Insignificant/ Significant things that BYP or just wind you up a little

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Mr. Dazzle

Re: Insignificant/ Significant things that BYP or just wind you up a little

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Yeah waiting too long at junctions, crawling at 7mph sure. Not driving at 46mph in a 30 to keep up with everyone else :D
Horse

Post by Horse »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2024 8:45 am
David wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 4:18 pm I failed the first one for sticking to speed limits......
My Mum still argues that you can be done (in the UK) for "not keeping up with the traffic" regardless of any speeding laws :D
... Or causing an obstruction?

Like when you're followed by a traffic cop for 20 miles and do nothing wrong. It's an offence. Wasting police time :)
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Bigjawa

Post by Bigjawa »

Whoever decides to schedule roadworks in NI.

There are 3 main roads into Omagh, one is from Cookstown, the A505, one from Ballygawley A5 northbound, one from Derry, A5 Southbound.

Now these aren't like a UK big A road, they're single carriageways. So some absolute tool decided to close the A505 for roadworks (it was closed for 7 weeks last year) Close the A4 heading to Enniskillen and divert everything through Omagh via the A5 north then they stick 3 sets of temporary lights on said A5 north. An hour and a half to travel 13 miles. And when you finally get through the lights, some geriatric shit kicker in a tractor sails out in front of everyone and plods along at 12 mph.

Cunts.
McNab

Post by McNab »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2024 8:45 am
David wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 4:18 pm I failed the first one for sticking to speed limits......
My Mum still argues that you can be done (in the UK) for "not keeping up with the traffic" regardless of any speeding laws :D
Yeah, that's bullshit. It specifically says on the NIP that keeping up with the traffic is not a valid reason. :thumbdown:
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Young people.

When did I get so old?

Coldplay song comes on the radio, 20 something guy in the office says "they can bugger off, I couldn't get any tickets this weekend".

To which I reply "Iron Maiden tickets went live this weekend, they're much better than Coldplay".

His response... "Who?"

He'd honestly never heard of them.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

KungFooBob wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 12:33 pm Young people.

When did I get so old?

Coldplay song comes on the radio, 20 something guy in the office says "they can bugger off, I couldn't get any tickets this weekend".

To which I reply "Iron Maiden tickets went live this weekend, they're much better than Coldplay".

His response... "Who?"

He'd honestly never heard of them.
In fairness, that's like not being able to get tickets for the Chelsea Flower Show and somebody suggesting that tickets for a Civil War Reenactment are available. :D
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Both involve a bunch of dressed up pansies putting a show TBF.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I've posted somewhere that I right royally failed (FUBAR'd) my mock 'plateau' exam on Friday. I know that, I've studied and am continuing to study.

Also, over the weekend the only human contact I had was a ten minute chat with a mate outside the corner corner shop :o So I think I stressed/worried enough this weekend.

This morning when our tutor saw us all waiting for the exam, I was laughing with a couple of fellow students. Later in the afternoon she commented that she did think that seeing me laughing on the Monday morning after such an incredibly bad score on the exam was a bit of a surprise, she thought I should have been more serious :shock:

Ok, I get it - to a point. If I'd been partying and ignoring the fail all weekend etc, fair point. But she has no idea what my home situation is and I feel that was a smidge over judgemental!! (But she has been a bit like that to me the whole course so far :roll: )

I do soooooo very much want to pass with flying colours on the next two exams!! :obscene-birdiedoublered:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Horse

Post by Horse »

Fingers crossed for you. 'Bad dress rehearsal' and all that!
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Horse wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 6:22 pm Fingers crossed for you. 'Bad dress rehearsal' and all that!
Thanx. And hope so! TBF, I've never learned well in advance; for some reason I intake better under stress - and of course, I'll be doing the revising closer to the exam, so, big crossing of fingers!! :D :D
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

I was told today I should try battered chips as they are next level! :wtf: I had to google it as I didn't believe it, but they are indeed a thing. :crazy:

Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Another day another dawdling ambulance crew. "No rush, take your time. Have something to eat as you could be some time in A&E"! That maybe true, but shouldn't you be focused getting the patient to hospital so you can attend another emergency? :crazy:
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Taipan wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 11:52 am Another day another dawdling ambulance crew. "No rush, take your time. Have something to eat as you could be some time in A&E"! That maybe true, but shouldn't you be focused getting the patient to hospital so you can attend another emergency? :crazy:
They not entitled to a meal break? :shock:
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

gremlin wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 11:57 am
Taipan wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 11:52 am Another day another dawdling ambulance crew. "No rush, take your time. Have something to eat as you could be some time in A&E"! That maybe true, but shouldn't you be focused getting the patient to hospital so you can attend another emergency? :crazy:
No, that's what they told the patient!
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Taipan wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 12:07 pm

Aah. With ya.

Mind you, in fairness, they could be sued if they didn't let somebody have enough food to last a 2-week wait in A+E, which seems to be the norm these days.
Horse

Post by Horse »

Ambulance crews don't rush.

I've only seen it twice:
- stroke patient, checked loaded and away ASAP
- a large box of donuts available

If the welfare of the patient is important, mentally and physically preparing them for a long wait could be important. Plus, if handovers are delayed, the crew could be there for hours too :(
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

AFAIK they can't leave the patient until A&E are ready to accept them anyway, so it doesn't really matter how soon they get there if they know they're gonna wait!
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 12:48 pm

AFAIK they can't leave the patient until A&E are ready to accept them anyway, so it doesn't really matter how soon they get there if they know they're gonna wait!
At our hospital there is never, ever not a queue! But handover is supposed to be 15 to 30 minutes, but careful timing will see a timely end to your shift rather than being sent back out again. After a long shift I can relate to wanting that, the heart attack/stoke/RTA etc patient less so I expect...

Worrying..
AACE wrote:The nationally defined target for hospitals included in the NHS Standard Contract states that all handovers between ambulance and A&E must take place within 15 minutes, with none waiting more than 30 minutes. Since April 2018, an average of 190,000 handovers have missed this target every month (accounting for around half of all handovers) while in September 2021 over 208,000 exceeded the 15-minute target.
https://aace.org.uk/hospital-handovers/
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Electric scooters. Ok, probably not all of them but there seem to be a ridiculous number of people riding them with no helmet (ok, probably not required, but it's going as fast as an actual scooter quite often, and cyclists tend to wear a helmet now!) and also - WTF do they ride in a cycle lane but THE WRONG DIRECTION/SIDE OF THE ROAD???

TBF, I've seen some cyclists do that too. Never seen it before, maybe it's a Chambéry thing?

But the scooters have zero concern for themselves. Soooo many just zip around with no thought for vehicules or pedestrians. How do more not die?? (Not that I'd wish that on anyone, but FFS, they are mental!! )
Taff

Post by Taff »

Yeah, in the grand scheme of things people using my drive to turn around is a pretty regular thing that irks me just a little bit, but when they flatten my recycling boxes I aggressively raise an eyebrow :eh:

sound on for the full effect.