Sunbeam tinkering

Discussions and updates on your new bike, your new build, your wishes, wants and desires
Monstyr

Sunbeam tinkering

Post by Monstyr »

I just fitted a new horn and light switch, a previous owner had fitted replacement ones that clamped to the bar but the original ones were mounted on the back of the lever clamps and has a much cleaner, less cluttered look to the bars
iansoady

Re: Sunbeam tinkering

Post by iansoady »

Looks very tidy. Next job is to shorten the front brake cable......
Ian.
1952 Norton ES2
1955 Francis Barnett Cruiser 75.
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

Both my geriatric parents are unwell at the moment, so I'm staying at their house to look after them, which I have to say is most definitely not my dream occupation, but well, they are my parents...
Anyway, I saw this thread, it jogged my memory so I wandered out to my Dad's tumbledown old shed, and this is some of the contents.

I've known its there for years and I keep saying I'll get it up on the owners club site or eBay etc for my Mum as it's no use to them but haven't got round to it yet.
There are at least 3 gearboxes and final drives, a complete motor, one or two extra cyl heads and some cycle parts and other bits and bobs- not a clue of the internal condition of any of it ( guessing the final drive pinions are likely knacked though, as was a known weak spot, and he pulled a sidecar with his S7), but at least some of it has to be of use to someone.

Monstyr

Post by Monstyr »

I'm sure there will be interest in your dads collection of parts Tricky, some of the small parts are very rare and command quite eye watering prices- the speedo, and idiot light for instance, any electrical part like dynamos and distributers likewise.
I'd express an interest myself but I dont really need much else for mine, unless you have a 'tube' rear light/numberplate mount. :D

I'd like to shorten the cable Ian, though I'd prefer it if the cable actually helped stop the bike more effectively.