Zzr1100d

Discussions and updates on your new bike, your new build, your wishes, wants and desires
Ssray

Re: Zzr1100d

Post by Ssray »

I've managed to get the last piston out, cleaned and back in.

Bleeding took ages, usually it's tap the lever and a few tiny bubbles appear, vacuum bleeder on one caliper the the other then bled normally.

I couldn't even get fluid from the top master cylinder bleed nipple.

So I put some hose on it, filled with fluid, I'd pump the lever a few times and then open the nipple and get a bit of air out, then I'd have the bleed nipple open and allow it to suck fluid in, it looks like I had a air lock.

Took ages to bleed and I've still got a squash lever, I've tied it back overnight and we will see in the morning
Ssray

Post by Ssray »

I'm going to remove the master cylinder and ultrasonic clean it and see what happens, on a conventional master cylinder you can see the two holes that fluid goes through, I can't on these ones
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Ssray wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 4:24 pm I'm going to remove the master cylinder and ultrasonic clean it and see what happens, on a conventional master cylinder you can see the two holes that fluid goes through, I can't on these ones
Look again with better glasses....
Ssray

Post by Ssray »

ve just refitted it and bled the system.

It's been in the ultrasound cleaner for about an hour, I've shone a bright torch through the tiny holes in it and got light the other side, not sure if it allowed light before though as I don't check.

Raining and up at 0220 tomorrow, test ride will have to wait
Ssray

Post by Ssray »

Different glasses used...
Managed to Go for a ride and......no difference

So start off good lever feel, not much movement before the brakes bite, at a standstill brakes on hard push forewood and release them they release really well, no sound or scraping.

Did about a mile the discs were slightly warmer but not hot.

Went a bit further and stopped again,the discs were warmer on the R/h side

Up the dual carriageway and parked up deffo quite warm now, not too hot to touch so I head home, lost the movement in the lever fairly near home, at home the R/h disc was pretty warm not too hot to touch, the lever had no movement before the brakes bit and pushing it down the drive there is noise of the brakes rubbing

The pads were pretty warm too .

I'm guessing the pads are dragging (just rebuilt and lubed) the master cylinder appears as clean as possible as it's been ultrasound cleaned for an hour, used a torch to check all holes were clear.

I'm sure the pads are sticking, heating up and warming the fluid enough to increase the pressure, not sure why.

I've got a brembo master cylinder arriving soon ..........
Skub

Post by Skub »

Ssray wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 10:20 am I've got a brembo master cylinder arriving soon ..........
Sounds like a plan. :thumbup:
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Swap pads between callipers, see if the opposite disc heats up.
Ssray

Post by Ssray »

KungFooBob wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 10:31 am Swap pads between callipers, see if the opposite disc heats up.
These are the original pads, only just passable I'd put new ebc ones then the problem started