THIS SCARY TZ750 FLAT TRACK RACER IS ALSO STREET LEGAL

Anything you like about motorbikes
Taipan

Re: THIS SCARY TZ750 FLAT TRACK RACER IS ALSO STREET LEGAL

Post by Taipan »

Pretty sure that's the one I've seen videos of? He has to bump start it lol. Aces mind...
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

Yorick wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:34 pm A TZ750 turned up at Donny about 10 years ago. We all marvelled at the sound.

I followed it for a giggle and it wasn't as fast as I remember :(
You would struggle to follow King Kenny on one.

There's a difference between taking your £50k pride and joy on a trackday and wringing its neck racing it.
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

demographic wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:20 pm Oh bugger, I missed that post above by Deadpool.
Soz.
I remember the first time I saw it. Made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

DEADPOOL wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:58 pm
Yorick wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:34 pm A TZ750 turned up at Donny about 10 years ago. We all marvelled at the sound.

You would struggle to follow King Kenny on one.

There's a difference between taking your £50k pride and joy on a trackday and wringing its neck racing it.
Later the guy told me it was flat out on the straight. Unless you know better?
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

Yorick wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:06 pm Later the guy told me it was flat out on the straight. Unless you know better?
Last time I met him, he told me you were full of shit.

To be fair, that was just a general observation and not on this specific point.
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

I think a standard TZ750 is going to be 130bhp maximum, and the power delivery isn't going to be particularly nice either as they don't have power valves and run huge carbs, the torque will be pretty impressive though, as max power will be at about 9000rpm.

By the late 70s, RG500s were faster than TZ750s.
Honda Owner
Potter

Post by Potter »

Kenny is in the top few half a percent of riders on the planet that are that good.
Put me on the same bike and I'll make it look slow.

I like the bike in the opening post, I don't know how practical it is, but I like it.
The only things I can fault are the anodised stuff and the end cans that seem too modern for the style of bike.
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

It's really all about the noise. Like riding along on a raft of chainsaws only more dangerous.
rodbargee

Post by rodbargee »

Gibber
Whysub

Post by Whysub »

Tricky wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:33 pm
That's beyond impressive for me- to just jump on and go like that on that bike, Kenny is, without doubt, Da Man 8-) 8-)

I did a speedway try-out day back in 2009 up in Scunny with a few old VD/TRC-ers
Without a doubt the hardest thing I've ever attempted on a bike- I've been on bikes sine I was tiny, done a bit of racing , MX and and been riding off-road for yonks , and I thought I'd be flying around like a pro by the end of the day but I wasn't- I like to think that I was less shit than some, but no doubt about it, I was still shit :D
And that was on a little 10-15hp thing that none of us had the skill to hold wide open right through the corners without ending in a heap- something like that TZ must be fucking immense.

Massive respect!
I organised the day to Scunny for VD after doing a few for work teambuilding days. It is absolutely exhausting, and despite telling people this in advance, everyone thought riding a 120cc or the 180cc engined bikes around a 90 metre track would be a piece of piss.

Watching the instructor Wayne Carter ride the whole circuit sideways, whilst smoking a roll up only added to this thought. As did seeing an 11 year old girl putting her bike sideways into the corners. The whole concept goes against your riding instincts, and the riding position stretches just the muscles you have never stretched before! Slow speed highsides were the order of the day too.

Its about time another session was organised-great fun for all, especially those that have never been on a motorbike before (no preconceptions) and puts some money back into the club.
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

Yep, thanks, was a good day and agree with all that- I honestly struggled pushing the clutch pedal down in my car on the drive home, my left inner thigh muscle was some painful and week

Here's a couple of pics from that day, one of some of our gang, and the other of said juvenile showing us how it really should be done and putting us all to shame :D