Abrasion resistance

Riding tips, guides, safety gear, IAM, ROSPA and anything related to keeping riders alive longer !
Horse

Re: Abrasion resistance

Post by Horse »

The Spin Doctor wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:54 pm
Horse wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:18 pm But if buying for yourself, retail, Sale of Goods Act would cover you for a lot more than the standard year.
It's Consumer Rights Act now ;)

But for a couple of hundred quid?
Ta for the correction.

It's down to, as you say, what's reasonable. I've not looked at what guarantees manufacturers offer, although don't WL Gore have (or used to) a five year guarantee for any product incorporating their materials?

Also, with the cost of gear, 'a couple of hundred' doesn't get much.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Horse

Post by Horse »

https://www.gore-tex.co.uk/support/guar ... nd-returns

Unspecified as an absolute duration.
Horse

Post by Horse »

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/paul-var ... 42464-8tTZ

Paul Varnsverry
Technical Director at PVA-PPE (HK) Limited & PVA-PPE (UK) Limited. BSI Associate Consultant. Member of the British Safety Industry Federation.

Motorcycle clothing manufacturers in Pakistan are reportedly using one or more local test laboratories to assess their products against the requirements of European Standards.

As these manufacturers are subsequently finding out, however, the laboratories concerned are not ‘scoped’ in their ISO 17025 schedule to assess motorcyclists’ apparel - although some can perform limited tests, such as the cut test from the motorcycle glove standard, within what they are accredited to do. I know of one of the labs concerned and their chemical innocuousness test reports are entirely acceptable, but they have overstepped the mark with physical testing!

Test reports from laboratories not accredited to evaluate motorcyclists’ clothing are being refused by European Notified Bodies. The clothing manufacturers have presumably used domestic labs to save money, or save time. Neither is being achieved.

The solution is simple: check with the Notified Body whether or not they will accept test reports from a local laboratory, before starting testing, not afterwards!
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

I saw a 1000 mile review of textile jackets in MCN the other week. About 10 jackets ranging from about £200 to £1200. I think only 2 were AA and some didn't mention a rating at all (rukka and something else)
The Spin Doctor

Post by The Spin Doctor »

Supermofo wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:24 am I saw a 1000 mile review of textile jackets in MCN the other week. About 10 jackets ranging from about £200 to £1200. I think only 2 were AA and some didn't mention a rating at all (rukka and something else)
There's a dispensation to sell off old stock still in the system for a time, but Rukka have been using some alternative testing procedure... I'm not completely au fait with where, what or how that's possible.