Pfizer vaccine approved

Current affairs, Politics, News.
Pseudonym

Re: Pfizer vaccine approved

Post by Pseudonym »

I and a few of my family members have had Covid-19 (not tested) but all the symptoms. I've never coughed like that in my life. We thought it was a bit weird at the time as none of us had any symptoms you'd get if you get a cold/flu, apart from the headache/high temperature.

We, and I can say that definitively of my Hubby, would have the vaccine. Like others have said, it's for the good of all. When it comes to this virus, and how it's affected billions of people around the world/economies/jobs/leisure/freedoms, it would be incredibly selfish to refuse it on the grounds of you don't want it or fancy it.
Without the effort of all of the Scientists around the world, where would we be now?

The only ones who should refuse it are those that would be excluded on medical grounds, whatever those might be.
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

Just as a matter of interest, how many people have the flu vaccination every year?
And for anyone who says flu doesn't kill, my father died of it last year (it got him before the stomach cancer did)
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

I'm not offered it. Baby D has it every year.
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

Julian_Boolean wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:29 pm So vaxxers, what are you going to do when the virus mutates into something the vaccine can't deal with?

I do find it odd that some people are so offended that I don't want to take the vaccine and want to force me to take it, surely if everyone who wants to take the vaccine takes it they'll be protected and those that don't accept the risk?
Antivaxxers not being vaccinated increase that risk exponentially.

Your move...
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

Julian_Boolean wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:00 pm Just as a matter of interest, how many people have the flu vaccination every year?
And for anyone who says flu doesn't kill, my father died of it last year (it got him before the stomach cancer did)
Every year... mainly because flu kills... so does covid.

Covid is different though, its a novel disease, so existing immunity is scarce. It also attacks the body in a more aggressive way than flu. The death rate of COVID is higher. I don't really want to die of either, so am happy to take the vaccines.
chillitt

Post by chillitt »

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/ ... -passport/ This is how daft and anti vaxxer sounds to the rest of us.
Last edited by chillitt on Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Le_Fromage_Grande

Wreckless Rat wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:04 pm
Julian_Boolean wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:29 pm So vaxxers, what are you going to do when the virus mutates into something the vaccine can't deal with?

I do find it odd that some people are so offended that I don't want to take the vaccine and want to force me to take it, surely if everyone who wants to take the vaccine takes it they'll be protected and those that don't accept the risk?

Your move...
I thought it was a discussion not a game of chess, I'm not interested in trying to win an argument.

In the end people are going to die of something, this vaccine may delay that for a small number of people, I don't think it's worth it, I don't think lockdown is working and I doubt if the vaccine will make any difference either.

Pfizer will have got nice and rich though

I'm not anti vaccination, but I am very pro free choice and I think people should be allowed the choice of whether they take a drug or not, obviously you don't believe that people should have free choice.
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

Julian_Boolean wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:10 pm
Wreckless Rat wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:04 pm

Your move...
I thought it was a discussion not a game of chess, I'm not interested in trying to win an argument.

In the end people are going to die of something, this vaccine may delay that for a small number of people, I don't think it's worth it, I don't think lockdown is working and I doubt if the vaccine will make any difference either.

Pfizer will have got nice and rich though

I'm not anti vaccination, but I am very pro free choice and I think people should be allowed the choice of whether they take a drug or not, obviously you don't believe that people should have free choice.
That's where you mistake me. I think your body, your choice. But I also think your choices come with consequences. So if by not having the vaccine, you cannot fly, travel by bus or train, go to the cinema, or eat out. I'm fine with that.
lostboy

Post by lostboy »

Julian_Boolean wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:00 pm Just as a matter of interest, how many people have the flu vaccination every year?
Every year. Because I know flu kills (not everyone). I also know Covid19 kills (not everyone) so am struggling with your logic on this thread.
Le_Fromage_Grande

Wreckless Rat wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:11 pm That's where you mistake me. I think your body, your choice. But I also think your choices come with consequences. So if by not having the vaccine, you cannot fly, travel by bus or train, go to the cinema, or eat out. I'm fine with that.
As it happens, I'm fine with not doing any of those things.
But who's going to enforce these new laws of yours?
And what are you going to do when the herd mentality decides that something you don't want to do means your movement should be restricted?

