Zwift, riding and racing.... update thread, info thread, motivational thread.

MTB, Road, Cyclocross, Running, walking, Rowing, Weights / Cardio, Diet, training plans
weeksy
Site Admin

Re: Zwift, riding and racing.... update thread, info thread, motivational thread.

Post by weeksy »

joe19 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:24 pm
Lol funny seeing someone of his ability getting his arse handed to him by random Zwifters
joe19

Re: Zwift, riding and racing.... update thread, info thread, motivational thread.

Post by joe19 »

Yeah - fair play to him putting it out there!

I think altitude is probably robbing him of 50w.
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

He forgot the book of excuses page 257

"Everyone who beat me must be a pro racer stuck in lockdown using fake names " :thumbup:
Docca

Post by Docca »

So zwift or Peleton?

Does anyone sell the complete setup? Bike and other bobbins needed? I have laptops :D

Converting one of the sheds into exercise space this week and want one of these setup down there

All help appreciated
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Docca wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:41 am So zwift or Peleton?

Does anyone sell the complete setup? Bike and other bobbins needed? I have laptops :D

Converting one of the sheds into exercise space this week and want one of these setup down there

All help appreciated
We've got Peloton. I originally wanted a Zwift set up but now very happy with Peloton, find that having the instructor on the screen in front of you works wonders.
Not cheap but I find myself using it most days and throughly enjoying it....
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

All help appreciated
I'm a zwift fan but peloton is more an All in One type solution.

https://uk.wahoofitness.com/devices/sma ... r-bike/buy

Covers the bases but not sure it's £3000
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

weeksy wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:45 pm

All help appreciated

Makes our Peloton bike look pretty cheap at just over £2k....
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

v8-powered wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:02 pm
weeksy wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:45 pm

All help appreciated

Makes our Peloton bike look pretty cheap at just over £2k....
You can do the Swift thing easily for £200 if you have a bike. But really you want a £600-900 turbo. Then it depends upon what bikes you own etc really or can be another £500 easy or £5000
crust

Post by crust »

My 2p

Trainer - https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/wah ... 4294017393

Ant plus dongle - £30
Heart rate strap - £60

Bike - £200

Weeksy and crust beers to set it up and initial [s] ridicule [/s] encouragement session

Under a grand all in.

Then you can join us a rides and bants. I was initially skeptical but am hooked now, can quite easily lose an hour on it, it's great as a stress reliever, quick and easy to jump, then spend some time making your little avator blokey suffer.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Kicked out of C cat and into B.

There goes my run of trophies. Lol
joe19

Post by joe19 »

Did you get the thing above your head?!?

Congrats ... I guess?
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

joe19 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:30 pm Did you get the thing above your head?!?

Congrats ... I guess?
No, that's only in specific verified events, but I was only a smidgen over so would be fine anyway.

I'm happy to race in B if that's where I am. I'm not racing much anyway at the moment but will maybe push me on.
joe19

Post by joe19 »

Oh. What moved you up then? ZP?

Or just decided to move up?
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

joe19 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:53 pm Oh. What moved you up then? ZP?

Or just decided to move up?
95% of 20min 287watts / 3.27wkg
95% of 20min 284watts / 3.22wkg
95% of 20min 283watts / 3.16wkg
Average 285watts / 3.21wkg
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Zwift now have updated their 'social' rides, so me and a bunch from the cycling forum have been doing chatty group rides in the last few weeks since lockdown.

We're getting 20-25 riders most events, it starts off nicely for the first 45 mins then ramps up for the last 15 mins of chaos !!!

Great fun and a good way to 'virtually' catch up with people.
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

In the real world, i am still riding a 24 km circuit off road around my house. I pick times when i know it will be deserted - at most I see 6 or so other people.
Ironically, those that can seem to social distance are other mountain bikers ( :wtf: )
Over the last few years my strength has noticeably go down - and as one proviso for going out is not to ride stupidly and end up in hospital - I am now trying to attach climes and ride in bigger and bigger gears to push leg strength/ stamina and belief that i can do it. And it seems to work well ...
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Mr Moofo wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:48 am In the real world, i am still riding a 24 km circuit off road around my house. I pick times when i know it will be deserted - at most I see 6 or so other people.
Ironically, those that can seem to social distance are other mountain bikers ( :wtf: )
Over the last few years my strength has noticeably go down - and as one proviso for going out is not to ride stupidly and end up in hospital - I am now trying to attach climes and ride in bigger and bigger gears to push leg strength/ stamina and belief that i can do it. And it seems to work well ...
I'm doing plenty of outdoor stuff too, i alternate between the 2... 1 inside, 1 outside.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Need to suck it up i think and get some Zwift racing in again, back in B now so impossible to do anything of note, apart from try my best that is.

Been sharing about 50% indoor and outdoor lately, but it's pretty damn windy today so indoor is seeming favourite... Just a question of picking arace and having my arse handed to me LOL.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Well it wasn't terrible... https://www.zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=753858

29/42. But could be argued it should have been more.... Last time out i went too deep too hard, too early in B. So today i picked a max and stuck to it really.... but it dropped me arguably a group behind the one i ought to have been in. But it's all a learning curve jumping up a Cat, so i sat where i thought would be 'right' but was possibly a bit too easy and safe.
That said, i'm not sure the legs had flat out in them today anyway, so i went with what i had and that's where i ended up :)

Decent race and arugably better than my last one in B as i was in the mix (for 6,000,000th place) for the whole race, whereas last time was 'flat out, die, hang on, flat out, die, try not to drop to the next group,' and repeat 3 times as i ploughed my way back through the bunch. Today i finished higher than i was after lap1.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

ARGGGGHHHHHH jumped on a VERY short 1 lap volcano circuit. Trying on some days to work on my explosive power. Went off with the Bs and was in the lead group up the first kick to volcano tunnel, down into volcano i was surprised we went left, ooops, that's the clockwise, interesting, OK.... So over the start line for lap proper i'm sitting in a bunch of 25, happy. Down from the line and up the snakey bit and holding my own in 10th place or so up there, then the next little incline and i've dropped back a bit, but OK, next thing the guy ahead of me loses the wheel !!!! suddenly we're 3s off the back of a group that's now hitting 5.5w/kg off the front and blew us out !!!!

I think i got 15th B on the road but the group i was in was 1-15 place... I'm not sure i'd have beaten any/many in the race to the line but i'm gutted i wasn't there to find out the answer as i had it...

only a 10 mins race but 332w average was OK and TBH i had that and more if needed right up until that wheel went !!! ARRRGGGGHHHHH