Pfizer vaccine approved

Current affairs, Politics, News.
Mr. Dazzle

Re: Pfizer vaccine approved

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

I would happily have the jab...but being a 36 year old, non-asthmatic, non-overweight runner I doubt I'm at the head of the queue. :D

To top it off ISTR that O neg blood type is also less susceptible.

I think I've got more chance of receiving the smallpox jab.
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Julian_Boolean wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:55 pm I'm 53 and I don't want it, I don't need a vaccine for something that isn't going to kill me and people who've had the vaccine will still carry it and transmit it.
Me neither.

As with you i have had it and i survived, i think for a period i didn't even know i had it.

I've had worse colds.

Fair enough for those that think it will work for them, just please don't knock those that choose not to have it.

The amount of anger towards anti-vaxers on t'internet is off the scale atm.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Greenman wrote:
The amount of anger towards anti-vaxers on t'internet is off the scale atm.
And rightly so. :D

Its like flat earth...but you know, with more risk of death.
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

Question for the antivaxxers .

There is a large list of countries, where if you want to travel to them, you have to be vaccinated against things like typhoid, yellow fever, rabies etc

Why should covid be any different? It's clearly deadly for some, maybe not you, but the people you pass it to.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

I honestly hoped that the Covid pandemic would put an end to anti vaxxers . I naively thought they'd see the sense when a vaccine allowed us to go back to our lives.

Oh how innocent I am :D
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Wreckless Rat wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:23 pm Question for the antivaxxers .

There is a large list of countries, where if you want to travel to them, you have to be vaccinated against things like typhoid, yellow fever, rabies etc

Why should covid be any different? It's clearly deadly for some, maybe not you, but the people you pass it to.
A vaccination will not stop you from carrying or spreading the virus, but you knew that right?

I think back in the days when other vaccinations were made available the world was in a bit of a better place and people still had confidence in Government, these days you have to make your own decisions based on your own findings, or, by reading something somebody wrote on the internet!
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

I want all the different vaccines so I can turn into a Zombie/Rotter Boss. Apparently I’m not allowed to stare at the “stabber” after I’ve had my shot and utter “brainzzz”.

A whole new minority group with PDS, Partially Deceased Syndrome.
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:26 pm I honestly hoped that the Covid pandemic would put an end to anti vaxxers . I naively thought they'd see the sense when a vaccine allowed us to go back to our lives.

Oh how innocent I am :D
We could quite happily go back to our normal lives now.

People who want to isolate can, people who are happy to risk getting and recovering from the virus can go back out, it's really is that simple, the complicated bit in between is the shit we are fed to and told to do by our corrupt Gov.
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

Greenman wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:28 pm

A vaccination will not stop you from carrying or spreading the virus, but you knew that right?

I think back in the days when other vaccinations were made available the world was in a bit of a better place and people still had confidence in Government, these days you have to make your own decisions based on your own findings, or, by reading something somebody wrote on the internet!
bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

breathe..

bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Greenman wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:30 pm We could quite happily go back to our normal lives now.

People who want to isolate can, people who are happy to risk getting and recovering from the virus can go back out, it's really is that simple, the complicated bit in between is the shit we are fed to and told to do by our corrupt Gov.
My MiL caught Covid recently, she's OK fortunately. She's not left her care home in 2 years and very rarely even leaves her room due to health issues.

She is only looked after by health care professionals and anyone who sees her has to be in full ppe.

She still caught it.

How much more isolated do you want her to be?

If someone that isolated still gets it how is your plan gonna work?
Last edited by Mr. Dazzle on Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Greenman wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:30 pm People who want to isolate can, people who are happy to risk getting and recovering from the virus can go back out, after tying up millions of NHS beds for months, it's really is that simple, the complicated bit in between is the shit we are fed to and told to do by our corrupt Gov.
EFA
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

Those diseases could kill me, Covid won't, if I was 75 I would feel differently, but I see no need for me to take this vaccine, having seen people have some very bad reactions to Malaria vaccines I'm not keen on taking something to prevent a non lethal disease, I'm not that unhealthy.

BTW I had a positive test after getting a cough, had two weeks of self isolation which was a bit crap, but I've had worse colds.
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

Julian_Boolean wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:36 pm

Those diseases could kill me, Covid won't, if I was 75 I would feel differently, but I see no need for me to take this vaccine, having seen people have some very bad reactions to Malaria vaccines I'm not keen on taking something to prevent a non lethal disease, I'm not that unhealthy.

