What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Horse

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Horse »

Taipan wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 1:13 pm How it works is, us mere mortals are expected to be dealt with within 4 hours, but paramedics have a 30 minute response time and rightly so.
There have been occasions when I've phoned the ambulance control and don't get the call answered :D
I felt bad having a emergency crew tied up for that amount of time especially as I overheard calls for response to other situations being called for, but they couldn't respond
Flip side of your previous experience ...

Once or twice I've received messages (sent to everyone logged on) asking for a crew who might be available for a specific [really] urgent call.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Horse wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 1:53 pm
Taipan wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 1:13 pm How it works is, us mere mortals are expected to be dealt with within 4 hours, but paramedics have a 30 minute response time and rightly so.
There have been occasions when I've phoned the ambulance control and don't get the call answered :D
I felt bad having a emergency crew tied up for that amount of time especially as I overheard calls for response to other situations being called for, but they couldn't respond
Flip side of your previous experience ...

Once or twice I've received messages (sent to everyone logged on) asking for a crew who might be available for a specific [really] urgent call.
Yes, these two wanted to get back to work, unlike the last two.

I think thats what this was and in a local street too. Think they said contact OC (operational control?)
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Busy, busy, busy :obscene-birdiedoublered:

Three mile walk with dog early on

Up to see missus on GSXR.

900m swim

Another 2 mile dog walk.

9 mile cycle.

Was absolutely knackered on cycle coz of wind. I fell into the pool as my legs had gone :obscene-birdiedoublered:

Lucky it was warm and stayed in a while :D

Still got it :obscene-birdiedoublered:
cheb

Post by cheb »

Rearranged my travel plans again because of ferry cancellations.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I went to the valley to get some drugs (prescribed!! LOL And yes, I can drive and take them!! LOL), some coffee and to have a chat with a mate in her shop

Damn she makes some good stuff!! First time I've seen Chicken Pie in the fridge so had to bring one home to try - OMG - AWESOME!!!

Caught up with a couple of friends whilst I was there then came home via some friends in 1800 that have just got back from the UK. Lovely chat cos they are about the only people up here that I can just say what I'm thinking without funny looks or a tumbleweed situation!! :lol: So we had a catch up on whats been going on here (the texts from a French and the driving course!! And my application for housing up here!! :lol: ) then I came home

I did have a plan, but I've actually just chilled for the afternoon. Got a stupid o'clock start on Monday, so I am going to be up very early tomorrow and plan to do the stuff I didn't do this afternoon! I've even made a list :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Heater on in the bathroom to dry the washing I didn't do last week, so I can hang up this week's washing!! LOL Kinda good cos it's bastard cold in here (heating won't go on until 14th December :( :( )

Watching the sunset and loving where I live!! :D :D :D :wub: :wub:
Last edited by Noggin on Sat Oct 05, 2024 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
asmethurst99

Post by asmethurst99 »

Packed in work for 3 weeks off to meet the bread knife in Narita tomorrow via Hong Kong.
Can’t wait but I’m looking forward to a lie in before heading to Heathrow
Sunny

Post by Sunny »

Went out on the bike 😊

I also had a chat with my neighbour, who's run a market gardening business from his land for years, but has now stopped and is slowing down a bit, and who I suddenly remembered has an old Fergie. 🚜
Sadly (or not, depending on your viewpoint), he's promised it to his son.
Bit disappointed, as during the chat about it he said it's got no brakes and the clutch is going, and that's exactly the kind of project I want. Ho hum. My tractor dreams will have to wait.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Just having some top scran by the beach. But curious what the huge star is above the moon.
This bit of sky is lighter than all the rest, but no others visible at all

Any clever bods?
20241005_201349.jpg
20241005_201349.jpg (1.64 MiB) Viewed 650 times
20241005_195812.jpg
20241005_195812.jpg (1.35 MiB) Viewed 650 times
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Yorick wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 8:16 pm Just having some top scran by the beach. But curious what the huge star is above the moon.

Any clever bods?

