Pfizer vaccine approved

Current affairs, Politics, News.
Supermofo

Re: Pfizer vaccine approved

Post by Supermofo »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:21 am So yeah, I'm gonna tell you I think you're a fool and do what I can to stop you spreading your foolish thoughts.
The problem there though is rarely does telling someone they are a fool change their minds. Take the Brexit, Covid, US elections.

I reckon it'd be better that those of us who want it get it ASAP. As DefTrap say's everyone who doesn't want it means me and my family move up the list. Eventually you'll be left with those who chose not to have it which will be a small % and over time it's more likely they'll change their minds as the Government haven't unleashed draconian social control measures and no one has grown 8 tits on their heads (although maybe some people want this).
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Yeah I've been thinking on similar lines.

The "enforcement" will come from lifting/not lifting restrictions which in turn should be informed by case/death/hospital admissions data and again in turn by the level of vaccination/immunity.
Potter

Post by Potter »

Horse wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:28 am
And, Harry, weren't you the one who kept banging on about 'being positive', wanting good news and not throwing insults?

If you think the majority of the public are being fooled, then set out a case. Explain what you think is going to happen, why it is wrong and what the better alternative would be.

Otherwise we will be on the slope towards the thread being locked. And it would be flocking stupid to continue that way.
As usual you've entirely missed my point - and you seem especially desperate to create some sort of argument.

I'm happy to have the vaccine, I'm happy if other people don't have it.

My comment about sheep was because I think the anti-something mouth breathers are going to be out looking for people to beat up, it used to be black people, then it was queers, then statues to do with slavery and now it might be non-vaccine taking people.
You're all forming your little gang ready to beat up the people that for their own reasons have chosen not to take it.

Leave me alone, I'll take the vaccine, or I won't take it, but it's non of your fucking business and if you come demanding that I do what you tell me to I'll send you away with a flea in your ear.
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Harry wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:45 pm
Horse wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:28 am
And, Harry, weren't you the one who kept banging on about 'being positive', wanting good news and not throwing insults?

If you think the majority of the public are being fooled, then set out a case. Explain what you think is going to happen, why it is wrong and what the better alternative would be.

Otherwise we will be on the slope towards the thread being locked. And it would be flocking stupid to continue that way.
As usual you've entirely missed my point - and you seem especially desperate to create some sort of argument.

I'm happy to have the vaccine, I'm happy if other people don't have it.

My comment about sheep was because I think the anti-something mouth breathers are going to be out looking for people to beat up, it used to be black people, then it was queers, then statues to do with slavery and now it might be non-vaccine taking people.
You're all forming your little gang ready to beat up the people that for their own reasons have chosen not to take it.

Leave me alone, I'll take the vaccine, or I won't take it, but it's non of your fucking business and if you come demanding that I do what you tell me to I'll send you away with a flea in your ear.
This is exactly what i meant when i posted on the first page.

Let the further division of the UK commence.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

The anti-vaccinated beating up the vaccinated? How do you spot the vaccinated?

The vaccinated beating up the anti-vaccinated? I can see how you might be able to spot the anti-vaccinated as they'll be all over social meeja telling everybody how they're on their way to London to sort this out. But - why would you bother? Easier to let Darwinism run its course.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

DefTrap wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:52 pm The anti-vaccinated beating up the vaccinated? How do you spot the vaccinated?
The anti-vaccinated won't have the debilitating side effects.
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

Greenman wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:27 am
Wreckless Rat wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:18 am
Greenman wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:08 am
Fuck me, it's the re-incarnation of Hitler, no wonder you don't get on with or like people, fuck!

Can wee postpone your plan to charge for CO2 please!

Can i just state that i think in no way that the vaccine is to contain nanobots, turn us into zombies etc, i am choosing to not to have the vaccine out of my own personal choice, which comes from the premise of free thinking, maybe some of you lot should try it some time as you all seem quite brainwashed by the ways of society.

