Pfizer vaccine approved

Current affairs, Politics, News.
moth

Re: Pfizer vaccine approved

Post by moth »

moth wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:18 pm moronic whataboutism.
:roll:
Proud Tory scum since 1974.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Harry wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:56 pm
You need to do a bit of research, there are lots of drugs that pass trials and then go on to kill people through no-error prescribing.
Seems a bit vague. Are you thinking of anything specific from reasonably recent history? Nothing is 100% safe but it tends to be pretty close.

As far as drugs trials go, the most recent horror-show debacle I can recall is the Parexel mess from a few years back.
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:22 pm OK so thibk of it this way greeny....

Would you be OK with a surgeon operating on you without washing their hands first?

How about something simpler...buying food from a restaurant that didn't wash it's plates between meals? How about one where they just lick the plates clean?

It's their choice after all.

As for forcing qualified people out of jobs. If they have any sort of medical or care experience and qualifications they'll know why they should be taking it. It really is a non issue IMO.
Of course not but that's a bad analogy as.....

Do they have to show they have washed their hands before attending the theatre?

Do they have to show they have washed their hands when they attend festivals, nightclubs or go on a plane?

Do they have to prove they have had the flu vaccine before leaving the country?

No, they use their common sense to do their job to the best of their professional ability, just like i am using my common sense to not have the vaccine, it really is that simple IMO.

If laws are imposed onto non-vaxxers then that is a mandatory vaccine no matter how you look at it, vax or don't have a life.
Potter

Post by Potter »

DefTrap wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:48 pm
Harry wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:56 pm
You need to do a bit of research, there are lots of drugs that pass trials and then go on to kill people through no-error prescribing.
Seems a bit vague. Are you thinking of anything specific from reasonably recent history? Nothing is 100% safe but it tends to be pretty close.

As far as drugs trials go, the most recent horror-show debacle I can recall is the Parexel mess from a few years back.
A few words thrown into a Google search throws up enough to keep you busy for a while.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Greenman wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:59 pm If laws are imposed onto non-vaxxers then that is a mandatory vaccine no matter how you look at it, vax or don't have a life.
Its not gonna come to that...how would they even know who has and hasn't been vaccinated?

Besides, I think people are deluding themselves a bit about how many restrictions they currently live under and how much it effects them.

On the one hand you've got loads of restrictions you don't even quibble with. Driving, owning explosives, clubbing dogs....all a bit restricted.

And on the other people can ignore em anyway. Where you getting all that weed from greenie for example?
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Harry wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:01 pm
A few words thrown into a Google search throws up enough to keep you busy for a while.
Pffft. Come up with your own list you lazy twat.
I'll pass.
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:12 pm
Greenman wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:59 pm If laws are imposed onto non-vaxxers then that is a mandatory vaccine no matter how you look at it, vax or don't have a life.
Its not gonna come to that...how would they even know who has and hasn't been vaccinated?

Besides, I think people are deluding themselves a bit about how many restrictions they currently live under and how much it effects them.

On the one hand you've got loads of restrictions you don't even quibble with. Driving, owning explosives, clubbing dogs....all a bit restricted.

And on the other people can ignore em anyway. Where you getting all that weed from greenie for example?
I think there is a big difference between an accepted law saying you cannot grow illegal drugs, to a law that says i cannot go down the local park and dance with my mates or drink in a pub.
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

Greenman wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:20 pm
Mr. Dazzle wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:12 pm

I think there is a big difference between an accepted law saying you cannot grow illegal drugs, to a law that says i cannot go down the local park and dance with my mates or drink in a pub.
You know, I'm reasonably non-plus about it all, I think people should have it, but it IS up to them, but the more you squeal, the more i like the idea of you not even being allowed out of your front door. :lol:
Nidge

Post by Nidge »

But Greenie, the people running that pub you (and most of us) are desperate to get back to are hoping that enough people will take the vaccine so that their industry can start to return to normal
moth

Post by moth »

Greenman wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:20 pm

And what is the practical difference between an 'accepted law' and a 'law'? No law is universally accepted, that's why we have police, prisons, and once upon a time capital punishment.
Saga Lout

Post by Saga Lout »

Harry wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:34 pm If a disease came along that 90% only affected millennials, do you think the boomers would have stopped the world to help you?
The average age of MPs, the people who "stopped the world" was 51 after the last election, so 52 now. Not boomers by any stretch of the imagination.

This "boomer" has been saying it was a mistake since about the middle of April when it became clear that the virus disproportionately affects old gits.
Saga Lout

Post by Saga Lout »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:12 pm Its not gonna come to that...how would they even know who has and hasn't been vaccinated?
You haven't heard? They'll have "666" tattooed on their foreheads.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Greenman wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:20 pm or drink in a pub.
Common law I think. Publicans can do what they want, within the confines of other laws that may discriminate.
I doubt this is a discrimination issue.

Maybe pubs could have 'infected areas'? Outside, well-ventilated and far enough away from the healthy that we don't have to breathe in their disgusting fumes.?
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Maybe the anti-vax types are just scared of needles?
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Suppositories it is!
moth

Post by moth »

KungFooBob wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:38 pm Maybe the anti-vax types are just scared of needles?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55175483
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

moth wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:40 pm https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55175483
This is probably one of the numerous reasons such a relative few give blood
Skub

Post by Skub »

DefTrap wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:50 pm
moth wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:40 pm https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55175483
This is probably one of the numerous reasons such a relative few give blood
Undoubtably.

I've been donating since I was an apprentice and it always surprised me how many of the big rufty tufty shop floor workers shit the breeks at the very thought of a needle. Only 4% of the populace get their arm emptied and most of those are over age 40.

I only started to skive off work for an hour!
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

I'm about to hit my 30th session, but I only do it for the free crisps.

But you're right, I've asked loads of my acquaintances to consider donating. Needle fear is by far the most common reason people don't.
Horse

Post by Horse »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:02 pm I'm about to hit my 30th session, but I only do it for the free crisps.

But you're right, I've asked loads of my acquaintances to consider donating. Needle fear is by far the most common reason people don't.

Perhaps they should train spiders to do the stabbing - that'd put even more off :D

(says Mr Smug, with his gold badge tucked away somewhere)
Even bland can be a type of character :wave: