Insignificant/ Significant things that BYP or just wind you up a little

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Noggin

Re: Insignificant/ Significant things that BYP or just wind you up a little

Post by Noggin »

Yorick wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2024 4:55 pm
Noggin wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2024 4:34 pm
But seriously annoying as I have a date on Thursday :angry-cussingblack: So, will be heading to the pharmacy in the lunch break tomorrow to get the meds to stop eyes and nose running and then see if I have to tell him on Weds that I'm ill and does he still want to meet up :( :( Gutted - been looking forward to the date for a week now :( :(
Fluff up the fun bags and put a short skirt on. He'll be putty in your hands.
TBF, I'm pretty sure he already is!! But not sure he'll want to share this cold :( :(
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Bigjawa

Post by Bigjawa »

Noggin wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2024 5:01 pm
Noggin wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2024 4:34 pm
But seriously annoying as I have a date on Thursday :angry-cussingblack: So, will be heading to the pharmacy in the lunch break tomorrow to get the meds to stop eyes and nose running and then see if I have to tell him on Weds that I'm ill and does he still want to meet up :( :( Gutted - been looking forward to the date for a week now :( :(
TBF, I'm pretty sure he already is!! But not sure he'll want to share this cold :( :(
Trust me, when he's playing tonsil hockey, virus transmission will be the last thing on his mind.....
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Bigjawa wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2024 8:27 pm
Noggin wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2024 5:01 pm

Trust me, when he's playing tonsil hockey, virus transmission will be the last thing on his mind.....
In that case I’ll work on getting the right drugs to stop my face running and hopefully he wont be put off!! 🤞🏻🤞🏻
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Felix

Post by Felix »

Your next/first entry on this thread will be an interesting read :lol: :lol: viewtopic.php?t=462
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Gilets.
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

gremlin wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 12:43 pmGilets.
The word?

The garment?

The smug air of self satisfaction surrounding the wearer?

(I like gilets)
non quod, sed quomodo
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Rockburner wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 12:47 pm
gremlin wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 12:43 pmGilets.
The word?

The garment?

The smug air of self satisfaction surrounding the wearer?

(I like gilets)
I'm fine with the garment, per se, even though I find the concept of 'warm body/cold arms' somewhat bizarre. The word itself, again, no issue with, although I might favour the more working class word 'Body warmer'.

As for the smug pricks who have watched an episode of 'Industry' on the Beeb and have run out to buy one... I'll leave that one hanging there.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

7 days in of man-flu and still pretty shite. I'm less shite than i was, but still far far from anywhere being normality.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

weeksy wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 12:59 pm 7 days in of man-flu and still pretty shite. I'm less shite than i was, but still far far from anywhere being normality.
Covid.

(Other ill-informed and baseless diagnoses are available. Never read the label. Never consult your doctor.)
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

gremlin wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 1:12 pm
weeksy wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 12:59 pm 7 days in of man-flu and still pretty shite. I'm less shite than i was, but still far far from anywhere being normality.
Covid.

(Other ill-informed and baseless diagnoses are available. Never read the label. Never consult your doctor.)
Not sure even if it is that it changes anything as such. I've not lost any sense of smell or taste, other than being full of snot at times. Maybe it is, maybe it's not....but like i say, not sure it changes much.
Bigjawa

Post by Bigjawa »

weeksy wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 1:30 pm
gremlin wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 1:12 pm
Covid.

Not sure even if it is that it changes anything as such. I've not lost any sense of smell or taste, other than being full of snot at times. Maybe it is, maybe it's not....but like i say, not sure it changes much.
When I had Covid, I didn't lose my taste or smell but still tested positive for well over a week.
Ian

Post by Ian »

I've had some sort of lurgy which has hit me really hard in the lungs more than anything but I've tested negative for covid. There's a lot of it about judging by the number of people coughing and wheezing.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Felix wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2024 11:21 pm Your next/first entry on this thread will be an interesting read :lol: :lol: viewtopic.php?t=462
Probably not as interesting as expected!! :lol:

Bloody hell, I hope my version doesn't last 7 days!! :shock: :shock:

I am reasonably sure it's not covid but only because I have never had symptoms at the time with Covid (only the first time losing sense of taste and smell - just didn't realise for weeks!) - this is a full on runny face cold like I get every February! Just peeved it's happened a few months early!!
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Got told today by a pharmacist that I shouldn't be taking anti inflammatories with the paracetamol whilst I've got a cough :shock:

Well damn. Longer time with a cough (and generally more sexy voice :angelic-green: ) or hurty arm :( :( Rock n a hard place as ever :(

She also gave me anti histamines that are one per 24 hours :roll: :roll: :roll: FFS, I want the runny face situation JUST STOP! Not ask it nicely if it would mind buggering off fairly soon!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Scotsrich

Post by Scotsrich »

Halloween.

Can you be Ba Humbug about any event or just Christmas?

We spend time and money recycling, buying bags for life etc. and generally being good little citizens then all of a sudden go crazy and import container ships full of plastic tat from China that decorate houses and gardens then go to landfill. Thousands of tons of plastic waste, millions of plastic costumes, millions of pumpkins all just dumped.

They talk about banning fireworks on Nov 5th. I'd much rather they banned Halloween.
Felix

Post by Felix »

Been in this so called council sink hole for the past 18 years now. Come Halloween we have been putting the house in darkness at the front so the little scroungers dont come calling. I just discovered last week that as a rule if you dont have a lit pumpkin on the doorstep or in garden area in general then they dont come a calling. Thats me sorted then as i have never bought one in my life.
Felix

Post by Felix »

Noggin wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 6:15 pm
Probably not as interesting as expected!! :lol:
If you are not in bed by 10pm then go home :thumbup:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Scotsrich wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 11:30 pm Halloween.

We spend time and money recycling, buying bags for life etc. and generally being good little citizens then all of a sudden go crazy and import container ships full of plastic tat from China that decorate houses and gardens then go to landfill. Thousands of tons of plastic waste, millions of plastic costumes, millions of pumpkins all just dumped.

They talk about banning fireworks on Nov 5th. I'd much rather they banned Halloween.
Surprisingly it's huge here and takes over all the town. I don't go out that night.
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Scotsrich wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 11:30 pm Halloween.

It's an imported 'festival' anyway, the Yanks can have it back.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!