Have Derbyshire police lost the plot?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
derek badger

Re: Have Derbyshire police lost the plot?

Post by derek badger »

DEADPOOL wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:18 pm
Wreckless Rat wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:34 pm LOL - it wasn't made in a lab, it was found in bats in Yunnan caves, horseshoe bats to be precise. It most likely did leak from a lab... I am always amazed people are so willing to believe, with zero evidence, the pangolin story, when the real culprit stares them in the face. The shoddy bio-lab slap bang in the centre of the outbreak, which was testing and playing with the very virus that got into the human population, in the same town.

What are the odds of that... pmsl.

I'm sure some would believe the CCP if they said they have brought back Elvis DNA from the moon. :mrgreen:
I am aware the SARS-CoV-2 virus shows no evidence of being manufactured in a lab. I have been banging that drum since the start of last year. LOLz all you like but that merely displays your ignorance about how previous respiratory viruses have been transferred to humans. SARS from civets and MIRS from camels.

There actually is plenty of evidence that the SARS-CoV-2 virus may have been transferred from an intermediary host and specifically a pangolin. Pangolin is also the worlds most highly trafficked mammal, highly prized and immensely valuable.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591- ... c1LBx8-N24

"Malayan pangolins (Manis javanica) illegally imported into Guangdong province contain coronaviruses similar to SARS-CoV-221. Although the RaTG13 bat virus remains the closest to SARS-CoV-2 across the genome1, some pangolin coronaviruses exhibit strong similarity to SARS-CoV-2 in the RBD, including all six key RBD residues21 (Fig. 1). This clearly shows that the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein optimized for binding to human-like ACE2 is the result of natural selection."

If you're going to pmsl, just be careful not to infect anyone else.

As for the source, so far as I am aware the following is a reliable source for identifying the region of origin. And it nails it firmly down to people visiting the Wuhan market.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 3620301835

For any other mindless parrots, there are two "virus labs" people often confuse to support their narrative. One is the Wuhan Institute of Virology, in Hubei, miles from the Wuhan South China Seafood market and on the other side of the Yangtze. The other "lab" is is the Wuhan Centre for Disease Control and Prevention. That's the one a couple of hundred metres from the market where the outbreak appears to have originated.

The CDC is the one you refer to as "The shoddy bio-lab slap bang in the centre of the outbreak, which was testing and playing with the very virus that got into the human population, in the same town." A common and oft repeated mistake people often make when trying to promote their narrative. If you can be bothered to even look, you will not find anything shoddy to it.

Finally: https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-020-78703-6

"Therefore, the pangolin is considered a potential intermediate host of SARS-CoV-211,12,13. It has been proposed that the receptor-binding domain (RBD) of the S protein in SARS-CoV-2 might be resulted from recombination between a virus similar or related to Bat-CoV-RaTG13 and a virus similar or related to Pangolin-CoV-201911,12,14,15."

I submit my evidence and sources from which I deduce my own favoured opinion. Other opinions are available but for those who want to laugh and piss themselves I shall require more compelling evidence other than being taunted by a gibbering baboon with damp trousers.
So, have Derbyshire police lost the plot?
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

You can keep believing the Chinese bullshit, it doesn't bother me at all.

Wonder why China are refusing access to the coronavirus research, and have removed all the studies.

Yeah its "miles away" :silent:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Wuh ... 14.3508524
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

derek badger wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:41 pm So, have Derbyshire police lost the plot?
The common misconception is in the severity and dangerousness of this novel virus. We literally have no idea what it might do. Will it become endemic but as mild as a common 'flu? Will it mutate into a more deadly strain? Will we ever find a cure? can the effects of "long covid" be eliminated? Will we discover a "perfect" vaccine and eradicate it? Will an "imperfect" vaccine prevent large numbers of people dying?

Until we know the answers to these questions I don't think anything a government does to help prevent this thing spreading is too much. So no, the police are doing exactly as they ought to. They are policing specific areas where people are breaking the law in trying to circumvent the only strategy we have adopted to mitigate the effects of a pandemic.

It is not just those who are suffering from the effects of covid, it is the effect large numbers has on the efficacy of the NHS. Of all those people wandering about as if this "lockdown" does not apply, how many of them risk becoming hospital fodder for all manner of other types of accident. I mean it's not as if they are going to be the sharpest tool in the box to start off with.

