Pfizer vaccine approved

Current affairs, Politics, News.
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Re: Pfizer vaccine approved

Post by demographic »

Bwana wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:53 am How big was that container and how many jizz straws did it contain?
It was yonks ago so I've only a hazy memory of it.
Mebbe a foot outside diameter and six inch ID?
Never looked inside so dunno how many but they were this so I'd imagine a good number.

I'd be amazed if it wasnt enough in number for a care home were it vaccine instead of bull jizz.

You'll have seen the setup will you?
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

Health passports already exist and have for years. As I said there is a huge list of countries you cannot enter with x,y,z vaccination card. This is no different, it’s not the lizards trying to take over. Remove the tin foil hat Harry.
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

Harry wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:33 am
Oh you beautiful sheep, how you flock...
If I had to bet who would have been the first to use the word ‘sheep’ in this thread, my money wouldn’t have been on you. But well done for stepping up.
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

Julian_Boolean wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:00 pm Just as a matter of interest, how many people have the flu vaccination every year?
And for anyone who says flu doesn't kill, my father died of it last year (it got him before the stomach cancer did)
Sorry about your father, but have you considered that if more people took up the offer of a flu jab perhaps he wouldn’t have caught it? You’re of an age where it’s available to you. Did you get one?
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Wreckless Rat wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:55 am Health passports already exist and have for years. As I said there is a huge list of countries you cannot enter with x,y,z vaccination card. This is no different, it’s not the lizards trying to take over. Remove the tin foil hat Harry.
I had to have Yellow Fever (iirc) to be able to go on holiday to The Gambia. You get a little card you have to keep with your passport and they check it at check-in, like they would a visa.
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Wreckless Rat wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:52 pm
Julian_Boolean wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:18 pm As it happens, I'm fine with not doing any of those things.
Cool
Julian_Boolean wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:18 pm But who's going to enforce these new laws of yours?
The gubbermit only have to tell the poleece etc its law...
Julian_Boolean wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:18 pm And what are you going to do when the herd mentality decides that something you don't want to do means your movement should be restricted?
If its for something like a vaccine, i would comply.
Julian_Boolean wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:18 pm Burning fossil fuels kills people, should that be banned?
It already is on the way to be...
Julian_Boolean wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:18 pm Smoking kills people, should that be banned?
Already is in public confined spaces.
Julian_Boolean wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:18 pm Eating unhealthy food kills people, should there be diet control?
Yep
Julian_Boolean wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:18 pm Where does your intrusion into peoples personal freedom stop?
Where your choices don't kill other people. Simples really.
Fuck me, it's the re-incarnation of Hitler, no wonder you don't get on with or like people, fuck!

Can wee postpone your plan to charge for CO2 please!

Can i just state that i think in no way that the vaccine is to contain nanobots, turn us into zombies etc, i am choosing to not to have the vaccine out of my own personal choice, which comes from the premise of free thinking, maybe some of you lot should try it some time as you all seem quite brainwashed by the ways of society.

Also, the 'you need to take it for the greater good of society' ball shit needs to be addressed. What about all the tobacco smoke i have had to inhale from smokers, did they think about the greater good?, how about all the pollution, are the big companies thinking about the greater good when they are pumping out all the fumes to make a larger profit for themselves? are all the big CEO's thinking about the greater good when they avoid tax on their billion pound profits? no they are not, but as soon as the working class man thinks independently about something that might effect a small amount of society the doo gooder high and mighty just get up off their horses and say 'oh your so horrible, your only thinking of yourself', no, wake the fuck up.

Also - the issue that the gov will probably bring in laws to say you cannot travel, use a train, go to a nightclub etc unless you have your vaccine is just another way of all of us seeing how all this shit is just part of their corruption, it's another form of ID marking in a way, without all the dumb people thinking it is!

Hey i might be wrong, but as i keep saying, independent thoughts, give them a try and step away from the BBC news!

:think:
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

Greenman wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:08 am
Fuck me, it's the re-incarnation of Hitler, no wonder you don't get on with or like people, fuck!

