Lockdown Nov 20, what are you doing ?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
formula400

Re: Lockdown Nov 20, what are you doing ?

Post by formula400 »

Yorick wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:58 am
weeksy wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:53 am
Yorick wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:19 am

Lockdown means stay at home.
Exercise outside is perfectly acceptable.
Riding with his mate on the 765 isn't perfectly acceptable.

thing is, nothing is really perfectly acceptable, closing hospitality has not worked, but lets do it again, face masks can't really be working, as we are back to the start.

anyways ill be out side, away from others.
CBR650r :mrgreen:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

formula400 wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:27 pm
weeksy wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:53 am

Exercise outside is perfectly acceptable.

thing is, nothing is really perfectly acceptable, closing hospitality has not worked, but lets do it again, face masks can't really be working, as we are back to the start.

It's worked OK here. That's because we all wore them. Simple.
formula400

Post by formula400 »

key word OK
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

Yorick wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:31 pm

And it's a hot sunny climate there, and if there's no tourists, a small, isolated population.
Honda Owner
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

formula400 wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:38 pmkey word OK
Seems OK to me :)

Lanzarote latest coronavirus information updated daily
Current active cases on the island – 70

Currently in Hospital – 1

The infection rate per 100,000 over the last 7 days is 26,0.

Lanzarote has had 9 deaths from Covid 19 since the epidemic began.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Julian_Boolean wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:46 pm
Yorick wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:31 pm

And it's a hot sunny climate there, and if there's no tourists, a small, isolated population.
From the weekend, ALL visitors from outside the islands, must produce a Covid Free test :)
formula400

Post by formula400 »

Yorick wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:49 pm
Seems OK to me :)

Lanzarote latest coronavirus information updated daily
Current active cases on the island – 70

Currently in Hospital – 1

The infection rate per 100,000 over the last 7 days is 26,0.

Lanzarote has had 9 deaths from Covid 19 since the epidemic began.
then you should of said there doing what they are supposed to do and not ok. :clap:
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Nope, the key words were; 'all' and 'wore'

It ain't not rocket science, apply a little common sense, wear a mask and stay the fuck away from people and all will be well.
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

MrLongbeard wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:02 pm

It ain't not rocket science, apply a little common sense, wear a mask and stay the fuck away from people and all will be well.
Id love to do that but the powers that be say i still have to attend schools which means i mix with over 2000 students and 300 teachers a day, but it's ok, because covid says it wont come into the schools, at least that's what Boris says.
formula400

Post by formula400 »

what I am and have been doing.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

:thumbup: PHE should adopt this saying. Alas, I still don't think it would sink in for some...
Wossname

Post by Wossname »

I'm afraid I may be on here more than usual.

Oh look.....
Horse

Post by Horse »

Greenman wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:39 pm Id love to do that but the powers that be say i still have to attend schools which means i mix with over 2000 students and 300 teachers a day, but it's ok, because covid says it wont come into the schools,
Hmmm latest BBC news might be of interest to you.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54937486

The number of school-age children with coronavirus has risen "significantly" in the second wave compared with the first, according to the government's scientific advisers.

Children are now more likely than adults to be the person bringing a Covid infection into a household.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Our mayor declared gyms an essential business so they've been open for months.
New State-wide lock down that starts today isn't going to change that at all (lasts until Dec 20th). The issue is that up here in the desert we don't have the same Covid issues as down the hill in LA. We currently have fewer than 700 cases among a population of 120,000+

LA Mayor Eric Garshitti turned into Mussolini some months back & now our Mayor & the city council have had enough of his bullshit. This Thursday they are having a vote of no confidence in the County Health Dept & going with a City Health Dept. That's actually being set up today so will be ready to go on Thursday. Pretty much everything here will be open again by the weekend. Pasadena already did this some time back & things there are fairly normal. Garshitti is the Mayor of the City of LA, but likes to think he reigns over the entire County with his edicts etc because there is a County Health Dept. There are a bunch of cities where he has no say within the County (Lancaster, Palmdale, San Fernando, Pasadena, Santa Monica, Torrance, Huntington Beach, Long Beach, Calabasas, Pomona, Beverly Hills, Compton, Malibu etc, about 50 all told). It effectively means that all the people he is fucking over in LA City will just go shop & eat etc in the open cities. Pasadena restaurants etc are doing a roaring trade.
Kern County is also pretty much open. Kern is the county to the immediate North of LA County (Bakersfield etc).

