Darwin awards thread

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
derek badger

Darwin awards thread

Post by derek badger »

I couldn't find one when I searched, so I'm starting one.

Very topical this one, but let's concentrate on the stupidity rather than the political aspect of this news item...

Here's a photo of Kevin Greeson - the 55-year-old man from Athens, Alabama who died of a "medical emergency" during the unrest in Washington D.C. yesterday. It was posted on Parler last month with the caption "I wish these motherfuckers would come to my hood!"

Apparently he died after accidentally tasering himself in the testicles and suffering a heart attack.
cheb

Re: Darwin awards thread

Post by cheb »

I'm undecided on why whatever twattish, squalid, moronic or corrupt scenario you can invent it's probably happened in America. Either there's so many people that it's inevitable, like monkeys typing Shakespeare, or if Americans are just stupid or venal.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

I'd never heard of Parler, had to google it.

the world's town square
Speak freely and express yourself openly, without fear of being “deplatformed” for your views. Engage with real people, not bots. Parler is people and privacy-focused, and gives you the tools you need to curate your Parler experience.

I get the argumentative old giffers on here could have some right fun!
moth

Post by moth »

Apparently another moron killed themself by falling off a wall they were attempting to climb in order to get through a window. There were stairs near the wall...
Proud Tory scum since 1974.
Horse

Post by Horse »

cheb wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:40 pm I'm undecided on why whatever twattish, squalid, moronic or corrupt scenario you can invent it's probably happened in America.
20210108_181629.jpg
20210108_181629.jpg (33.75 KiB) Viewed 1243 times
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
derek badger

Post by derek badger »

KungFooBob wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:47 pm I'd never heard of Parler, had to google it.

the world's town square
Speak freely and express yourself openly, without fear of being “deplatformed” for your views. Engage with real people, not bots. Parler is people and privacy-focused, and gives you the tools you need to curate your Parler experience.

You missed the link to wiki in the post...?
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

derek badger wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:27 pm I couldn't find one when I searched, so I'm starting one.

Very topical this one, but let's concentrate on the stupidity rather than the political aspect of this news item...

Here's a photo of Kevin Greeson - the 55-year-old man from Athens, Alabama who died of a "medical emergency" during the unrest in Washington D.C. yesterday. It was posted on Parler last month with the caption "I wish these motherfuckers would come to my hood!"

Apparently he died after accidentally tasering himself in the testicles and suffering a heart attack.
You gotta feel for the guy really haven't you? All those years he spent having a hard on for Trump, probably watching Red Dawn on loop and counting his ammo in preparation for Civil War 2. Then it all actually kicks off and - Boom! Heart attack at the first hurdle.
Horse

Post by Horse »

derek badger wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:20 pm
KungFooBob wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:47 pm I'd never heard of Parler, had to google it.

the world's town square

You missed the link to wiki in the post...?
Well, there's an option for anyone concerned or vocal about being silenced here (or anywhere else).
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

I really want to join it but I don't want to use an email address (or anything else) that could be connected to me.
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

I got sent the video of the woman in DC getting shot.

Guy other side of barricaded doors pointing automatic pistol... she tried to (what looked like) climb through... bang... she laid down dead

Better not share it though, some snowflakes on here.

Will I get banned by saying he was black, she was white... no worldwide riots today WLDMTM 🤫
Horse

Post by Horse »

Wreckless Rat wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:40 pm Will I get banned by saying he was black, she was white... no worldwide riots today WLDMTM 🤫
Nah, Biden's beaten you to it on that comparison.
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

Horse wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:09 pm
Wreckless Rat wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:40 pm Will I get banned by saying he was black, she was white... no worldwide riots today WLDMTM 🤫
Nothing like alienating the whole police force by accusing them of being racist for not opening fire indiscriminately.
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

Mussels wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:47 pm
Nothing like alienating the whole police force by accusing them of being racist for not opening fire indiscriminately.
Armed cops were there and done nothing - if it had been the other way they would already be worldwide riots
slowsider

Post by slowsider »

Wreckless Rat wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:50 pm
Mussels wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:47 pm

Armed cops were there and done nothing - if it had been the other way they would already be worldwide riots
They shot one and they lost one. Imagine the blowback if BLM had clubbed a cop to death.
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

Only seen the video of the woman getting shot and the cops putting a hand up to the shooter to check he was ok 🤔
slowsider

Post by slowsider »

Wreckless Rat wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:01 pm Only seen the video of the woman getting shot and the cops putting a hand up to the shooter to check he was ok 🤔
Report I read said that his colleagues reported he'd been struck with a fire extinguisher. He collapsed on returning to his office, and died in hospital.
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

Possible indeed - as I have only seen the shooting. Hard to see how the shooter was justified, but then Jon a riot gang and I guess you can get shot, but the shooter wasn’t really in immediate risk
moth

Post by moth »

Wreckless Rat wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:35 pm Possible indeed - as I have only seen the shooting. Hard to see how the shooter was justified, but then Jon a riot gang and I guess you can get shot, but the shooter wasn’t really in immediate risk
Treason and sedition are capital crimes in the Land of the Free. The cop just bypassed the judicial process.
Proud Tory scum since 1974.
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

The cop stood next to the woman shot, with the rioters, the shooter was the other side of a barricaded set of doors...

After the shooting - the armed cop puts his hand up to the shooter and appears to be seeing if the shooter, ‘safe’ behind the doors is ok, while the woman layed on the floor dying.

Have you seen it?
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

He's probably checking if the shooter looks like he's going to shoot again.