Insignificant/ Significant things that BYP or just wind you up a little

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
David

Re: Insignificant/ Significant things that BYP or just wind you up a little

Post by David »

Felix wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2024 12:46 am
gremlin wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2024 10:44 am Have you noticed how some hotels are finally installing USB charging points in rooms? :thumbup:

Just when the world has moved on to USB-C charging cables. :thumbdown:
I am sure the wall socket end is still the same.
No...theey often come with the new usb-c on both ends.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

David wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2024 8:17 am
gremlin wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2024 10:44 am Have you noticed how some hotels are finally installing USB charging points in rooms? :thumbup:

Just when the world has moved on to USB-C charging cables. :thumbdown:
The Law of the Sod dictates that whatever you have brought won't bloody well fit whatever the hotel has decided to fit.
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Sunny

Post by Sunny »

gremlin wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2024 10:09 am

The Law of the Sod dictates that whatever you have brought won't bloody well fit whatever the hotel has decided to fit.
I always carry both. And a plug. #Prepper
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Sunny wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2024 10:30 am

Yeah, but you're a bird and thus more organised and pragmatic than us blokes. We'd bring a multitool and think it covers all situations. :D
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

gremlin wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2024 10:59 am
Sunny wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2024 10:30 am

Yeah, but you're a bird and thus more organised and pragmatic than us blokes. We'd bring a multitool and think it covers all situations. :D

:wave: :wave: :wave:

Obviously not all birds are!! :angelic-green: :angelic-green:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Todays BMP has been dealing with the fucking French - not in a good way :roll: :roll:

I didn’t do learning/revising with anyone for the exams because every time I asked someone they managed to find another group to work with. I do get that it’s difficult with a non native speaker. But of the two of us with obvious foreign accents I think I’m fairly easy to understand

Today we have to work in groups. So, after asking questions and being ignored and talked over constantly, I have a bit of a meltdown. One guys walked off, the other backed down and the girl kinda ignored it. The stroppy one was obviously not happy when he came back but hey ho

I’m seriously not happy working in a group that is so fucking dysfunctional! At least the next exercise is solo!!

This is after 6weeks of being interrupted/talked over/cut off pretty much anytime I’m having a conversation with anyone in my group. If I talk to people from other groups it doesn’t seem to happen. Just feels like my group think it’s ok to ignore anything I have to say.

Most French I get on with pretty well. But here?? Not so much :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack:

On top of that I found out that the ‘health issues’ a family member (not my brother, another person) has been having are actually a heart attack and now carrying some spray with I strictions that “if that doesn’t work, call 999”

FFS - my family is like the old secret service for sharing in. “It’s need to know and you don’t “ :roll:

I so want to go back to my mountain and do a snow dance!! 🤣
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

My son's uni rent is due soon, a few weeks back I set up a continuous payment authority on a card when the deposit was paid, all fine and normal so far with the first big payment due on the 10th.
Yesterday they sent him poorly-written email saying it had changed and would be sent a new email today (suspiciously a day earlier than the CPA) with a button to pay. The email even said 'this isn't a scam', yeah right.
The email turns up today, no card payment option and no direct transfer to a named account. The only option was to give way too many details to some American FX company, accept it's very long terms and conditions and then allow it access to my bank account. I think there was an option to print something out to take into my nonexistent bank branch.
Banks spend loads of effort to find ways to make banking more secure then twat companies like this come along and try their hardest to find a way to break it. I guess they stand to save a couple of quid while I'm risking a few thousand accepting their iffy T&C's.
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

I'm on a roll...
Jakeman's menthol lozenges £1.50 in both Morrisons and Lidl. Sounds fine but in one shop that gets you 160g of sweets and the other 73g. :wtf:
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