Can i just state that i think in no way that the vaccine is to contain nanobots, turn us into zombies etc, i am choosing to not to have the vaccine out of my own personal choice, which comes from the premise of free thinking, maybe some of you lot should try it some time as you all seem quite brainwashed by the ways of society.

Also, the 'you need to take it for the greater good of society' ball shit needs to be addressed. What about all the tobacco smoke i have had to inhale from smokers, did they think about the greater good?, how about all the pollution, are the big companies thinking about the greater good when they are pumping out all the fumes to make a larger profit for themselves? are all the big CEO's thinking about the greater good when they avoid tax on their billion pound profits? no they are not, but as soon as the working class man thinks independently about something that might effect a small amount of society the doo gooder high and mighty just get up off their horses and say 'oh your so horrible, your only thinking of yourself', no, wake the fuck up.

Also - the issue that the gov will probably bring in laws to say you cannot travel, use a train, go to a nightclub etc unless you have your vaccine is just another way of all of us seeing how all this shit is just part of their corruption, it's another form of ID marking in a way, without all the dumb people thinking it is!

Hey i might be wrong, but as i keep saying, independent thoughts, give them a try and step away from the BBC news!

YAY - Godwins!!

Smoking is now banned in enclosed public spaces - yet the irony of someone who smokes weed, moaning about tobacco smoke is somewhat lost in you I guess.

As for me getting on with people, I do fine thanks. I have at no point ever wanted to bash the living daylights out of someone who complained about me leaving food mess in a room I wasn't even meant to be eating in. Again, the irony is lost on you.

As I say, I am fine with you choosing not to have the vaccine, but like most things that endanger other peoples lives, your choices sometimes come with consequences. If the consequence of you choosing not to, means you suffer some restrictions, I am fine with that. Just as I am fine with you smoking weed, it doesn't impact me, so best of luck to you. However, if your choice to refuse a vaccine means you are at risk of killing other people, I believe it would be ok to restrict your movements.

I don't watch BBC for a start, while you do seem to read any old conspiracy bullshit on the internet, or from druggie Dave and take it for gospel.
chillitt

Post by chillitt »

Wreckless Rat wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:52 pm
Julian_Boolean wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:18 pm As it happens, I'm fine with not doing any of those things.
Cool
Julian_Boolean wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:18 pm But who's going to enforce these new laws of yours?
The gubbermit only have to tell the poleece etc its law...
Julian_Boolean wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:18 pm And what are you going to do when the herd mentality decides that something you don't want to do means your movement should be restricted?
If its for something like a vaccine, i would comply.
Julian_Boolean wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:18 pm Burning fossil fuels kills people, should that be banned?
It already is on the way to be...
Julian_Boolean wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:18 pm Smoking kills people, should that be banned?
Already is in public confined spaces.
Julian_Boolean wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:18 pm Eating unhealthy food kills people, should there be diet control?
Yep
Julian_Boolean wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:18 pm Where does your intrusion into peoples personal freedom stop?
Where your choices don't kill other people. Simples really.

If you dont like BBC news, maybe you should try Channel 4 news or one of the other networks rather than facebook groups and nutty little video bloggers with mental health issues, then there would be less chance of you sounding like an idiot when you repeat this crap, then all of us wont be so argumentative. The secret to independent thought is to actually think about what you are saying.
Horse

Post by Horse »

wheelnut wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:30 am
Harry wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:33 am
Oh you beautiful sheep, how you flock...
If I had to bet who would have been the first to use the word ‘sheep’ in this thread, my money wouldn’t have been on you. But well done for stepping up.
And, Harry, weren't you the one who kept banging on about 'being positive', wanting good news and not throwing insults?

If you think the majority of the public are being fooled, then set out a case. Explain what you think is going to happen, why it is wrong and what the better alternative would be.

Otherwise we will be on the slope towards the thread being locked. And it would be flocking stupid to continue that way.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Honestly....I doubt the government will introduce any passport system, they've already pushed back against the idea.

