wing, the USA is too big to fall.

Meanwhile, the democrats have had to side with so many lunatic left wing extremists that in-party fighting will be the order of the day. Biden is a feeble minded weak old man; a hollow man. He will not be able to control his own party or the elements within it. There are also clear indications his family are deeply involved financially with the CCP. That in itself is an extraordinarily dangerous situation with the rise of China but coupled with in-party fighting will lead to chaos.
MingtheMerciless

DEADPOOL wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:46 pm
MingtheMerciless wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:15 pm FBI Bod on Radio 4 today said that they have a a whole dept setup for internal terrorism and they think attacks are highly likely after Biden takes office. Apparently they have no specific law for dealing with home grown terrorists!
They can dress it up whichever way they like, these are secret police they are talking about. State controlled policing. If you disagree with the party line, you are de-facto an enemy of the state. In a democratic society, the law and policing are disconnected from the state deliberately, it is a fundamental tenet of democracy.

There are plenty of examples of where the state employs a secret police force or Stasi. None of them are places you'd want to live. China, Russia, North Korea, places like that.
Looks at own username and asks "there is a problem with a Secret Police?" 😂😂😂
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

DEADPOOL wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:46 pm

There are plenty of examples of where the state employs a secret police force or Stasi. None of them are places you'd want to live. China, Russia, North Korea, places like that. This is one of the reasons the conservative right wing are so annoyed about what the left are doing with the aid of big tech. Anyone with even the merest grasp of political history saw this coming. We have seen it before.

Every single trick the left has pulled and are about to implement has been used before to prop up a single party state. They sincerely believe they know best and therefore, you have to do as they say for your own benefit.

I flagged this some time ago because in the developed world, this will most likely lead to a civil war. Too many people fundamentally disagree with Marxism/communism and because at least (!) half the country voted against it. Those are REAL people who disagree and not an anonymous ballot of invisible postal voters.

These are not mere peasants to be toyed with by the ruling class. No matter how hard the state/big tech gang up to defund, deplatform or censor the right wing, the USA is too big to fall.

Meanwhile, the democrats have had to side with so many lunatic left wing extremists that in-party fighting will be the order of the day. Biden is a feeble minded weak old man; a hollow man. He will not be able to control his own party or the elements within it. There are also clear indications his family are deeply involved financially with the CCP. That in itself is an extraordinarily dangerous situation with the rise of China but coupled with in-party fighting will lead to chaos.
Vetting for sensitive government jobs is not uncommon, I've been subjected to it myself.
MingtheMerciless

Mussels wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:48 pm
Vetting for sensitive government jobs is not uncommon, I've been subjected to it myself.
Currently going through the process myself, but unions have kick-off as the right of appeals process is worse than useless and they snuck it into our JD without telling anyone! Also the form is utter shite and very badly laid out and written.
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

ogri wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:25 pm
ZRX61 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:16 pm
Trump did, not sure about the others. Or did you mean 'The military has helicopters"?
Fixed :)
Haven't seen any reports of him selling his helicopter?

Returning to the original question:
The anti-Trump riots in Portland are now anti-Biden riots.