Pfizer vaccine approved

Current affairs, Politics, News.
moth

Re: Pfizer vaccine approved

Post by moth »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:36 am
Greenman wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:32 am

Hang on, why don't i vote, what do you think the reasons for me not voting are?

Are you making things up again?

What have I made up?

I don't know why you don't vote, or at least I can't remember. I said attitudes like yours. Politicians are corrupt, everyone except me is a sheep and so on.
Tinfoil hats make you paranoid. Or is that skunk?

;)
Proud Tory scum since 1974.
Potter

Post by Potter »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:28 am
Of course the solution is to get young people to vote...
How would that help with the issue of people living longer but being unable to pay for themselves after they stop working?
Horse

Post by Horse »

Harry wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:58 am
I understand the desire for immortality, I don't want to die either, but if everyone lives to 100yrs old then they need to push the retirement age up to about 85 - although of course voluntary retirement is fine at any age if you can pay your own way.
Good luck with that one. :D

Personally I'm working on the assumption I will get nothing from the man until I'm well past 70 and cutting my cloth accordingly now.
Yup, retirement age (at least, state pension age) is now being raised almost weekly. Ok, not literally, but it was only a couple of weeks back that the latest change was announced.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Harry wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:40 am
Of course the solution is to get young people to vote...
How would that help with the issue of people living longer but being unable to pay for themselves after they stop working?
The retirement age and state pension needs recutting, its based on out of date assumptions about how long people live etc. That's not a criticism of people living longer, its just a fact.

If you try and recut it you won't get far cause it will be voted against for selfish reasons. Not for a second do I believe that young people would be any less selfish BTW, but it would be much mess biased!

TBF the first steps are being / have been taken. Retiremwnt age has increased. Workplace pensions are mandatory.
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:36 am
Greenman wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:32 am

Hang on, why don't i vote, what do you think the reasons for me not voting are?

Are you making things up again?

What have I made up?

I don't know why you don't vote, or at least I can't remember. I said attitudes like yours. Politicians are corrupt, everyone except me is a sheep and so on.
Ah right.

That's because it's true, if you think otherwise maybe you need a trip to specsavers.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Greenman wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:57 am Ah right.

That's because it's true, if you think otherwise maybe you need a trip to specsavers.
Even if I did think it is true, that's still not a reason to not vote.

In the words of South Park; It's always a choice between a giant douche and a turd sandwich.
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:59 am
Greenman wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:57 am Ah right.

Even if I did think it is true, that's still not a reason to not vote.

In the words of South Park; It's always a choice between a giant douche and a turd sandwich.
Or, or, and i know this is some complicated real world shit i'm talking about here.... :crazy: you could refuse to vote and hope that we are offered something/someone we can actually have confidence in voting for.

I have said it once and i will say it again, i have no interest in supporting or voting in power that is corrupt, even if there is no alternative.

Change is always possible, it's people who do not want change that tell you otherwise (like our gov controlled media) and all the gready c.unts creaming off the top.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Greenman wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:12 am
Or, or, and i know this is some complicated real world shit i'm talking about here.... :crazy: you could refuse to vote and hope that we are offered something/someone we can actually have confidence in voting for.
Never gonna happen in your lifetime or mine, not without massive upheaval. Just sitting back and waiting for a politician you like is going to get you nowhere IMO.

If you want things to change you have to participate.

I get why you don't like politicians, but as far as I can see you've done precisely nothing to change it either? Maybe you have, I dunno, but refusing to vote for any of the current lot wil achieve nothing IMO. Politicians don't even need to win elections to make change, look how much impact UKIP had on the UK despite winning very little.
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:19 am
Greenman wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:12 am
Never gonna happen in your lifetime or mine, not without massive upheaval. Just sitting back and waiting for a politician you like is going to get you nowhere IMO.

If you want things to change you have to participate.

I get why you don't like politicians, but as far as I can see you've done precisely nothing to change it either? Maybe you have, I dunno, but refusing to vote for any of the current lot wil achieve nothing IMO. Politicians don't even need to win elections to make change, look how much impact UKIP had on the UK despite winning very little.
What can i do as an individual? Not much.

I can be a voice like i am now, rather than gloss over all the corruption and greed and pretend everything is fine.

TBH, i don't really care myself anymore, if greedy c.unts want to rule the world let them, The population is ever growing and angst between the rich and the poor is getting higher, so i'll just let everyone sit back and fuck the planet up themselves and for their siblings and future generations.

When your 80 and your children come over to visit and tell you how they have been broken into for the 10th time this week and how their precious child has been stabbed again at school, then maybe your might look back on my ramblings and think 'fuck me, that crazy fucker on the internet was right'!