But let's not pretend its a new idea foisted on us. Vaccination passports go back centuries. Health inspections go back centuries....plague ships anyone?

Who do you think was the first US president to require people to be vaccinated? Here's a clue; the US didn't exist at the time.
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/hist ... culations/
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

I don't think I'll be offered a vaccine anytime soon. I'm 43 and healthy and (touch wood) very rarely sick, think I've had 1 day sick in 3 years from work. Although I did get a message offering me the Flu vaccine which has never happened before, assume as I have a minor heart condition, so I might be slightly higher up the list but probably won't get offered anything until late next year at best anyway.

But the vaccine does offer hope that we can start getting back to normal and for that I'm proper happy about it :thumbup: Must admit I'm happy working at home and spending loads of time with the kids, but not seeing people has over time really effected me. I don't go out a huge amount, but the thought of meeting a few mates in the pub being normal with no masks, sanitisers and suspicious looks...I'd kill for that right now. So bring it on. In summer it wasn't too bad, but winter and lockdown means I'm seeing no one but my family and only going on local walks.

I'll have the vaccine if offered even though generally I'm anti medication. Even after my bike crash once over the immediate aftermath I refused morphine for best part of 2 days before the docs said I was having it. I don't take headache tablets etc either. I'd rather know when I'm ill/in pain than mask it, odd I know. But that said I had a load of vaccines/boosters at school and all ok, so to get through this I'll have this one.

Having said that, I don't think people who don't want it should be penalised. That's a slippery slope. I'd rather in a year or 2 they thought well it seems harmless enough and seems to be getting us back to normal so make their own mind up to have it rather than be forced to have it. I know there are school kids not having Measles etc jabs due to parents not wanting it and the only issue is that some of them then get it. Shit happens I guess. But should be a free choice.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

It should be a free choice, but it should also be a no brainer. I'm not going to force it on anyone (not sure how I would anyway :D) but I also think your choice makes you look a fool.

Unfortunately your foolish choice impacts other people, both because of the literal health impact and also because of the "softer" impact of spreading ignorance and distrust in society. Issues that were seemingly settled decades ago (like "vaccines are a good idea") are now back up for debate on facebook. I dunno, maybe the lack of a global pandemic for a good few years* has made people forget why we need 'em.

So yeah, I'm gonna tell you I think you're a fool and do what I can to stop you spreading your foolish thoughts.

There's quite a lot of irony is Greenman's nonsense in that he clearly hasn't thought it through much.

* 'cept AIDS, but then again we are all well aware of the precautions needed there too
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Wreckless Rat wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:18 am

YAY - Godwins!!

Smoking is now banned in enclosed public spaces - yet the irony of someone who smokes weed, moaning about tobacco smoke is somewhat lost in you I guess.

As for me getting on with people, I do fine thanks. I have at no point ever wanted to bash the living daylights out of someone who complained about me leaving food mess in a room I wasn't even meant to be eating in. Again, the irony is lost on you.

As I say, I am fine with you choosing not to have the vaccine, but like most things that endanger other peoples lives, your choices sometimes come with consequences. If the consequence of you choosing not to, means you suffer some restrictions, I am fine with that. Just as I am fine with you smoking weed, it doesn't impact me, so best of luck to you. However, if your choice to refuse a vaccine means you are at risk of killing other people, I believe it would be ok to restrict your movements.

I don't watch BBC for a start, while you do seem to read any old conspiracy bullshit on the internet, or from druggie Dave and take it for gospel.
Ah we are into the personal jabs already.

Carry on, i haven't got the time to argue with fools!
Horse

Post by Horse »

Greenman wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:27 am
Wreckless Rat wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:18 am
Greenman wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:08 am Fuck me, it's the re-incarnation of Hitler, no wonder you don't get on with or like people, fuck!
YAY - Godwins!!
Ah we are into the personal jabs already.
Huh?
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Gedge

Re: Pfizer vaccine app

Post by Gedge »

I will be more than happy to have the vaccine, same as I was happy to have the seasonal flu jab and all the other jabs I have had including HepC and Rabies ( Rabies jab was supposedly a condition to be able to visit parts of Mexico) .

