Hypermotard SP

Anything you like about motorbikes
Bigyin

Re: Hypermotard SP

Post by Bigyin »

Couchy wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:40 pm I found the riding position odd tbh. Look good and go well though
You're not the only one. There was somebody on TRC (cant remember the user name) who hankered after one for ages and came across to my local Ducati place and took one for a test ride expecting to buy it but couldnt get on with the riding position.

Its one of the few bikes in the range i havent actually tried yet. Might have to blag a ride on one to see what you mean :thumbup:
Potter

Post by Potter »

Tricky wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:16 pm I'm with Weeksy on this, I think they're lovely, and they are one of few current bikes that I want

Harry- defo have a sit on one, they have quite a high seat height- just saying! ;)
There was/is one for sale here, it's a 939 and the (one) owner has thrown the kitchen sink at it, plus it was lowered (:D) so when I sat on it I could touch the floor nicely. I'm at home on an MX style bike so it felt really good. My mate runs the shop and when he told me the deal he could do me on it I almost ripped his arm off, but Mrs Harry was giving me daggers so I couldn't justify it without a lot of hurrumping.

The reason she's anti-bike atm is my boy turned 17 last month and he's banging on about doing his test and getting a KTM390.
My missus is dead set against it, so she's trying to pretend bikes don't exist and hoping he forgets about it or he accepts any one of the bribes she's offered him if he doesn't get a bike - so me turning up with a shiny new bike would put a fly in the ointment.
The same mate and his wife came over to ours for the day at the weekend and he was banned from mentioning bikes :lol:

If he keeps putting great deals to me then sooner or later I'll fold though.
Or if we end up going into the KTM shop to buy the boy a 390 then I can see me doing a deal for a pair of them.
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

Harry wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:27 am
Tricky wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:16 pm I'm with Weeksy on this, I think they're lovely, and they are one of few current bikes that I want

Harry- defo have a sit on one, they have quite a high seat height- just saying! ;)
If he keeps putting great deals to me then sooner or later I'll fold though.
Or if we end up going into the KTM shop to buy the boy a 390 then I can see me doing a deal for a pair of them.
Have got them yet?
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

Mr Moofo wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:07 am Have got them yet?
You haven't met Mrs. Harry, she's scary.
Potter

Post by Potter »

Mr Moofo wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:07 am
Have got them yet?
I'm hoping that he can tip the balance and get her to give in, at which point I'll sigh and say "Oh go on then".
Once he's got a new bike the door is wide open for me to get one too :D

I fear it will be a slow burn though, my missus is very unhappy about it, more the location and local driving than anything else.