Also, the 'you need to take it for the greater good of society' ball shit needs to be addressed. What about all the tobacco smoke i have had to inhale from smokers, did they think about the greater good?, how about all the pollution, are the big companies thinking about the greater good when they are pumping out all the fumes to make a larger profit for themselves? are all the big CEO's thinking about the greater good when they avoid tax on their billion pound profits? no they are not, but as soon as the working class man thinks independently about something that might effect a small amount of society the doo gooder high and mighty just get up off their horses and say 'oh your so horrible, your only thinking of yourself', no, wake the fuck up.

Also - the issue that the gov will probably bring in laws to say you cannot travel, use a train, go to a nightclub etc unless you have your vaccine is just another way of all of us seeing how all this shit is just part of their corruption, it's another form of ID marking in a way, without all the dumb people thinking it is!

Hey i might be wrong, but as i keep saying, independent thoughts, give them a try and step away from the BBC news!

:think:
YAY - Godwins!!

Smoking is now banned in enclosed public spaces - yet the irony of someone who smokes weed, moaning about tobacco smoke is somewhat lost in you I guess.

As for me getting on with people, I do fine thanks. I have at no point ever wanted to bash the living daylights out of someone who complained about me leaving food mess in a room I wasn't even meant to be eating in. Again, the irony is lost on you.

As I say, I am fine with you choosing not to have the vaccine, but like most things that endanger other peoples lives, your choices sometimes come with consequences. If the consequence of you choosing not to, means you suffer some restrictions, I am fine with that. Just as I am fine with you smoking weed, it doesn't impact me, so best of luck to you. However, if your choice to refuse a vaccine means you are at risk of killing other people, I believe it would be ok to restrict your movements.

I don't watch BBC for a start, while you do seem to read any old conspiracy bullshit on the internet, or from druggie Dave and take it for gospel.
Ah we are into the personal jabs already.

Carry on, i haven't got the time to argue with fools!
Personal jabs.. oh mr pot... read your own posts.
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

KungFooBob wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:57 pm
DefTrap wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:52 pm The anti-vaccinated beating up the vaccinated? How do you spot the vaccinated?
And just like vegans they won’t be able to resist telling you ....
slowsider

Post by slowsider »

Gedge wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:05 pm
KungFooBob wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:57 pm
And just like vegans they won’t be able to resist telling you ....
Doubt they'll be more vocal than the vaxxed, tbf. "Don't stop me going there, doing that, I've been vaccinated, I'll have you know"
chillitt

Post by chillitt »

I have no problem whatsoever with someone not wanting a vaccine for a reason. The only ones Ive seen so far are 'Dont wanna' and 'Cant be arsed' (and Greenies weird word soup) If thats the best reason, then it may be better for all concerned to not go bragging about that. If there are good reasons then spread the word.
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

It seems the vaccines are being targeted (or the distribution at least) by hackers. What a sorry state of affairs. Human nature I guess. :thumbdown:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-55165552
Potter

Post by Potter »

chillitt wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:20 pm I have no problem whatsoever with someone not wanting a vaccine for a reason. The only ones Ive seen so far are 'Dont wanna' and 'Cant be arsed' (and Greenies weird word soup) If thats the best reason, then it may be better for all concerned to not go bragging about that. If there are good reasons then spread the word.
How about they do it, or they don't do it, and they don't have to explain themselves to you?
chillitt

Post by chillitt »

Harry wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:46 pm
chillitt wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:20 pm I have no problem whatsoever with someone not wanting a vaccine for a reason. The only ones Ive seen so far are 'Dont wanna' and 'Cant be arsed' (and Greenies weird word soup) If thats the best reason, then it may be better for all concerned to not go bragging about that. If there are good reasons then spread the word.
How about they do it, or they don't do it, and they don't have to explain themselves to you?
Yeah, thats what I said.
Potter

Post by Potter »

chillitt wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:50 pm
Yeah, thats what I said.
Oh I thought you said people should really have a sensible reason not to have it.
I obviously read it wrong.
Potter

Post by Potter »

The irony with the pub scenario is delicious.

If you don't have a vaccine against something that might kill some old and knackered people, we won't let you come into a pub so you can't get high on a drug that kills hundreds of thousands, ruins millions of lives and costs the authorities millions of pounds to deal with every year.