20241005_201349.jpg20241005_195812.jpg
Download a star map app on your phone and point it in the right direction, it should tell you.
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

KungFooBob wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 8:18 pm
Yorick wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 8:16 pm Just having some top scran by the beach. But curious what the huge star is above the moon.

Any clever bods?

20241005_201349.jpg20241005_195812.jpg
Download a star map app on your phone and point it in the right direction, it should tell you.
My guess would have been the ISS but this says it's over the States.
https://spotthestation.nasa.gov/tracking_map.cfm
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

2 days building a shed, I'm fooked!
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Spiffed up the F350 for tomorrows day out. First stop is the RockStore, then over to a friends place in Camarillo where he houses his 140+ bike collection & is hosting the Two Stroke Extravaganza for the second year. Then off to the Sagebrush as a friends band is playing in the afternoon.
Ate a rather splendid snorker butty :)
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Mussels wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 8:25 pm My guess would have been the ISS but this says it's over the States.
https://spotthestation.nasa.gov/tracking_map.cfm
It also hauls ass at around 17,500mph & goes from horizon to horizon in around 6 minutes when it passes directly overhead.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Woke up stupidly early so I've cleaned the bathroom (properly, not just waved a broom and cloth around!). Done a bit of tidying. Watched the MotoGP

Whilst the GP was in the last throes, I got to watch the sunrise. Was fooled into thinking it was going to be a sunny day, but the cloud has just started to come over. But hey - it's dry, so heading to the valley soon (ish! My mates shop is opening at midday today, and I think it's too cold to ride for that long!! I don't have any winter gear!!)

Anyway - gratuitous sunrise shots :wub: (the blue dildo has found a mate :( ) But, despite the blue dildos on the terrace over there, I bloody LOVE this view!!

Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Ditchfinder

Post by Ditchfinder »

Fella who came to look at the Guzzi I'd either time wasting tyre kicker or was casing the joint.

Fannyed around with the Himalayan hunting for the noisy rattle(s), discovered more corrosion on the engine casings under the sump guard. Put the new lock set on that came with it and now have a working steering lock. Destroyed a few more corroded fasteners along the way.
'07 Griso 1100 (for sale), '94 Sprint 900, the scabbiest Himalayan in the country
Sunny

Post by Sunny »

Stacked a load of wood.

Cleared/rearranged enough space in the shed to re-home the mower. Which also means the garage will be starting to get cleared :obscene-drinkingcheers:

Had a chat to some deer stalkers in the woods next to us - I will be continuing my mission to make things a bit harder for them by walking on any deer tracks I see. 😇 I like seeing our local deer (we have roe, fallow, and muntjac), although I also like eating venison tbf.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Tough day out on the bike today.
43km off-road with some ace bits and some proper slogs.

Sadly I've been struggling with some issues at the moment and I wasn't sure if I'd puke, shit my pants or give birth to an alien for most of the ride.

Finished it in 30th out of 58, which wasn't bad considering how fucking rubbish I was.
The only saving grace was that my tech riding was super, on the woods section I was flying and hitting everything with fun.

ImageIMG_20241006_145728 by steveweeks59, on Flickr
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Cleaned out the guttering :cry:
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

weeksy wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2024 8:09 pm Tough day out on the bike today.
43km off-road with some ace bits and some proper slogs.

Sadly I've been struggling with some issues at the moment and I wasn't sure if I'd puke, shit my pants or give birth to an alien for most of the ride.

Finished it in 30th out of 58, which wasn't bad considering how fucking rubbish I was.
The only saving grace was that my tech riding was super, on the woods section I was flying and hitting everything with fun.
Sorry to hear about the illness. Hope alls well fella. :thumbup:
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Was at the bike show today & hear heavy Radials, start looking to see where the sound is coming from & B29 *Doc* fly's right over where I was fixing the rear brakes on a friends ZRX12.
Me: Holy shit, a B29
Guy walking by: Damn, what were they used for?
Me: Nuking the Japs
*awkward silence* from him & another guy, everyone else was laughing.

While later I was on the patio of a restaurant near the airfield & it flew over 3 more times.

So I've now seen both airworthy B29's in flight.