Burning fossil fuels kills people, should that be banned?
Smoking kills people, should that be banned?
Eating unhealthy food kills people, should there be diet control?

Where does your intrusion into peoples personal freedom stop?
moth

Post by moth »

Flu vaccines cope with that every year.

No vaccine is 100% effective.

The "thin end of the wedge" argument is fucking pathetic BTW.
Proud Tory scum since 1974.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

I'm not allowed to own fully automatic weapons, drive at 200mph while drunk or rob little old ladies either.

Sensible people see things by degrees ;)
Le_Fromage_Grande

I'm obviously the odd one out on this thread so I'll leave you all to agree with each other.
chillitt

Post by chillitt »

Julian_Boolean wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:26 pm I'm obviously the odd one out on this thread so I'll leave you all to agree with each other.
While you are away, consider what it takes to get this motley assembly of crotchety old bastards to agree about anything, and how most of us get this, and ask yourself why you and greeny dont....
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Talking to my mate about this today. I'm not going to have it just yet for a couple of reasons:

A: There are more deserving people than me. I'm reasonably fit so would probably shrug it off.

B: There's no incentive (sort of see above). Now if Johnny Forriner says I can't visit his country unless I've had the jab, that's different gravy. Same with the 'flu jab. I get offered it through work, but I just can't be arsed with the faffing around.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Julian_Boolean wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:26 pm I'm obviously the odd one out on this thread so I'll leave you all to agree with each other.
But when we all turn into zombies because of an unforeseen side effect of the vaccine, you get to drive around in a V8 with a sornoff shottie putting us out of our misery. Leather Gimp mask optional.
David

Post by David »

KungFooBob wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:45 am Yeah, but what about the undocumented zombifcation side effects?

In 5 years when everyone else is the walking dead the antivaxers get to drive v8 muscle cars and dress in leather chaps and stuff.
You mean you don't already?
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

Julian_Boolean wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:18 pm As it happens, I'm fine with not doing any of those things.
Cool
Julian_Boolean wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:18 pm But who's going to enforce these new laws of yours?
The gubbermit only have to tell the poleece etc its law...
Julian_Boolean wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:18 pm And what are you going to do when the herd mentality decides that something you don't want to do means your movement should be restricted?
If its for something like a vaccine, i would comply.
Julian_Boolean wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:18 pm Burning fossil fuels kills people, should that be banned?
It already is on the way to be...
Julian_Boolean wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:18 pm Smoking kills people, should that be banned?
Already is in public confined spaces.
Julian_Boolean wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:18 pm Eating unhealthy food kills people, should there be diet control?
Yep
Julian_Boolean wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:18 pm Where does your intrusion into peoples personal freedom stop?
Where your choices don't kill other people. Simples really.
lostboy

Post by lostboy »

Julian_Boolean wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:18 pm
Wreckless Rat wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:11 pm That's where you mistake me. I think your body, your choice. But I also think your choices come with consequences. So if by not having the vaccine, you cannot fly, travel by bus or train, go to the cinema, or eat out. I'm fine with that.
As it happens, I'm fine with not doing any of those things.
But who's going to enforce these new laws of yours?
And what are you going to do when the herd mentality decides that something you don't want to do means your movement should be restricted?

Burning fossil fuels kills people, should that be banned?
Smoking kills people, should that be banned?
Eating unhealthy food kills people, should there be diet control?

Where does your intrusion into peoples personal freedom stop?
Vote Laurence Fox!!
The Martian

Post by The Martian »

chillitt wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:09 pm https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/ ... -passport/ This is how daft and anti vaxxer sounds to the rest of us.
:thumbup: :thumbup: and thrice :thumbup: