Pfizer vaccine approved

Current affairs, Politics, News.
Saga Lout

Re: Pfizer vaccine approved

Post by Saga Lout »

Based on your profile, there are between 6,029,525 and 9,926,645 people in front of you in the queue for a COVID vaccine across the UK.
📅 Given a vaccination rate of 1,000,000 a week and an uptake of 70.6%, you should expect to receive your vaccine between 29/01/2021 and 25/02/2021.
Not that I'm bothered . A few more months isn't going to make a lot of difference.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Roomie was offered the vaccine yesterday. She's a nurse. To get it, she has to make an appointment some time in January at a different hospital 60 miles away. She told them not to bother.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

I'm not getting mine til June FFS.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Our Glorious Dictator Nero Newsolini today issued his plans for who gets the vaccine. Fucker based it on skin color. If you're white, you get it last. Apparently the reason for this is that he considers blacks & hispanics too fucking stupid to follow health/lockdown *suggestions*
Trinity765

Post by Trinity765 »

📅 Given a vaccination rate of 1,000,000 a week and an uptake of 70.6%, you should expect to receive your vaccine between 04/06/2021 and 27/06/2021.
Looks like I'm one of the chosen few needed to start the zombie resilience program. I've never killed a zombie before. I've no idea what weapons I'm going to need and the army surplus store is currently closed due to covid. I've never even watched Shaun of The Dead.
Lockdown refugee
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

Well, Mrs W has been done. I’ll report on additional heads and limbs etc as the weeks go on.
Horse

Post by Horse »

Fily just had a message from a colleague. Her brother has just had a third positive test. I guess they wanted to be sure as he'd already had it back in March. He's a consultant in one of the big central London hospitals. Her mother is waiting for test results as she's showing symptoms - not great as her father is recovering from several emergency heart operations. And, as icing on the Christmas cake, one of her friends (from socially distanced dog walking) has tested positive and is now struggling to breathe.

And we (her & parents too) are out in sleepy, not badly affected, West Berkshire.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

I attempted to clean the back of my own eyeballs in the name of Covid testing today.

I probably wouldn't have bothered, I've only got a mild fever, cough and aches, but Mrs D was collared by the app on the same day so I thought I probably should. She went out for and extended period for the the first time in weeks, as soon as she did she got a self isolate flag from the app! :D

Fortunately booking the test was a piece of piss and it was 5 mins from my house. Only saw one other "patient" the whole time I was there.
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

wheelnut wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:07 am Well, Mrs W has been done. I’ll report on additional heads and limbs etc as the weeks go on.
Sore arm and a headache for about 36 hours or so but after that she was fine. Well, fine as ever. :)
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Trinity765 wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:27 am
📅 Given a vaccination rate of 1,000,000 a week and an uptake of 70.6%, you should expect to receive your vaccine between 04/06/2021 and 27/06/2021.
Looks like I'm one of the chosen few needed to start the zombie resilience program. I've never killed a zombie before. I've no idea what weapons I'm going to need and the army surplus store is currently closed due to covid. I've never even watched Shaun of The Dead.
Crossbow. Preferably with a mix of normal and broad-head bolts. Double headed axe for close quarter stuff.
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

wheelnut wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:52 pm
wheelnut wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:07 am Well, Mrs W has been done. I’ll report on additional heads and limbs etc as the weeks go on.
Sore arm and a headache for about 36 hours or so but after that she was fine. Well, fine as ever. :)
Yeah, it won’t cause mutation until Bill Gates and the US switch on the HARRP antenna, activating the nearest 5G mast....
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

She had the second dose last Sunday. Side effects were probably a little worse than for the first one. Headache and a fever but all gone by tuesday.