BTW I had a positive test after getting a cough, had two weeks of self isolation which was a bit crap, but I've had worse colds.
You avoided the question nicely.

As said, it may not kill you (nor would yellow fever necessarily, nor typhoid) very few illnesses have a 100% mortality rate, not even ebola. It's not about YOU its about society. If you don't care about society, why should it care about you. ie - don't get vax'd thats fine, but you can't go anywhere then. We will be fine with that. :thumbup:
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Wreckless Rat wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:40 pm As said, it may not kill you (nor would yellow fever necessarily, nor typhoid) very few illnesses have a 100% mortality rate, not even ebola. It's not about YOU its about society. If you don't care about society, why should it care about you.
That ^

This is just an extension of society.
Le_Fromage_Grande

Wreckless Rat wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:40 pm
Julian_Boolean wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:36 pm

You avoided the question nicely.

As said, it may not kill you (nor would yellow fever necessarily, nor typhoid) very few illnesses have a 100% mortality rate, not even ebola. It's not about YOU its about society. If you don't care about society, why should it care about you. ie - don't get vax'd thats fine, but you can't go anywhere then. We will be fine with that. :thumbup:
No intentional avoiding of your question

You're going to transmit Covid whether you've been vaccinated or not, it doesn't kill the virus, it tries to make your immune system capable of dealing with it.

Also what countries is it compulsory to have vaccinations for, the foreign office advise having vaccinations for places like Tanzania but as far as I know they're not compulsory.

Why are you getting so uptight about people having free will to decide what they want to do?
The Martian

Post by The Martian »

Greenman wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:28 pm

Dude, of course the vaccine will *stop you* from spreading it because you won't develop the disease (and therefore won't carry it).
It's in the best interests of everyone that the majority take it to achieve herd immunity, as we have done against smallpox, polio, tuberculosis etc. Herd immunity has NEVER been gained against anything without a vaccine.
Don't listen to conspiracy theories on it, most of the people making the most noise can't grasp basic chemistry.
The government might be corrupt, but without the masses they have no one to fleece and pay for their mistakes ;)

*Edit* reduce, not stop (worded badly on reflection)
Last edited by The Martian on Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
636mick

Post by 636mick »

Well I will happily have it. I’ve not had COVID, mainly due to taking precautions but I want to return to a life where I can go where I want, when I want, do what I want, go into shops, all without having to worry about some saddo who feels they know better than the medics who tell us wearing a mask is a help to control the spread! Staying home helps to control the spread!
I’m 61, fairly fit, but I’ve followed all the rules, and I didn’t get it. Not prepared to take the risk of dying just yet.
All my own opinion, don’t care if you agree or disagree, it makes no difference but as we share opinions on here, I thought I would.
If you don’t want the jab, don’t have it, your choice. If you do, go for it.
Mick.
Le_Fromage_Grande

The Martian wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:49 pm
Dude, of course the vaccine will stop you from spreading it because you won't develop the disease (and therefore won't carry it).
It's in the best interests of everyone that the majority take it to achieve herd immunity, as we have done against smallpox, polio, tuberculosis etc. Herd immunity has NEVER been gained against anything without a vaccine.
Don't listen to conspiracy theories on it, most of the people making the most noise can't grasp basic chemistry.
The government might be corrupt, but without the masses they have no one to fleece and pay for their mistakes ;)
You can carry a disease without developing it
So the Human population as no immunity to any disease there's no vaccine for?
The Martian

Post by The Martian »

Julian_Boolean wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:53 pm
The Martian wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:49 pm
Dude, of course the vaccine will stop you from spreading it because you won't develop the disease (and therefore won't carry it).
You can carry a disease without developing it
So the Human population as no immunity to any disease there's no vaccine for?
You will be significantly less infectious than if you develop it full blown and if enough people vaccinate this risk is reduced further. This is herd immunity.

Yes, we are immune to many diseases that can affect animals.. the problem comes when that disease mutates to be able to attack humans. The ones we can't get we don't worry about because we can't get them.
The immunities we have against known human diseases have ALL come from science.. every single one.
Le_Fromage_Grande

The Martian wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:01 pm
You will be significantly less infectious than if you develop it full blown and if enough people vaccinate this risk is reduced further. This is herd immunity.

Yes, we are immune to many diseases that can affect animals.. the problem comes when that disease mutates to be able to attack humans. The ones we can't get we don't worry about because we can't get them.
The immunities we have against known human diseases have ALL come from science.. every single one.
So people have no immunity to flu?