My thoughts about Bridge Motorcycles Exeter

Anything you like about motorbikes
cheb

My thoughts about Bridge Motorcycles Exeter

Post by cheb »

For the first in time a few years I've been into a motorcycle dealer and bought some clothing. Helmet down to boots for second spawn. I'll admit to being a bit wary going in and having to turn down unsuitable or inappropriate kit. I was very pleasantly surprised, the chap knew his stock and was genuinely helpful and informative, even suggesting staggered purchasing. Get a loyalty card and use those points for a discount when buying the gloves. Even better was that they give a 10% discount if you have a Blue Light Card.

The better part of £700 got this, human not included:

Next is to do the CBT and see where it goes from there.

I had a snout round the bikes while I was there and nothing really caught my eye, but that was to be expected
Skub

Re: My thoughts about Bridge Motorcycles Exeter

Post by Skub »

I know it can be wearing dealing with the public day in and day out,but I often wonder why so many 'front facing' staff are offhand and frequently downright rude to customers.

Finding a shop with a personable owner and staff is a thing to be treasured and certainly pays off in bringing punters back again/spreading the word etc.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
cheb

Post by cheb »

I was chatting to the counterjumper and he reckoned that C-19 had made things better from a customer service POV. The people that went to the shop wanted to buy things rather than just looking was the way I took it, and fewer people meant more time with each. Seems plausible.
Taff

Post by Taff »

I bought my new boots there a few months ago and had a similar experience :thumbup:

we were down that way on holiday and as they are a sidi dealer we popped over to try them on, they didn't have the exact model boot that I wanted so ordered them in, kept hold of them for a few days* before posting them on to me (*to make sure we were home from holiday to recieve them).

the young lad was absolutely top notch, happy and willing to do whatever was needed to sort things out for me. This is in stark contrast to a local dealer where the young lad didn't even listen to what I wanted before launching into sales pitch at warp factor 9, volume 11.

I lasted about 53 seconds before loosing patience and I walked away from him.
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Skub wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:22 am I know it can be wearing dealing with the public day in and day out,but I often wonder why so many 'front facing' staff are offhand and frequently downright rude to customers.

Finding a shop with a personable owner and staff is a thing to be treasured and certainly pays off in bringing punters back again/spreading the word etc.
I know Infinity branches can be a bit hit and miss but our local one here has a really good approach and the manager is very welcoming and chatty but knows when to back off and give you room. :thumbup:
lostboy

Post by lostboy »

Bigyin wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:37 pm
Skub wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:22 am I know it can be wearing dealing with the public day in and day out,but I often wonder why so many 'front facing' staff are offhand and frequently downright rude to customers.

I know Infinity branches can be a bit hit and miss but our local one here has a really good approach and the manager is very welcoming and chatty but knows when to back off and give you room. :thumbup:
The Southampton branch is excellent - again, all down to the personalities involved.
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

I miss our local Hein Gericke. The staff there were excellent, helpful and knowledgeable without being intrusive. I always rated hein gericke’s goretex kit as well.
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

wheelnut wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:54 am I miss our local Hein Gericke. The staff there were excellent, helpful and knowledgeable without being intrusive. I always rated hein gericke’s goretex kit as well.
Aye, the HG staff in Carlisle were usually pretty good.
Now its a house furniture shop and to be fair the (different) staff are still helpful so it's not all bad.
Daughter just bought a sofa and armchair for her new house there yesterday.
In other news, I'll have more space in my house soon, as well as borrowing a bit of space in her garage for my bikes while I sort my shed, Yay.