So you can either sit around at home twiddling your thumbs until que sera sera or you can ignore the warning, pretend it doesn't affect you and risk drowning in your own lung juice.
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

Wreckless Rat wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:41 pm

"Yeah" it is.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/Wuhan ... 391912!3e0

13.5 km or 8.4 "miles" on the other side of the Yangtze. What did I say?

Err. You do know how to use a map right? :lol:
JamJar

Post by JamJar »

Does it really matter all that much how it happened? Will it change the outcome? Will anything realistically be done to China if it did lie about it?
irie

Post by irie »

DEADPOOL wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:58 pm
derek badger wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:41 pm So, have Derbyshire police lost the plot?
The common misconception is in the severity and dangerousness of this novel virus. We literally have no idea what it might do. Will it become endemic but as mild as a common 'flu? Will it mutate into a more deadly strain? Will we ever find a cure? can the effects of "long covid" be eliminated? Will we discover a "perfect" vaccine and eradicate it? Will an "imperfect" vaccine prevent large numbers of people dying?

Until we know the answers to these questions I don't think anything a government does to help prevent this thing spreading is too much. So no, the police are doing exactly as they ought to. They are policing specific areas where people are breaking the law in trying to circumvent the only strategy we have adopted to mitigate the effects of a pandemic.

It is not just those who are suffering from the effects of covid, it is the effect large numbers has on the efficacy of the NHS. Of all those people wandering about as if this "lockdown" does not apply, how many of them risk becoming hospital fodder for all manner of other types of accident. I mean it's not as if they are going to be the sharpest tool in the box to start off with.

So you can either sit around at home twiddling your thumbs until que sera sera or you can ignore the warning, pretend it doesn't affect you and risk drowning in your own lung juice.
Would you please be kind enough to précis the above ramblings into a short succinct statement, free of malapropisms, that mere mortals such as myself will understand?

Thanks in advance. :)
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

JamJar wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:51 pm Does it really matter all that much how it happened? Will it change the outcome? Will anything realistically be done to China if it did lie about it?
Yes of course. We need to stop it happening again.

Will it change the outcome? Depends on the CCP (I'm leaning towards a no here).

Will anything be done to China? No. They are profiting hugely from this catastrophe. The EU aren't helping matters either and as a double whammy, the Biden mafia will also be lining their pockets with Yen.
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

irie wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:00 pm Would you please be kind enough to précis the above ramblings into a short succinct statement, free of malapropisms, that mere mortals such as myself will understand?

Yes It's all here: www.google.com
bevvo

Post by bevvo »

So its been confirmed that, yes, Derbyshire police had lost the plot and the fines have been withdrawn after a review...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-d ... e-55625062
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

DEADPOOL wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:10 pm
Wreckless Rat wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:41 pm

"Yeah" it is.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/Wuhan ... 391912!3e0

13.5 km or 8.4 "miles" on the other side of the Yangtze. What did I say?

Err. You do know how to use a map right? :lol:
Nice back pedal - from trying to make out like it was sooooooo far away it couldn’t reasonably be considered. T “yeah it’s 8 miles away” 😂😂😂

Anyway - fill your boots, until evidence shows otherwise, I know what my bet is on. And it ain’t no “invisible pangolin”. 😂
irie

Post by irie »

DEADPOOL wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:02 pm
irie wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:00 pm Would you please be kind enough to précis the above ramblings into a short succinct statement, free of malapropisms, that mere mortals such as myself will understand?

Yes It's all here: www.google.com
Have a go at the second link from the search, which is this ...

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-017-07766-9
Bat cave solves mystery of deadly SARS virus — and suggests new outbreak could occur.

Chinese scientists find all the genetic building blocks of SARS in a single population of horseshoe bats.
To clinch the case, a team led by Shi Zheng-Li and Cui Jie of the Wuhan Institute of Virology in China sampled thousands of horseshoe bats in locations across the country3. “The most challenging work is to locate the caves, which usually are in remote areas,” says Cui. After finding a particular cave in Yunnan, southwestern China, in which the strains of coronavirus looked similar to human versions4,5, the researchers spent five years monitoring the bats that lived there, collecting fresh guano and taking anal swabs1
... and there are references at the end of the paper.
References
1. Hu, B. et al. PLoS Pathog. 13, e1006698 (2017).

ArticleGoogle Scholar
2. Li, W. et al. Science 310, 676–679 (2005).

PubMedArticleCASGoogle Scholar
3. Cui, J. et al. Emerg. Infect. Dis. 13, 1526–1532 (2007).

