Pfizer vaccine approved

Current affairs, Politics, News.
Horse

Re: Pfizer vaccine approved

Post by Horse »

Harry wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:32 am I’m not really inclined to argue about the argument - Weeksy will have a fit :D
There's probably more arguments every day in Africa.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
moth

Post by moth »

AS I KEEP SAYING, THERE ARE COUNTRIES THAT ALREADY HAVE COMPULSORY OR CONDITIONAL VACCINATION PROGRAMMES.

I'm assuming that vaccination for British armed forces serving overseas is still mandatory?

The contention that "everyone is going to die, so a few more possibly preventable premature deaths don't matter" is so fucking specious it's not even worth discussing.

I'd hoped that overt trolling by the usual suspects would have been left at TRC, along with moronic whataboutism. Looks like I was wrong.
Proud Tory scum since 1974.
Potter

Post by Potter »

moth wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:18 pm AS I KEEP SAYING, THERE ARE COUNTRIES THAT ALREADY HAVE COMPULSORY OR CONDITIONAL VACCINATION PROGRAMMES.

I'm assuming that vaccination for British armed forces serving overseas is still mandatory?

The contention that "everyone is going to die, so a few more possibly preventable premature deaths don't matter" is so fucking specious it's not even worth discussing.

I'd hoped that overt trolling by the usual suspects would have been left at TRC, along with moronic whataboutism. Looks like I was wrong.
I think it’s me that’s deliberately being trolled, I’ve made a couple of very easy to understand points and then had several pages of “eh?”, resulting in me just shouting louder to try to make it easier to understand.

If you don’t understand the point it doesn’t automatically mean that it must be trolling.

As I think I’ve said, I’m probably less easy to understand because I come at things from a global perspective, not a provincial UK town one - I can’t make that sound less provocative but it’s true.
Horse

Post by Horse »

Harry wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:28 pm I think it’s me that’s deliberately being trolled,
As I think I’ve said, I’m probably less easy to understand because I come at things from a global perspective, not a provincial UK town one - I can’t make that sound less provocative but it’s true.
Is it provocative because it infers that no-one else has ever thought about poverty, famine, illness (whether self-inflicted, such as by smoking, or not) and death globally?

You seem to be making comparisons with worst case, 'lowest common denominator' situations, but I'm sure that you're not suggesting that nothing is being done (as was detailed about smoking) about them or, equally, nothing should be done about covid.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Iccys "I come at things from a global perspective" is in the same category as tenbeers "I showed him a wheel".
Kwolity.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Harry wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:28 pm
I think it’s me that’s deliberately being trolled, I’ve made a couple of very easy to understand points and then had several pages of “eh?”, resulting in me just shouting louder to try to make it easier to understand.
I think your problem is that you assume us isolated insular types don't understand and only you well travelled world weary types could possibly see. We do understand and we just don't agree ;)

Shouting louder ain't gonna help cause it is not lack of comprehension that we're suffering from.

Several of us have said basically "yes lots of people die from other things" and essentially agreed already? Ditto on the not forcing things on people view.
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

moth wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:18 pm

Almost certainly but it isn't done out of benevolence or to protect the locals. :)
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Yambo wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:20 pm it isn't done out of benevolence or to protect the locals. :)
That's not what they said in 2003. :D
Horse

Post by Horse »

Yambo wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:20 pm
moth wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:18 pm
Almost certainly but it isn't done out of benevolence or to protect the locals. :)
Isn't the overall aim to protect democracy, the free world, or summat? Sometimes including locals, other times a beleaguered nation, other times the western world?
irie

Post by irie »

Harry wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:28 pm.

If you don’t understand the point it doesn’t automatically mean that it must be trolling.

Ah yes, the classic get out when trying to 'sell' something which people won't accept. :lol:
There is nothing wrong with what we say so it must either be a presentational issue, or simply not being understood by the target audience.
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

Horse wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:45 pm
Isn't the overall aim to protect democracy, the free world, or summat? Sometimes including locals, other times a beleaguered nation, other times the western world?
No, vaccination of our armed forces going overseas is not for any of that.