What next? If you don't have a TB vaccination we'll ban you from smoking :lol:
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

Yambo wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:35 am
Wreckless Rat wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:55 am Health passports already exist and have for years. As I said there is a huge list of countries you cannot enter with x,y,z vaccination card. This is no different, it’s not the lizards trying to take over. Remove the tin foil hat Harry.
I think Yellow Fever is the only disease where some countries have a requirement for proof of vaccination and that is usually only required if travelling to those countries from countries where there is a risk of Yellow Fever transmission.

However, I'm happy to see the huge list of countries you cannot enter without an x, y, z, vaccination card. I quite like to travel and as I've never required such cards I'm interested to know where I won't be able to go.
I don't normally google for people, but as yours is broken..

https://www.euronews.com/2019/05/07/how ... -mandatory

Also...

European Countries recommend or contemplate compulsory vaccines. Among them, eleven Countries (35.4%) have mandatory vaccinations for at least one out of diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, hepatitis B, poliovirus, Haemophilus influenzae type b, measles, mumps, rubella and varicella vaccine.
Conclusion

Not only in Italy, vaccination against diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, hepatitis B, poliovirus, Haemophilus influenzae type b, measles, mumps, rubella and varicella is mandatory in children under 18 months. Other European countries adopted compulsory policies in order to prevent the spread of infectious diseases and to protect the community.

and around the world, the list that require yellow fever is quite large. So yeah, mandatory vaccines is nothing new.
Trinity765

Post by Trinity765 »

No. 10 Downing Street press secretary has said that Boris may take the vaccine on TV to prove it is safe. Now I'm conflicted. While I 100% hope that the vaccine is safe, I'd also like to see Boris turn into a zombie live on air.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Trinity765 wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:20 pm No. 10 Downing Street press secretary has said that Boris may take the vaccine on TV to prove it is safe. Now I'm conflicted. While I 100% hope that the vaccine is safe, I'd also like to see Boris turn into a zombie live on air.
Will he have the little chip inserted so he can spy on himself ?
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

Wreckless Rat wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:17 pm
I don't normally google for people, but as yours is broken..

https://www.euronews.com/2019/05/07/how ... -mandatory

Also...

European Countries recommend or contemplate compulsory vaccines. Among them, eleven Countries (35.4%) have mandatory vaccinations for at least one out of diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, hepatitis B, poliovirus, Haemophilus influenzae type b, measles, mumps, rubella and varicella vaccine.
Conclusion

Not only in Italy, vaccination against diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, hepatitis B, poliovirus, Haemophilus influenzae type b, measles, mumps, rubella and varicella is mandatory in children under 18 months. Other European countries adopted compulsory policies in order to prevent the spread of infectious diseases and to protect the community.

and around the world, the list that require yellow fever is quite large. So yeah, mandatory vaccines is nothing new.

Wow, good stuff. However, that isn't a list of countries that you cannot enter without a card saying you've been vaccinated against x, y and z. It's saying that those countries require vaccinations against certain illnesses mainly due to an increase in measles. I've bolded a bit of your post that is pertinent.

My google isn't broken by the way but I think it might be a different google to yours and this of course is the internet where if you make a claim that
"there is a huge list of countries you cannot enter with x,y,z vaccination card."
you can be expected to back up your claim by giving us the huge list.
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

You win the pedant of the day award :clap:

Here is a big list, wade through it at your leisure, if you have nothing better to do. A large proportion is YF, but there are requirements for polio and others but I can't be arsed to wade through it for some point scoring exercise on semantics. My point, even if not perfectly worded is mandatory vaccinations are nothing new, and travel restrictions based on your vaccination record is also nothing new.

https://www.who.int/ith/2016-ith-county-list.pdf

The point remains - the fact there is already a list of countries that require you to be vaccinated against something to enter. So if they deem it so with covid, what is the new precedent they are setting. If you can explain that to me, im all ears.

a quick google suggests overall mortality rate of yellow fever is between 3 - 7.5%
Last edited by Wreckless Rat on Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.