Wifey is pissed and being really fucking annoying.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Pirahna wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2024 8:04 pm Wifey is pissed and being really fucking annoying.
Go online and do some buying.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Pirahna wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2024 8:04 pm Wifey is pissed and being really fucking annoying.
My Son is the same. I was watching something but he's just talking absolute bollocks over it! :roll:
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Yorick wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2024 8:14 pm
Sounds like a good idea. :thumbup:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Taipan wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2024 8:42 pm
Yorick wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2024 8:14 pm
Sounds like a good idea. :thumbup:
Sir would like this for the garden...
Feast-It-Shandy-Shack-Event-Catering-Mobile-Bar-Shandy-Unique-Bar-Book-Now-one.png
Feast-It-Shandy-Shack-Event-Catering-Mobile-Bar-Shandy-Unique-Bar-Book-Now-one.png (912.89 KiB) Viewed 355 times
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

I'm supposed to be building a garden shelter thing and have been meaning to get round to it for the last 5 years no. You cant rush these things, its all in the planning... :?
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Parking apps, or more appropriately cunting councils that don't give you any other way to pay for your parking other than with an app :angry-cussingblack:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Group working with 'adults' on a course!!

Ok, I'm probably not the best at group work but equally, I do try quite hard.

But, foreign language, all three other group members had retests last week; one wouldn't listen to anyone else then got pissy, another also has some issues with reading french and the third speaks so quietly I have no idea how anyone hears her!! - I'm sure the list could go on, but I don't want to get any more peeved!! LOL

We started the week wrong as Mr NotListening decided how we would do the project and it wasn't how we should. So then I called the group out as I was totally sidelined and couldn't even work on it on my own as couldn't get them to share the info they were deciding (this all in the first day!)

Second day, someone else in the group realised we were not following the required process. So, more grumpiness and then got started eventually.

Third day was the driving exams for the three - spread out over the day. So I tried to catch up a bit.

Fourth day was basically other training, so we didn't get the chance to work together :roll: and it was results day and Mr Grumpy actually din't come back to class after the results (he failed)

No one else was really involved Thursday and Friday, so I ended up with all the paperwork. I did my other homework yesterday (question mark over some of it as couldn't hear the instructor properly due to her wearing a mask and everyone else chatting while she was talking so am not totally sure what one of the tacho machine symbols means in terms of waiting/rest!!).

Today I tried to get into the project to catch up. Not so easy!! LOL The grumpy man planned a really horrible route and I'm trying to follow the map/google to confirm the route, write down the lefts, rights, roundabouts etc in a way that can be understood :( :(

I gave up so for a break I've driven to the hotel and am back doing homework for a couple of hours . FFS!! Almost no one in the room is ever going to need this skill but we have to pass it :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack:
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

MrLongbeard wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2024 3:16 pm Parking apps, or more appropriately cunting councils that don't give you any other way to pay for your parking other than with an app :angry-cussingblack:
The really annoying ones use an app that no one has ever heard of rather than the 5 cluttering up your phone. A bonus point if the car park doesn't have a signal.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Non-hinged fuel tank caps.

Filling up the bike a mile from home after doing some more running in miles.

Fumbled the cap, dropped it on the tank and it's taken three chips out of the (very thin) paint... with 201 miles on the clock :(
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Someone at school has shared a sodding bastard cold :( :( Currently have a sore throat and the runny nose is starting :(

A bit annoying for school, might have to find out a mask, but not sure if everyone else will do that too??

But seriously annoying as I have a date on Thursday :angry-cussingblack: So, will be heading to the pharmacy in the lunch break tomorrow to get the meds to stop eyes and nose running and then see if I have to tell him on Weds that I'm ill and does he still want to meet up :( :( Gutted - been looking forward to the date for a week now :( :(
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Noggin wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2024 4:34 pm
But seriously annoying as I have a date on Thursday :angry-cussingblack: So, will be heading to the pharmacy in the lunch break tomorrow to get the meds to stop eyes and nose running and then see if I have to tell him on Weds that I'm ill and does he still want to meet up :( :( Gutted - been looking forward to the date for a week now :( :(
Fluff up the fun bags and put a short skirt on. He'll be putty in your hands.