4. Ge, X. Y. et al. Nature 503, 535-538 (2013).

5. Yang, X.-L. et al. J. Virol. 90, 3253-3256 (2016).

ArticleCASGoogle Scholar
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

Wreckless Rat wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:15 pm Nice back pedal - from trying to make out like it was sooooooo far away it couldn’t reasonably be considered. T “yeah it’s 8 miles away” 😂😂😂

Anyway - fill your boots, until evidence shows otherwise, I know what my bet is on. And it ain’t no “invisible pangolin”. 😂
You really don't understand do you? Read that dissertation and you will see where I have linked to a document explaining the first 30-40 covid-19 patient all having one single point of origin. The Wuhan wet market.

You seem to want the event to start from the Wuhan CDC because that suits your narrative and hey "it's a bio lab". You also state it is "shoddy" (no evidence for that!), they were playing with that specific virus (no evidence) and "slap bang in the middle" when it is miles away from the source.

Now absence of evidence is not evidence of absence and I certainly do not believe anything that comes out of the CCP propaganda machine so I tend to follow whatever evidence I deem to be valid. I have linked to a number of western sources which have validated the factual data far better than I could so I tend to accept their conclusions rather than simply make something up that sounds plausible.

There is no evidence it originated from any virus research lab and plenty of evidence it originated at the market, not miles away from there, the other side of the Yangtze or anywhere else within your arbitrary 8 mile radius.

And yes, it can be narrowed down to a small area because that is where they all came from.

I am sure you can come up with some reason why it must have been the CDC. Looking for a reason with some evidence and not just because you want it to be true.
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

irie wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:08 pm Have a go at the second link from the search, which is this ...
Glad to see you are looking through the link I sent you and yes I have read it including that part you refer to.

What do you mean have a go? SARS-CoV-2 is derived from bats. That is not news to anyone.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Yorick wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:23 pm FFS. No bugger knows for sure where it came from, so stop the Ming Mong Ping Pong. It just drags the whole place down.
I thought it was a reasonable debate from both sides.

No idea which of the 2 is true though.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

weeksy wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:26 pm No idea which of the 2 is true though.
Neither have they!

I can see compelling cases from both sides TBF.
irie

Post by irie »

DEADPOOL wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:24 pm
irie wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:08 pm Have a go at the second link from the search, which is this ...
Glad to see you are looking through the link I sent you and yes I have read it including that part you refer to.

What do you mean have a go? SARS-CoV-2 is derived from bats. That is not news to anyone.
You did not send me a link to anything other than "www.google.com" :lol:
irie

Post by irie »

DEADPOOL wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:24 pm

Bat cave solves mystery of deadly SARS virus — and suggests new outbreak could occur.

Chinese scientists find all the genetic building blocks of SARS in a single population of horseshoe bats.
To clinch the case, a team led by Shi Zheng-Li and Cui Jie of the Wuhan Institute of Virology in China sampled thousands of horseshoe bats in locations across the country3. “The most challenging work is to locate the caves, which usually are in remote areas,” says Cui. After finding a particular cave in Yunnan, southwestern China, in which the strains of coronavirus looked similar to human versions4,5, the researchers spent five years monitoring the bats that lived there, collecting fresh guano and taking anal swabs1
:lol:
Last edited by irie on Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

irie wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:33 pm You did not send me a link to anything other than "www.google.com" :lol:
You mean you have the memory of a goldfish? Err, ok. Well in that case having any sort of rational debate is impossible.

Maybe it was sheer coincidence you quoted the exact same paper from my earlier post. Is that what you are claiming?
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

Lol - as I said, fill your boots. There is zero evidence it came from the market. None, not one single strand.

There was every strand of rna in the bats the the cave, it’s just as possible that the rna mixed in the bat, which there is tangible evidence, there is no pangolin found. The pangolin story neatly lets the CCP off the hook. “Natural accident” it just happened to be 8miles away from the lab playing with the exact same viruses.

Coincidence, yeah of course. 😂

But it suits you to remain blinkered to this, and the fact the CCP refused to let WHO anywhere near the market or Wuhan for some considerable time. As I said, fill your boots, I don’t need to play petty insults about being able to read. Your alias is tedious tbh.

👌
Last edited by Wreckless Rat on Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

irie wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:36 pm

:lol:
DEADPOOL wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:24 pm SARS-CoV-2 is derived from bats. That is not news to anyone.
I mean what the actual fuck are you on!!

FFS you're just obfuscating this extremely serious issue to, to what? You're just driving this around in circles.