Piss Boiling

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Nobby

Piss Boiling

Post by Nobby »

Trying to bring forward a flight for the youngest “Out of Africa”
The Airline are informing us that the charge for change is free. That’s nice. But to get a seat will cost 997. :oops: :oops:
slowsider

Re: Piss Boiling

Post by slowsider »

How is this not the longest thread already ? :?
moth

Post by moth »

slowsider wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:55 pm How is this not the longest thread already ? :?
We're not all here yet.

Course, some of us aren't all there either :)
Proud Tory scum since 1974.
slowsider

Post by slowsider »

moth wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:04 pm
slowsider wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:55 pm How is this not the longest thread already ? :?
We're not all here yet.

I feel like I have a foot in both camps, which will become increasingly uncomfortable as the two forums drift apart. :(
WelshDragon

Post by WelshDragon »

Posting on both is odd but I don’t want to leave RTC until the end. It’s the first forum I have ever properly joined and then continued to be a part of!

However, I am delighted to be on here too but it feels like you have to write things twice. Ah well it will work it’s way through, just like CV19 will!!
Life’s for living, so let’s get on with it! :P
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

Nobby wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:49 am Trying to bring forward a flight for the youngest “Out of Africa”
The Airline are informing us that the charge for change is free. That’s nice. But to get a seat will cost 997. :oops: :oops:
I think all the airlines are in states of major chaos.
Virgin aren't even talking to customers unless their flight is less than 3 days away.
non quod, sed quomodo
Buckaroo

Post by Buckaroo »

slowsider wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:09 pm
We're not all here yet.

I feel like I have a foot in both camps, which will become increasingly uncomfortable as the two forums drift apart. :(
Me too, I keep checking in on TRC and then realise this is the place to focus on building.
Buckaroo

Post by Buckaroo »

The BBC breakfast show. What a Pita the presenters are. Self satisfied, smug, condescending....... I could go on. They're reading the news for christ sake.
636mick

Post by 636mick »

Panic buying knob heads who seem to now be panic buying stuff with a shelf life of about 3 days!! Why ffs?
I do click + collect at Tesco, just doing an order, can’t get a slot for a week, no milk, soup, bread, meat seems a lot less available than normal, really all the basics aren’t there.
Why can’t people realise that there is no need to panic, us old people need our food more than you youngsters!!!
Mick, (60 yo)
JamJar

Post by JamJar »

636mick wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:55 am Panic buying knob heads who seem to now be panic buying stuff with a shelf life of about 3 days!! Why ffs?
I do click + collect at Tesco, just doing an order, can’t get a slot for a week, no milk, soup, bread, meat seems a lot less available than normal, really all the basics aren’t there.
Why can’t people realise that there is no need to panic, us old people need our food more than you youngsters!!!
Mick, (60 yo)
I just don't get it, I went to Tesco yesterday as I need my normal weekly supplies, almost all the eggs were gone and bottled water and washing up liquid! Who is stupid enough to think the water supply is going to dry up or that dish washing liquid is worth stockpiling?!?
McNab

Post by McNab »

On my way into work all the supermarkets that open at 8am I pass have queues outside. Sainsburys where I buy my petrol usually has 4 or 5 cars in the car park at that time in the morning, today it looked like a Saturday afternoon.
David

Post by David »

slowsider wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:09 pm
We're not all here yet.

We all know how that ends.....
Nobby

Post by Nobby »

With the imminent return of the Daughter , the good wife went to the Supermarket last night to stock up on vegan stuff
On her return, she says that there was nothing on the shelves. Absolutely nothing.
She was though holding 3 full bags. I ask her how much did she spend. 117 pounds.
Thank f:;@ the shelves were empty.
636mick

Post by 636mick »

Here’s a good one. EDF energy. The girlfriend was at home when there was a knock at the door. She didn’t open it but shouted, who is it, what do you want? Reply came back, EDF energy, TO READ THE METER!!!!!!
Has no one told them we are in the middle of a crisis?? So the bloke will happily wander around, in and out of homes, spreading feck knows what around to others.
I find it amazing that they have not suspended it, emailed customers to ask for a reading instead.
Just a rant!!
Ta
Mick
WelshDragon

Post by WelshDragon »

636mick wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:10 am Here’s a good one. EDF energy. The girlfriend was at home when there was a knock at the door. She didn’t open it but shouted, who is it, what do you want? Reply came back, EDF energy, TO READ THE METER!!!!!!
Has no one told them we are in the middle of a crisis?? So the bloke will happily wander around, in and out of homes, spreading feck knows what around to others.
I find it amazing that they have not suspended it, emailed customers to ask for a reading instead.
Just a rant!!
Ta
Mick
We’re with a supplier where we read and submit our own figures every month. Works well and means you’re always sure of what you’re getting charged for. Very good customer service too based on my experience of them. Well pleased. :)
Life’s for living, so let’s get on with it! :P
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Bloody losing things. Grrr

As we're marooned for 2 weeks, I thought I could do lots of jobs around the villa. Most require preparation, but I knew I had about 30 orbital sanding disks.

Well, no I haven't. Grrr. Spent 2 hours ripping the place apart. Gone, gone, gone.

Just hoping the neighbour has some and he can chuck 'em over the wall.
Buckaroo

Post by Buckaroo »

Yorick wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:56 pm Bloody losing things. Grrr

As we're marooned for 2 weeks, I thought I could do lots of jobs around the villa. Most require preparation, but I knew I had about 30 orbital sanding disks.

Well, no I haven't. Grrr. Spent 2 hours ripping the place apart. Gone, gone, gone.

They are where you last left them. ;)
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Buckaroo wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:25 pm

No they're farking not :mrgreen:
Buckaroo

Post by Buckaroo »

Yorick wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:30 pm
Buckaroo wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:25 pm

You must have moved them then. :)
Horse

Post by Horse »

Yorick wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:30 pm
Buckaroo wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:25 pm They are where you last left them. ;)
True. If you threw them in the bin, it's probably been emptied by now.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave: