Ducati Diavel Lambo edition.

Anything you like about motorbikes
Skub

Re: Ducati Diavel Lambo edition.

Post by Skub »

KungFooBob wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:39 pm
Skub wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:38 pm The bike weighs 210kgs dry,then fluids and a battery almost double the weight? :shock:
That's full load innit, with rider, passenger and luggage... max 400kg.
That makes more sense.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

636mick wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:14 pm Pretty much the one I’m looking at TBH, although the black one. I’ve had a Multistrada, so service costs I guess are the same? Whats it go round corners like, would you do a long ride, say Croatia on it? Any issues I need to know about that are different to a Multi?
Do you like it, I normally have touring bikes but I’m getting too old for them, too heavy at my age. Is it easy to move around?
Last one, any idea of the width across the bars as I will need to get it through the gate down the side of the house.
Cheers
Mick.
Mick,
Yes, I like it a lot. But I probably dont ride as much as I should. It is fast - and I can hit stupid speeds quite easily - so often other bikes get the get go first.
I have been to Germany and back on it with no problem - though I did fit the touring screen. At 150 mph it only does 18 mph!

Going round corners - well, mine didn’t very well, until I realised that after I had the rear and front suspension altered ( Cartridges front, new shock back) - i hadn’t altered the rear sag. It now corners like a dream - and as a Ducati should.

In std form the seat is not great , and the rear shock is too soft - but if you are a lightweight that may not be an issue.
It has a low centre of gravity - esp compared to the MS, and it also seems roomier to me.

It will not be a protected against weather as a multi - and I wouldn’t want to take one off road. But they are very under rated.....
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

The XDiavel S is a bit of a hoot but i dont know if i could live with one as my only bike. It can corner surprisingly well and the acceleration off the mark is hilarious but the feet forward controls mean anything over 90 mph is a struggle to keep your feet on the pegs. I had one for a day and was really surprised how much i enjoyed it.

The launch control is also nuts but after 3 the bike has to be rested for a bit as it would screw the clutch .... its completely alien to follow the instructions of Hold clutch, select 1st gear, open throttle fully, release clutch and then fucking hang on. The hardest part is remembering to keep left foot on the peg at launch or else you wont get your foot from the ground to the peg in time for the shift to second :o

636mick

Post by 636mick »

Thanks to Mr Moofo, info much appreciated.
Thanks to Bigyin, now looking at xdiavel’s too!!
Found a nice blue Diavel, not sure it looks right in blue.
Mick
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

They look good in blue ...
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

There are some really blinged out diavels that look a tad rubbish. Red, black, grey and blue all look good.

Blue was the “stripe” edition, I believe
Some of the aftermarket tricolour ones are nasty - and the diesel one is just tacky ...