BSB Brands Finale.

Discussions on your upcoming trackdays, discusions on WSB, MotoGP, BSB or even F1.
Yorick

BSB Brands Finale.

Post by Yorick »

It's close at the top between Bridewell and Ryde with Glenn Irwin an outside chance.

Always liked T.B. but he got really whiny last year, so shouting for K.R. this weekend.

My pal is there in the BMW900 series and said it was so cold this morning that he sat out free practice. He didn't appreciate me telling him it's lovely here.

I still haven't forgiven him for crashing my LC350 there in 1983 :obscene-birdiedoublered:
Screenshot_20241011_100058_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20241011_100058_Samsung Internet.jpg (253.07 KiB) Viewed 496 times
Skub

Re: BSB Brands Finale.

Post by Skub »

I don't mind who wins,both Ryde and Bridewell are deserving of the title,they've ridden really well this year. Bridewell on the Honda has performed way better than I supposed,I'll put my hand up and admit I was one who thought he'd be nowhere.

I'm not a big fan of the Irwins,but I doubt Glenn will win the title,though he could well be a factor in who does.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Bustaspoke

Post by Bustaspoke »

The forecast is dry but chilly overnight,not sure what the track temps will be.
For the first time in my life I'll be wanting the Honda to win the SBK championship.I've listened to interviews with TB,KR & GI,they all come across as decent blokes so I've no bias there,good luck to all 3 of them!
The S/sport class also gets decided this weekend & I want Jack Kennedy to win that one.I think he's been the standout S/Sport rider over the years,it's been great watching him race,he just didn't seem to get the break at WSS,or in BSB when he lost his Superbike ride at the end of last season.
Superstock also gets decided at Brands,I'd like to see Joe Talbot win that before he moves up to OMG for next season.
I'll be hoping that Honda win all 3 classes.Before this season I can't remember me ever wanting Honda to win any champioship :shock: :wtf:
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

Am looking forward to this one, I'd love to see Kyle clinch it , albeit if Tommy gets it, then he's a well deserved winner too in my book- back-to-back championships on different bikes is some feat in BSB IMO.

Hope Crambo has a decent weekend on the F900s too, and I'll be rooting for him- I hear that he'll have Jezza McWilliams for company out there this week-end- much as I admire how Strudwick has ridden this season, I'm a Nikki Coates fan and am hoping that Jezza will have the motivation and pace to be able to throw a spanner in the works and at least make Strudwick have to work for it :thumbup:

Have to say, the weather lately and especially the temperature here this morning (1.5 degrees when I got in the car earlier this morning :wtf: ) has made me question my sanity for entering the Prince of Pembrey meeting at the end of this month!
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Skub wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2024 11:08 am I don't mind who wins,both Ryde and Bridewell are deserving of the title,they've ridden really well this year. Bridewell on the Honda has performed way better than I supposed,I'll put my hand up and admit I was one who thought he'd be nowhere.

I'm not a big fan of the Irwins,but I doubt Glenn will win the title,though he could well be a factor in who does.
I like Glenn but not Andrew.
wull

Post by wull »

I want TB to do it because I really like the guy so I’m always rooting for him but I want him to do it even more as he’ll be the first to win it back to back with different manufacturers, it’s never been done before.
formula400

Post by formula400 »

Can Glenn still win??? I hope so, he comes across well I think, not a fan of Tommy, so routing for KR,

Also smashing for DK to get a race win, I got a lad. DK t shirt on the friday there.
Attachments
IMG_9487.jpeg
IMG_9487.jpeg (412.3 KiB) Viewed 400 times
CBR650r :mrgreen:
formula400

Post by formula400 »

Well here the answer

“ Technically still three can win it. If Ryde and Bridewell failed to finish both races (very doubtful) and Glenn wins both, then it’s a tie. It would then be decided on race wins and Glenn would take it. I don’t think it will go that way, but it’s a mathematical possibility”
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

I have just caught up on yesterday's action- so pleasing to see Danny grab one at (long) last 🏆🏆

and I have to say, BSB never disappoints in terms of end-of-season championship closeness/excitement :thumbup:
Skub

Post by Skub »

Supposed to be dry racing today,I always prefer to watch a race where tyre choice isn't such a big factor and the cream rises to the top.

You'd need to like a bet to pick between Ryde and Bridewell,it really could go either way. I just hope it's not some cruel breakdown,or suchlike that decides the outcome.
Walt Whitman
Bustaspoke

Post by Bustaspoke »

BSB's delivered some exciting end of year finale's over the years & once again it's gone down to the last day.
Last year the championship was decided by 1/2 a point & this year they're going into the last days racing with 1 point between them,I have no idea who's the favourite,as a fan I'm hooked!
Both the Superstock & Sportbike classes also go down to the final race,it's a pity Luke Mossey only joined the series mid season,he seems to be the stand out rider.Yesterdays Sportbike race was spoiled by tyre choice,I can't see Cooper blowing a 9.5 point lead but stranger things have happened.I'm also wondering if the Sportbike class will evolve into a international series,Aprilia seem to be taking it seriously with Colombi coming over from Italy for each round,there was also a Aprilia mounted Belgian rider on the podium yesterday so 'Continental' riders & teams are aware of the class.
Skub

Post by Skub »

Phew,that was all round drama,some of the best racing ever! :shock: 8-)
Walt Whitman
ChrisW

Post by ChrisW »

Superb! Just finished watching it.

Makes the WSBK Superpole the 2nd best race I've seen this weekend, by a long way!
wull

Post by wull »

It’s the nature of the circuit. One of the best circuits for down to the wire finishes, love it.
formula400

Post by formula400 »

Just watched it, Fing brilliant, they way they kept losing hr rears and the amount they slide those beasts, fair play to Kyle, the lad smashed it.

Would love to see some photos of Tommys bike when it was making those shapes, he didn’t even back off.
Bustaspoke

Post by Bustaspoke »

What a excellent advert for the BSB championship! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Last year's championship was full of drama & somehow this year's also hit the same dizzy heights,I love watching BSB.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Witham said it was best race he'd ever seen.
Skub

Post by Skub »

Greg Haines sounded like he was sucking helium at times. :lol:

Great to see local lad Scott Swann bag another win,that was 5 in the superstock class this season. Davy Todd took the championship from Joe Talbot. I thnk all three of them are off to bsb superbikes next year.
Walt Whitman
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Cracking weekends racing in all the classes but the Superbike dust up between Kyle and Tommy was superb throughout the weekend.

I was surprised to see Luke Stapleford go for dry tyres on saturday as it was a huge gamble when the safe option was wets ...congrats to Kennedy for 5 titles in supersport, shame he cant quite translate it to the bigger class.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

What's happening here then?
Attachments
FB_IMG_1728977297660.jpg
FB_IMG_1728977297660.jpg (110.11 KiB) Viewed 103 times