I can see, while the world is all fighting this virus that some vaccine condition on travel is a reasonable step but I would be concerned if it became a lifelong requirement ( wouldn’t affect me as I will have it but I think it’s a civil liberties issue) ..I would be concerned if access to our own society is restricted in the same way though ( pubs, sports venues etc) . I would be happy if a ‘ vaccine passport’ excused you from some restrictions such as mask wearing but refusing access to unvaccinated people I should a step too far IMO .
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

Wreckless Rat wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:55 am Health passports already exist and have for years. As I said there is a huge list of countries you cannot enter with x,y,z vaccination card. This is no different, it’s not the lizards trying to take over. Remove the tin foil hat Harry.
I think Yellow Fever is the only disease where some countries have a requirement for proof of vaccination and that is usually only required if travelling to those countries from countries where there is a risk of Yellow Fever transmission.

However, I'm happy to see the huge list of countries you cannot enter without an x, y, z, vaccination card. I quite like to travel and as I've never required such cards I'm interested to know where I won't be able to go.
slowsider

Post by slowsider »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:21 am It should be a free choice, but it should also be a no brainer. I'm not going to force it on anyone (not sure how I would anyway :D) but I also think your choice makes you look a fool.

Unfortunately your foolish choice impacts other people, both because of the literal health impact and also because of the "softer" impact of spreading ignorance and distrust in society. Issues that were seemingly settled decades ago (like "vaccines are a good idea") are now back up for debate on facebook. I dunno, maybe the lack of a global pandemic for a good few years* has made people forget why we need 'em.

So yeah, I'm gonna tell you I think you're a fool and do what I can to stop you spreading your foolish thoughts.

There's quite a lot of irony is Greenman's nonsense in that he clearly hasn't thought it through much.

* 'cept AIDS, but then again we are all well aware of the precautions needed there too
You'll be giving up driving, then?
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

slowsider wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:49 am
You'll be giving up driving, then?
Why would I do that?

People keep making these spurious comparisons with driving, bikes, smoking, drinking or whatever else.

I drive on the correct side of the road but I still drive. I don't get black out drunk every lunchtime but I still drink and so on.

No-one is asking you to live in a bubble and isolate yourself and everyone else from all risk, I don't think they ever have.
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

Yambo wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:35 am
I think Yellow Fever is the only disease where some countries have a requirement for proof of vaccination and that is usually only required if travelling to those countries from countries where there is a risk of Yellow Fever transmission.

However, I'm happy to see the huge list of countries you cannot enter without an x, y, z, vaccination card. I quite like to travel and as I've never required such cards I'm interested to know where I won't be able to go.

Mostly Yellow Fever and Malaria but a few require Polio too ...

These vaccines are recommended to provide protection against diseases endemic to the country of origin or of destination. They are intended to protect travellers and to prevent disease spread within and between countries.

Some countries require proof of vaccination for travellers wishing to enter or exit the country.

Cholera
Hepatitis A
Hepatitis E
Japanese encephalitis
Meningococcal disease
Polio (adult booster dose)
Rabies

Taken from the WHO website ..The list of recommended vaccines before travel is much longer .
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

I've worked in the 'medicines' industry for nigh-on 25 years. The Regulatory Authorities are set up to prevent exactly what some of the conspiracy theorists and doom-mongers are saying because of horror stories like DrMengele in WW2, subsequent pisstakers and continuing subsequent sloppy and disparate regulations worldwide well post WW2. My experience is that they are thorough and strict. If there was any doubt as to the efficacy or side-effects it just doesn't happen, simple as that.

Being selfish (because I am) if all the conspiracy theorists and "better safe that sorry" types can let themselves be know to the authorities? I might get my vaccine a bit quicker.