Cars on your want list?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Potter

Cars on your want list?

Post by Potter »

I'm not sure we've done this, there is a list for bikes on your bucket list, but not a car one.

If I was living in the UK I'd have bought this today..https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1972-Triumph ... Swe61fy8Bw

Put the pictures on the biggest screen you have and drool.
I've always wanted a GT6, when I was a kid my dad had MGB-GT's, but I didn't like them, I want the GT6 because it was an MGB killer - he was into The Beatles, I was into The Rolling Stones.

It's possibly one of the only things left on my list that I haven't had that I want, as well as a Range Rover P38.

What (realistic) car do you hanker after?
weeksy
Site Admin

Re: Cars on your want list?

Post by weeksy »

Mercedes viano.
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Air cooled 911.....
Had the opportunity many years ago and ended up buying a 928 S2 instead, big regrets.
JamJar

Post by JamJar »

911 for me too and maybe an Aston.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I've always wanted an AC Cobra. And a Triumph Herald (Vitesse I think as I want the soft top!!)

Modern cars - I'd love an MX5, such fun on the stoopid curly roads up here!!

But, for now I need to try and get the bike mended and find a place to keep it! and then get a car for work

But I'll keep dreaming about the three cars I'd LOVE!! :D :D
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

Harry wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:15 pm I'm not sure we've done this, there is a list for bikes on your bucket list, but not a car one.

If I was living in the UK I'd have bought this today..https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1972-Triumph ... Swe61fy8Bw

Put the pictures on the biggest screen you have and drool.
I've always wanted a GT6, when I was a kid my dad had MGB-GT's, but I didn't like them, I want the GT6 because it was an MGB killer - he was into The Beatles, I was into The Rolling Stones.

It's possibly one of the only things left on my list that I haven't had that I want, as well as a Range Rover P38.

What (realistic) car do you hanker after?
Holy crap, I bought a Mk2 in the late 80s for £300, nasty little barstard of a car, vicious little thing that would feel fine mid corner and then you pushed that little too far and all hell would break loose, back end would be all over the place - still better than a Capri though.

As for car on my wish list, Evo X, but the running costs and risk to my license stops me buying one. This is just down the road
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2010-Mitsubi ... SwPitf0F~H
Le_Fromage_Grande

Noggin wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:33 pm I've always wanted an AC Cobra. And a Triumph Herald (Vitesse I think as I want the soft top!!)

But, for now I need to try and get the bike mended and find a place to keep it! and then get a car for work

I worked with a girl that had a Herald soft top, don't think they made a Vitesse soft top, I think the body wasn't strong enough for the heavy 2.0 6 cylinder engine
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Julian_Boolean wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:39 pm
Noggin wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:33 pm I've always wanted an AC Cobra. And a Triumph Herald (Vitesse I think as I want the soft top!!)

I worked with a girl that had a Herald soft top, don't think they made a Vitesse soft top, I think the body wasn't strong enough for the heavy 2.0 6 cylinder engine
Interesting. Whenever I used to tell people I wanted a soft top Herald they all, without fail, told me that was a vitesse!! LOL I don't care - just want the Herald with a soft top in powder blue! :D :D LOL LOL :D
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Le_Fromage_Grande

Noggin wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:43 pm
Julian_Boolean wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:39 pm

Interesting. Whenever I used to tell people I wanted a soft top Herald they all, without fail, told me that was a vitesse!! LOL I don't care - just want the Herald with a soft top in powder blue! :D :D LOL LOL :D
I think hers was pink, definitely a Herald, not a Vitesse

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triumph_Herald

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triumph_Vitesse

Looks like there was a Vitesse pervetible
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

I don't really want a car but if I was going to indulge, for round here I'd like a Caterham 7. I think it would be ace. Completely impractical but hey, who gives a shit.

However I can't afford one.

To be more practical a VW Transporter would be just fine.
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

6x6 Mercedes G Wagon. Because it looks like a big Tonka toy. But in the more sensible price bracket a DeLorean.
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

I built an M8 on the BMW website last night, only £165k.

I'd like a Ferrari 308GTS, because Magnum drove one.

I'd like an E60 M5, because they're just very cool and it would be my everyday driver.

I'd like a TVR Cerbera, because I had one in Gran Tourismo on the PS1 and it was aces.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Would love an Aston, always liked em. A Porsche 911 too.

Baby Ds nursery fees are enough to lease a 911. Bloody weens. :D
Le_Fromage_Grande

KungFooBob wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:06 pm I'd like a Ferrari 308GTS, because Magnum drove one.
In the 90s there was someone round our way who had one, he lived in a caravan.
The Martian

Post by The Martian »

BMW E46 M3 CSL

After having a M3 (for not long enough.. doh) and it being the best car I've ever driven (including Porsches and Ferraris) I can understand why the CSL is so sought after.

I'll settle for another immaculate, standard E46 M3 and have been looking for a year for the right one, although that's now on hold as I just lost a 10 week contract :|
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Rev 5 MR2 T-bar. Like this one: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1999-Toyota- ... SwJ0tffEGK

had a couple in the past and they're just such a hoot to drive, lovely and snug and, best of all, pop-up headlights. Could buy a top condition one tomorrow, but lack of space and the knowledge that the old Chinese proverb of 'Wanting is better than having' is always the case, stops me.

Scratched the 'classic car' itch with a round wheel arch MG Midget a few years back. In that instance, the wanting was waaay better than the having.
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat :twisted:
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

For a long time now I've had a hankering for a '90s Jeep Cherokee (XJ). They come up at 2-5 grand on ebay every now and again and I sooooo nearly click the button. :D
eg this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/jeep-cheroke ... 3047082662

I have passing fancies as well*, but that one has hung around my neck for a good few years now, I can see myself getting on next year.

* Lottery list includes a Blower Bentley, Aston Martin Virage (the silly 600+bhp one), etc.
Last edited by Rockburner on Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
non quod, sed quomodo
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Mk2 Escourt RS2000

Jag F-Type

911 GT3

Merc C63

BMW M4

I won't ever get to own one though, unless i win the lottery, which i wont, as i don't buy a ticket
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

Rockburner wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:49 pm For a long time now I've had a hankering for a '90s Jeep Cherokee (XJ). They come up at 2-5 grand on ebay every now and again and I sooooo nearly click the button. :D
eg this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/jeep-cheroke ... 3047082662

I have passing fancies as well*, but that one has hung around my neck for a good few years now, I can see myself getting on next year.

* Lottery list includes a Blower Bentley, Aston Martin Virage (the silly 600+bhp one), etc.
I had the next version, was a really good car but by heck it drank petrol fast, think single figure mpg as normal. Friends with an XJ said the same about theirs and it wasn't the V8.