(and for some reason she always gets great 5G reception now. :silent: )
Last edited by wheelnut on Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

wheelnut wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:43 am
She had the second dose last Sunday. Side effects were probably a little worse than for the first one. Headache and a fever but all gone by tuesday.
Tried using the TV remote near her? :think:
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

Wreckless Rat wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:44 am
Tried using the TV remote near her? :think:
Ha - see my edit.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

A month after the vaccines showed up in Califailure they have managed to vaccinate fewer than 2.5% of the population.
Skub

Post by Skub »

ZRX61 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:21 pm A month after the vaccines showed up in Califailure they have managed to vaccinate fewer than 2.5% of the population.
I'd have though the promise of needles and syringes would have folk queuing for miles in C/F. :lol:
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

ZRX61 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:21 pm A month after the vaccines showed up in Califailure they have managed to vaccinate fewer than 2.5% of the population.
Don’t worry. Biden will be in charge soon - he’ll get it up and running tout suit.
Horse

Post by Horse »

wheelnut wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:08 pm
Don’t worry. Biden will be in charge soon - he’ll get it up and running tout suit.
Or count fake jabs if given after a certain date?
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

📅 Given a vaccination rate of 1,000,000 a week and an uptake of 70.6%, you should expect to receive your first dose of vaccine between 11/02/2021 and 10/03/2021.

I'm nearly dead. :cry:
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

millemille wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:53 pm
Gedge wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:35 pm
millemille wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:11 pm

You need 2 injections to immunise a person, spaced 3 weeks apart, so after the initial 3 weeks of injecting for no net result the productivity of the system (injections administered vs. immunisation achieved) is 0.5.

200,000 injections a day gives you 100,000 immunised people per day. 1 million is 10 days and we need, it appears, somewhere between 60 and 75% of the population immunised to achieve herd immunity. Worst case this means 50 million people need to be immune, but the vaccines appear to have 90% - or thereabouts - efficacy so you need to immunise 55 million or thereabouts to be sure. 550 days of non-stop vaccination at 200,000 injections per day on average to achieve this.

While the test centres do have a high throughput of tests bare in mind they are doing very little other than acting as hand out/collection points for the tests - which are largely self administered - and paperwork and that the test centres do not process the samples. The processing of the samples is done in industrial laboratories and is highly automated and done in large batches, not something you can do when administering injections.

We can't be in a situation where immunisation comes at the expense of all else, in terms of health service provision. We're already in the position where COVID has impacted upon the NHS's ability to do its day job and lives have/will be lost - to what extent is unclear - as a result. So can the existing infrastructure be asked to accommodate such a massive undertaking or does new need to be created?

The problem I foresee, although I may well be wrong, is that vaccination is going to rely on several different "brands" of vaccine and everyone will have to be given the correct pair of injections and, from the limited exposure I've had to NHS IT and record integrity/stability through my wife's past jobs as a hospice nurse, I don't think the existing NHS medical record system is up to administering 152 million new records/entries in a way that absolutely 100% guarantees everyone gets the correct injection at the correct time. So I can't see every GP surgery being capable of administering vaccinations because the record keeping/access won't allow it. The vaccination process will rely on a different IT system I would presume.

But of course I could be talking out of my hoop and the government has got it all planned and under control and it'll be a cinch....
I think you under estimate the number of vaccines that will be administered daily ...my numbers are theoretically conservative and come in at 1.5 million a day ... with the likely take up of around 70% we would need to do 45 million people ...that’s around 60 days .. as Wheelnut says the issue will be quantity of vaccine rather than ability to issue it ... as the key target seems to be key workers, the vulnerable and the over 50s I think it perfectly possible to get them done by Easter if the doses are manufactured at the same pace. ?

Record keeping could be as simple as marking the vaccine card with the correct vaccine type and scribbling the date if the next appointment ...it doesn’t need to be rocket science although I expect some one will spring for an all singing database that will cost millions and be ready the day after the virus has been eliminated ..
I hope you're right, but I'd be willing to have a bet (£10 to a charity of choice?) that they don't ever get above 200,000 injections administered per day...
Latest figure 324,000 vaccinations in one day ..I know I don’t accept bets, but feel free to make a donation anyway ..