I live in the purple bit at the top. LA City is only the white area:
http://www.laalmanac.com/images/mapLACountyLarge.jpg
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

ZRX61 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:37 pm . We currently have fewer than 700 cases among a population of 120,000+
~580 per 100,000.

That's high. They're talking 200-400 sorta scale here and we're having lockdowns etc. although its sometimes a little hard to know if they mean peak or new or average or what.
Docca

Post by Docca »

Face masks work

Isolating works

I don’t see any evidence of the tier system working. Not only is it baffling and misleading, it also doesn’t work. People tend to be more binary; go out/don’t go out, rather than qualifying a scotch egg as a ‘substantial meal’.

Anyway, I’ve not seen the same impact of lockdown this time around. There seem to be more people out than ever, but the R number is going down so that’s a good thing.

3 entire year groups from one of schools Mh children attend were sent home for a fortnight. It’s hit the schools, and more specifically the bubbles in schools hard.

I’ve exercised less. Darkness and cold and the fact that BAU hasn’t taken more of a back seat during second wave means we’ve no time.

Stay safe
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

I've seen talk of vaccinations starting next week?

My parents both volunteer at the local Hospital and they've put out "the call" for anyone with formal first aid training to train as a vaccinator.

I guess the government need to stay on message that we've got to get through winter first, which we do, so they won't talk up vaccinations too much.
Docca

Post by Docca »

Yeah, we start our vaccination programme tomorrow.
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Horse wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:25 pm
Greenman wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:39 pm Id love to do that but the powers that be say i still have to attend schools which means i mix with over 2000 students and 300 teachers a day, but it's ok, because covid says it wont come into the schools,
Hmmm latest BBC news might be of interest to you.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54937486

The number of school-age children with coronavirus has risen "significantly" in the second wave compared with the first, according to the government's scientific advisers.

Children are now more likely than adults to be the person bringing a Covid infection into a household.
Don't get me started!

Pretty much every school i attend have at least 1 bubble closed, numerous staff off and most SLT are stressed trying to cover the staff illness.

It's ok though as i wear a mask so there is 0% chance of me catching it!

We either need to lock down fully, by fully i mean schools, banks, superstores etc, for a good length of time, or just let us get on with our lives.

This namby pamby tier system is just going to bring the R rate back up and don't even mention xmas, the amount of people i have spoke to saying they are meeting up with 20 relatives they have not seen for ages, yeah great idea that even though the same people moaned at me when i say to them i wont be having the vaccine but will be staying home for xmas!

This will never go away, even with a vaccine, did the flu go away when we all had a vaccine? no, this is just another illness that is going to be about in your lives for the foreseeable future, we need to start living again and let the ones who choose to isolate isolate, they can have the vaccine for peace of mind too if they want, it's wrong to keep others locked away who will probably only get mild symptoms and recover, it's killing small business and destroying peoples mental health, let alone totally tearing apart the confidence any of us have in the current powers that be for any future movements they want us to support!

Fuck the economy, if humanity is destroyed there will be no economy anyway!
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Well I've been applying my version which I call Tier Gremmers, in that I don't go into work very often and when I do there's nobody else around me. I wear a mask where I need to and sanitise when there's a station nearby. I was still going to the gym when they were open, but abiding by the new rules. I've been out running with the dog and going on long walks with friends, just the four of us and, call me Rita Ora, having them around for a takeaway or a few drinks. Also been going around the in-laws to help them get their new bungalow up straight, tiling in a bathroom with the heating on full -blast, wearing a mask and nearly dying in heat exhaustion. Told the F-I-L I was meeting a limited group of people socially, he shrugged and laughed as he's had family and friends around too.
It must be working, as I've had umpteen Covid swab tests having been in and out of hospital the last few weeks and they're all negative. Kid goes to school in line with the government ruling and gets sent home for two weeks as somebody in her year has it. Ludicrous and farcical.