Is there any one thing that reminds you of something lovely in your childhood?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
MrLongbeard

Re: Is there any one thing that reminds you of something lovely in your childhood?

Post by MrLongbeard »

Making dens, carrying knives, taping a nail to a bamboo cane and going frog hunting, fields as far as the eye could see, walking down to the M-Way service station
Treadeager

Re: Is there any one thing that reminds you of something lovely in your childhood?

Post by Treadeager »

Remember the cellar door that you were always told not to open..........

" When I was a kid my parents used to tell me, " Treadeager , don't go near the cellar door!" One day when they were away, I went up to the cellar door. And I pushed it and walked through and saw strange, wonderful things, things I had never seen before, like... trees, grass, flowers, the sun... that was nice...

Stolen from Emo Philips :D

My mum was from the mining valleys of South Wales ( It brought great disgrace on the whole family when I was thrown out of the school choir .[ True ])
Even when Beeching shut down most of the railway network , the local puffer still used to run between the colliery and the washery , and there was no greater fun than standing on the ancient rickety wooden bridge and getting covered in thick black sooty smoke !

Strange how evocative the sense of smell is .
Buckaroo

Post by Buckaroo »

Yorick wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:18 am Nostalgia ain't what it used to be :(
Historically speaking maybe. Depends on who's nostalgia. ;)