HTH. ;)
moth

Post by moth »

irie wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:05 pm
Harry wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:28 pm.

Ah yes, the classic get out when trying to 'sell' something which people won't accept. :lol:
There is nothing wrong with what we say so it must either be a presentational issue, or simply not being understood by the target audience.

He's a shoo in for the next Secretary General of the United Nations.
Proud Tory scum since 1974.
Horse

Post by Horse »

Yambo wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:06 pm

HTH. ;)
If we send squaddies abroad, presumably we wish them to achieve the key objective? Part of that is to provide them with kit, training, supplies, etc. And part of that is vaccination.

So, yes, it is part of protecting the free world, etc.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Harry wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:32 am I’m not really inclined to argue about the argument - Weeksy will have a fit :D
I've been out riding all day, I'm now in the bath drinking cider, I couldn't give a flying toss what you all post on this thread :thumbup:
Saga Lout

Post by Saga Lout »

Horse wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:16 pm

HTH. ;)
If we send squaddies abroad, presumably we wish them to achieve the key objective? Part of that is to provide them with kit, training, supplies, etc. And part of that is vaccination.

The vaccination is to protect the soldier who's vaccinated. You know, like the body armour protects his body, the boots protect his feet, the helmet protects his head and so on.
slowsider

Post by slowsider »

Saga Lout wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:58 pm
Horse wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:16 pm

HTH. ;)

The vaccination is to protect the soldier who's vaccinated. You know, like the body armour protects his body, the boots protect his feet, the helmet protects his head and so on.
And his comrades. Don't forget that. Soldiers don't fight for their country, apparently, they fight for their mates. Be a shame to give them a communicable disease at the same time.
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

moth wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:18 pm AS I KEEP SAYING, THERE ARE COUNTRIES THAT ALREADY HAVE COMPULSORY OR CONDITIONAL VACCINATION PROGRAMMES.
Yes but do we want to be one?

It's all fine referring to other countries policies until those policies impact directly on your life.

As i have stated earlier, we all need to make our own decisions on what we want to do moving forward with this life with covid, if it continues like it is young people cannot just be expected to do nothing, there is going to be a time soon when we have to say no and make our own decisions, if the law restricts that then we are going to see riots and more divisions between society and if you support the law's they are imposing on us then you need to accept the fact that the life you live is not going to be as rosy as it is now!

People need to unite, except we don't all live the same life with the same goal and forget to just fucking live, so we have to argue about how to live!
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

Body armour is there to protect the whole team, I could be talking out my arse as I’ve never been in the army, but it would make sense that if someone chooses not to wear body armour then his mates would be pretty pissed at him as he puts the whole team at risk as they have to put themselves at risk recovering his dead or injured body.

You’ve chosen quite a good analogy, it just works against your opinion. ;)
Horse

Post by Horse »

Saga Lout wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:58 pm The vaccination is to protect the soldier who's vaccinated. You know, like the body armour protects his body, the boots protect his feet, the helmet protects his head and so on.
If a squaddie gets sick (or injured) in any way, it will take a whole raft of resources to care for them.

And the whole point of them being there at all is to succeed. So whether it's better training, kit, vaccinations, whatever, it's all towards achieving that aim.
Saga Lout

Post by Saga Lout »

wheelnut wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:34 pm
Body armour is there to protect the whole team, I could be talking out my arse as I’ve never been in the army, but it would make sense that if someone chooses not to wear body armour then his mates would be pretty pissed at him as he puts the whole team at risk as they have to put themselves at risk recovering his dead or injured body.

You’ve chosen quite a good analogy, it just works against your opinion. ;)
I didn't choose the analogy. The first P in PPE stands for "personal". It's to protect the individual. A long way second is to help the team to do its job but its primary purpose is to protect the individual. A cricketer's box doesn't protect the whole team's cock and balls, does it?