BLACK SWAN: A HOT-RODDED HONDA CB900 WITH DUCATI PARTS

Anything you like about motorbikes
Le_Fromage_Grande

Re: BLACK SWAN: A HOT-RODDED HONDA CB900 WITH DUCATI PARTS

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

weeksy wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:38 pm THe more this thread pops up, the more i like it :D
The bike or the thread?
If it's the bike, what do you like about it, for me the only good looking parts are the engine, carbs and exhaust.
If it's the thread, what's not to like, middle aged men reminiscing about the early 80s.
cheb

Post by cheb »

weeksy wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:38 pm THe more this thread pops up, the more i like it :D

Yeah, it's got some good links to watchable videos.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Julian_Boolean wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:23 pm
The bike or the thread?
If it's the bike, what do you like about it, for me the only good looking parts are the engine, carbs and exhaust.
If it's the thread, what's not to like, middle aged men reminiscing about the early 80s.
The bike. I like the stance, the headlight, the overall look. But does seem to miss where the big hole is at the back.

Couldn't give a monkeys about early 80s racing, means absolutely nothing to me.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

The seat is higher than the bars. Silly design IMHO
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

It looks squat and mean in the first pic cause you can't see the honking great hole through the middle. :D

I like the headlight/bars/etc front view though.
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

weeksy wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:28 pm The bike. I like the stance, the headlight, the overall look. But does seem to miss where the big hole is at the back.

I know you don't care about early 80s racing, you were too busy having a perm and wearing a shell suit :D

Serious question, would you buy it if you could easily afford it, if you did buy it, would you ride it?

I can see that it's well made and finished, but I don't like the styling, especially the seat, and the forks are too short and the swingarm too long for it to ride well, it's going to flop into corners and have very little ground clearance when cornering.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Julian_Boolean wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:04 pm
weeksy wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:28 pm The bike. I like the stance, the headlight, the overall look. But does seem to miss where the big hole is at the back.

I know you don't care about early 80s racing, you were too busy having a perm and wearing a shell suit :D

Serious question, would you buy it if you could easily afford it, if you did buy it, would you ride it?

I can see that it's well made and finished, but I don't like the styling, especially the seat, and the forks are too short and the swingarm too long for it to ride well, it's going to flop into corners and have very little ground clearance when cornering.
1. I didn't have a perm
2. I had plenty of shellsuits.
3. Would i buy that one... No, but i don't like IL4 engines, so it would mean a great big no for me. But build me that with a 990SD/1000 Prila or even a 900+ Ducati engine and heck yes, i'd but and own that thing all day. Every fitting, fixture, bracket has been well thought it. It has brakes, suspension, looks... For me, it's right up there in "bikes i'd build if i had an unlimited budget" without a shadow of a doubt. Would i ride it..... heck, i dunno, i don't do dirt at the best of times, let alone with something that's a work of art like this is.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Judging from where the footpegs are you'd need to be a jockey to ride it anyway. Look how long the linkages are!

You'll burn your boots on the exhaust too.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

I certainly prefer the one in the op to the Freddie rep! I'm not the biggest fan of those seats sticking out like that. Nice bit of bracing would add to its looks. :thumbup:
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Taipan wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:34 pm I certainly prefer the one in the op to the Freddie rep! I'm not the biggest fan of those seats sticking out like that. Nice bit of bracing would add to its looks. :thumbup:
Yeah that and lower the angle 5deg and we'd be onto a winner..

Well, with a KTM 990 Superduke engine in there :)
Potter

Post by Potter »

Vive la diference.

I wouldn't ride that if you gave it to me, with a years free petrol and insurance.
Everything about it seems to niggle me to the point that I'd like to see it on fire :D
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

I'm clearly in the minority here but I really like that. Very much form over function but isn't that the current bike trend anyway????