The human race will reap what they soe, the unfortunate bit here is that the good have to feel the effects also!
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Let's keep the chat about Covid. Not politics.
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

Saga Lout wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:53 pm If you intend to travel to a place where e.g. yellow fever is rife you get vaccinated against yellow fever. You don't do that to protect the natives, you do that to protect yourself. The population effect of vaccination is secondary. My GP suggested I have the flu vaccine because it would be dangerous for me to get flu, not to protect my next door neighbour.
No, you get the get the yellow fever jab to stop you bringing yellow fever home with you and infecting 10 people, who infect 100 people, who infect 1000 people.

Saga Lout wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:53 pm And your bus analogy is ridiculous. I've often been on a bus where I was the only passenger, it still got where it was going.
The analogy does (tenuously) hold. If you're the only person on the bus, and the bus still gets there it's because someone else is paying for you to get there.
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

Dodgy knees wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:12 am Just watched the first jab on 90 odd year old lady on gmtv. Now we wait for the stories, when some of these old folk die. 😯
It's coming. 'Grandad was 98 and fit as a lop until they gave him that vaccine. He died 2 weeks later'
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

wheelnut wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:38 am It's coming. 'Grandad was 98 and fit as a lop until they gave him that vaccine. He died 2 weeks later'
Fell down and broke his hip on the way out of the clinic. Vaccines are dangerous!
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:39 am
wheelnut wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:38 am It's coming. 'Grandad was 98 and fit as a lop until they gave him that vaccine. He died 2 weeks later'
Fell down and broke his hip on the way out of the clinic. Vaccines are dangerous!
Ahh see the vaccine gave him a dodgy hip and it made him die.... :lol: :wtf:
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Yorick wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:35 am Let's keep the chat about Covid. Not politics.
Okay. A very informative and moving open letter from an ICU Nurse. Whilst many easily survive covid, many don't, and this illustrates what an awful way to die it is. It also highlights the terrible and emotionally draining conditions NHS staff are still working under. Well worth a read.

https://www.nursingtimes.net/opinion/op ... 5-11-2020/
Potter

Post by Potter »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:44 am
The retirement age and state pension needs recutting, its based on out of date assumptions about how long people live etc. That's not a criticism of people living longer, its just a fact.
For obvious reasons it's a very emotive subject.
I'm forty-eight and I reckon I've had my worth out of life and everything else is a bonus, I'd be very happy to live for at least another forty-eight years but I think it would be responsible to fund them myself otherwise my kids (and their generation) are going to have to find the means to do so and that's not fair.

Taking the emotion out of it entirely I'd venture that the social system should help you until you're fifty, but at that point you should be able to fund yourself for however long you live afterwards.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Harry wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:13 am
Mr. Dazzle wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:44 am
For obvious reasons it's a very emotive subject.
I'm forty-eight and I reckon I've had my worth out of life and everything else is a bonus, I'd be very happy to live for at least another forty-eight years but I think it would be responsible to fund them myself otherwise my kids (and their generation) are going to have to find the means to do so and that's not fair.

Taking the emotion out of it entirely I'd venture that the social system should help you until you're fifty, but at that point you should be able to fund yourself for however long you live afterwards.
I can't claim any benefits here or in UK.
And no health cover either.
Completely self sufficient.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Yorick wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:17 am I can't claim any benefits here or in UK.
Will you get the UK pension?

What about the bus pass? ;)
Potter

Post by Potter »

Taipan wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:59 am
Okay. A very informative and moving open letter from an ICU Nurse. Whilst many easily survive covid, many don't, and this illustrates what an awful way to die it is. It also highlights the terrible and emotionally draining conditions NHS staff are still working under. Well worth a read.

https://www.nursingtimes.net/opinion/op ... 5-11-2020/
I'm not sure there are any entirely pleasant ways to die.

I read her write-up and I appreciate nursing staff are often in what some people would call challenging circumstances, but it wasn't any sort of a surprise to me, they look after people that sometimes die, unpleasantly, that's the job. I bet an emotional letter from a policeman, fireman, soldier and even some jobs that don't involve other human beings dying could conjure up stirring feelings.

I was bemused by soldiers that said they didn't realise they might end up in harms way when they put a uniform on, I usually assumed they were a bit thick.
It's the job.

I'm sure I'm less sympathetic because I spent the greater part of my life on the wrong end of some sort of shitty stick, but I chose it, it's the job.
A pat on the back, a thanks, a beer, whatever, they all deserve any praise and thanks they get, god bless them all, but it turns me off to see them whining for sympathy, like I keep saying, it's the job.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:19 am
Yorick wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:17 am I can't claim any benefits here or in UK.
Will you get the UK pension?

What about the bus pass? ;)
State pension at 66 & 10 months. Then I go into the Spanish health system.