Mini compressors

Anything you like about motorbikes
Taipan

Mini compressors

Post by Taipan »

At the old place someone recommended a nice little mini 12v compressor, Anyone got a link to said beast?
Taipan

Re: Mini compressors

Post by Taipan »

For the benefit of the archives; it was the Airman 12v Tour mini compressor I was thinking of.

asmethurst99

Post by asmethurst99 »

Can you run one from a bike battery ?
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

asmethurst99 wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:45 pm Can you run one from a bike battery ?
"The AirMan Adventure Tour Compressor is the perfect tyre inflator for motorcyclists looking for a small and powerful inflation solution. Small enough to be stored under seats or in a bag, the Tour is supplied in a neat canvas carry bag and only weighs around 800 grams.

The Special Edition Adventure Tour comes complete with a variety of power connection options to make it suitable for all bikes and setups. Fitted with SAE connection and supplied with 12v plug, crocodile clips and battery terminal connectors.

Bestselling motorcycle tyre inflator
Compact and Lightweight – Fits under seats and in panniers and rucksacks
Complete with canvas carry bag to tidy storage
SAE, 12v Plug, Crocodile and battery terminal connectors
OEM Quality – High Power 12v Air Compressor".
littleredrooster

Post by littleredrooster »

inewham wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:09 pm Looking at the size of that I bet you could get just a much pressure from a lorry inner tube, put a sheet of ply on top and sit on it
(Not my idea, I've heard of other people doing it years ago)
But the difference is that you can carry an Airman around in your luggage. You may struggle to fit an inflated lorry inner tube and sheet of ply in your top box...and I can vouch that the Airman has got our group out of the doo-doo in the middle of Europe a couple of times. Great little things.

Taipan: I've got one surplus to requirements; it currently has crocodile clips on it (because it draws too much current for a BMW Canbus socket) but think I may have the original plug somewhere. I suspect postage may exceed its value, however, unless you're somewhere near the Midlands.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

littleredrooster wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:35 pm
inewham wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:09 pm Looking at the size of that I bet you could get just a much pressure from a lorry inner tube, put a sheet of ply on top and sit on it
(Not my idea, I've heard of other people doing it years ago)
But the difference is that you can carry an Airman around in your luggage. You may struggle to fit an inflated lorry inner tube and sheet of ply in your top box...and I can vouch that the Airman has got our group out of the doo-doo in the middle of Europe a couple of times. Great little things.

Taipan: I've got one surplus to requirements; it currently has crocodile clips on it (because it draws too much current for a BMW Canbus socket) but think I may have the original plug somewhere. I suspect postage may exceed its value, however, unless you're somewhere near the Midlands.
Why thank you kind Sir, but I am indeed too far away. Its more trying to find ideas for presenst I'd actually like, rather than things my family think i#d like! ;)
littleredrooster

No worries :)

Now I have your attention, could I ask an unrelated question? Having sold the the 1200GS, I'm 'between bikes' & considering an SH300 pro-tem & know you have lots of experience/mileage with them. At what mileage do they need belts/rollers/major maintenance please?

Sorry to derail the thread.

TIA
Wossname

Post by Wossname »

And back on topic: what's the max pressure these can supply? It would be handy if they'd give me 66psi for the campervan.
littleredrooster

Rated at 250psi IIRC, but will take a while to get up to 66 with a couple of pauses for breath!
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

littleredrooster wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:12 pm No worries :)

Now I have your attention, could I ask an unrelated question? Having sold the the 1200GS, I'm 'between bikes' & considering an SH300 pro-tem & know you have lots of experience/mileage with them. At what mileage do they need belts/rollers/major maintenance please?

Sorry to derail the thread.

TIA
From memory its 12k but the tend to go a while past that. ISTR changing one at 18k and it was still in spec when I measured it! I think valve clearances are 16k? Very easy scoots to work on. Took my old one to past 80k and the only thing that went wrong with it was the 30a fuse/starter relay thing.
littleredrooster

Cheers mate - great information. :)