When/Where/Pics was the last time you rode your bike ?

Anything you like about motorbikes
Dodgy69

Re: When/Where/Pics was the last time you rode your bike ?

Post by Dodgy69 »

Skub wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2024 8:09 pm
Dodgy69 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2024 6:15 pm Wouldn't wanted to be any colder, thank the lord for heated grips.
Get thyself a Keis heated gilet. Those what know,know. ;)
Funny you should say that, talking to a bloke today who was wearing one. He loved it, get the long sleeves he said and the collar warms up aswel. 👍
Yamaha rocket 3
Skub

Post by Skub »

Dodgy69 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2024 8:33 pm
Skub wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2024 8:09 pm
Dodgy69 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2024 6:15 pm Wouldn't wanted to be any colder, thank the lord for heated grips.
Get thyself a Keis heated gilet. Those what know,know. ;)
Funny you should say that, talking to a bloke today who was wearing one. He loved it, get the long sleeves he said and the collar warms up aswel. 👍
I've had mine for a few years now and it's one of those things you wonder how you ever done without. Because the triples charging system won't cope with any accessories,I use a Keis lithium 5200 battery when I'm on the old bikes. It'll get you about 4 hours on full heat,but medium is ample for most days. It means you can walk about off the bike and be warm too. Anything modern just plugs into the bike. I use the same sockets for the Keis as I do for an Optimate. Keeps it tidy.

If you go for one,make sure you get a controller with it,otherwise it'll be full blast the whole time. Also just wear the minimum underneath the gilet,or you'll insulate yourself from the heat. I wear a t-shirt,gilet,then jacket. That's makes for comfort in the coldest temps I'll be out in.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Skub wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2024 9:39 pm Get thyself a Keis heated gilet. Those what know,know. ;)

I've had mine for a few years now and it's one of those things you wonder how you ever done without. Because the triples charging system won't cope with any accessories,I use a Keis lithium 5200 battery when I'm on the old bikes. It'll get you about 4 hours on full heat,but medium is ample for most days. It means you can walk about off the bike and be warm too. Anything modern just plugs into the bike. I use the same sockets for the Keis as I do for an Optimate. Keeps it tidy.

If you go for one,make sure you get a controller with it,otherwise it'll be full blast the whole time. Also just wear the minimum underneath the gilet,or you'll insulate yourself from the heat. I wear a t-shirt,gilet,then jacket. That's makes for comfort in the coldest temps I'll be out in.
I think I might have just found what I want for my Birthday/Xmas present...
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
Felix

Post by Felix »

My car, and van have good heaters.
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

For older bikes, take a look at the Warm'n'Safe range: they're designed as mid-layers so you wear them closer to you and, more importantly, they pull less juice because they don't get as hot

Long sleeves, and heated collar too.

Even not on they're a good insulting player as well, despite being a 3rd the thickness of the Keis stuff. (I have a Keis gilet too)

Mine is great.
non quod, sed quomodo
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

Dodgy69 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2024 11:49 am Glad you're enjoying it @Tricky . When I samplied the off road world, I got fed up with falling off in mud, broken levers and getting covered in shit. Gravel tracks were good fun though. 👍
Shame you don't live further south, I reckon you'd love our rides ( you'd probably still fall off and get covered in shit, just not care as much :D )
As for the broken levers, my (21 YO) old girl has been upside down literally hundreds of times, and still has all original brake/clutch/gear levers, and the original handguards- sounds like you needed better handguards / gear lever ( or just an old orange bike ;) )
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

I think the stock tyres were shit. They picked up the mud, turned into slicks, then promptly chucked me off, a lot. ☹👎
Yamaha rocket 3
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Day off so after some fettling the rental property for viewings i had a couple of hours spare so went round the coast for a bit of happy time on the Multi. 20 degrees and sunshine so t shirt and leathers instead of thermals and goretex 8-)

This road used to carry on for a bit further and then a dune i used to cycle along the end of it ....joys of coastal erosion :(

Making the most of the big yellow round thing in the sky

Still havent washed the bike from last 2 weeks commuting :roll:
Bustaspoke

Post by Bustaspoke »

Bigyin wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2024 7:52 pm went round the coast for a bit of happy time on the Multi. 20 degrees and sunshine so t shirt and leathers instead of thermals and goretex 8-)

Still havent washed the bike from last 2 weeks commuting :roll:
You got lucky with the weather gods,It's hosed down around here all day,still raining now :shock: :thumbdown:
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Bustaspoke wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2024 9:04 pm
You got lucky with the weather gods,It's hosed down around here all day,still raining now :shock: :thumbdown:
Same again tomorrow so kevlar jeans and leather jacket for the daily commute :thumbup:
kendo57

Post by kendo57 »

Had a ride over to Clay Cross to look at the MT09 , thought it looked better in the flesh than pictures.

Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Did the scenic north tour :)

Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

Great shots @Yorick
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

Seeing as the weather was decent I took yesterday as holiday to go for a ride. Lot of mist about so didn't set off till 10.30 and once I hit Essex the sun came out.

No set destination in mind but knowing I'd need lunch and I'd not been this year I decided to go to Krazy Horse.

Had a pretty decent bacon/sausage baguette and a coffee overlooking all the shiny metal. Some tasty MVs, Indians and Zeta's. No Patons this time and although they had a bunch of CCMs none of the new models yet.

This blue carbon Indian FTR was lovely, one for @MrLongbeard

Overall a good ride, bit chilly though despite the sun and lots of farm mud to go with the usual crap surfaces and gravel. So nothing mental, just a nice afternoon enjoying the ride and the bike. After 3 years with the GSXS it's still suiting me pretty much perfectly. I've brimmed it with E5 in case this is the last ride of the year but hopefully not. It needs a wash but that can wait for the salt and end of season.
Bustaspoke

Post by Bustaspoke »

I got out on the Streety for a couple of hours after the floods had subsided...
I was going to get out on the bike this morning but most of West Lancs was waterlogged so I nipped out this afternoon,conditions weren't perfect & I was keeping away from any tree lined areas as the leaves are dropping.. .

West Coast sunset :D

I think I'll SORN the Streety at the end of the month & stick to Vtwin Zuki power until spring :thumbup:
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

I thought about going out, but only the main roads were dry and shit free. The twisties would of been a mess. See what tomorrow brings. 🤞
Yamaha rocket 3
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

No pics, but today I went to Lands End via the north coast backroads. Some places were wet and muddy, but surprisingly few.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Dickyboy

Post by Dickyboy »

Popped over to Hideout leathers to pick up some new troos & gloves, flooding made passing through Luton even more horrible than normal but overall not a bad 135mile round trip, some bike cleaning fans might have a wee stroke at the sight of my bike though.
Skub

Post by Skub »

Dickyboy wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2024 7:53 pm Popped over to Hideout leathers to pick up some new troos & gloves, flooding made passing through Luton even more horrible than normal but overall not a bad 135mile round trip, some bike cleaning fans might have a wee stroke at the sight of my bike though.
I wish we had a Hideout over here. I've a great leather jacket made by them,but it needs a little tweak to fit the way I'd like it. Quality gear.

It took until after lunch today before the main roads were dry and since tomorrow is to be a washout I dragged out Mr.Orange for the afternoon. Quite pleasant it was too.
Walt Whitman
Skub

Post by Skub »

A decent day today after the storm of yesterday. Banged in a couple of hours on Mr.Blue.
Walt Whitman