Would you have an electric car if you had the money for a new car and were in the market for one?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Horse

Re: Would you have an electric car if you had the money for a new car and were in the market for one?

Post by Horse »

cheb wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 6:57 am A drop side flat bed would be even better for that load. The load could be forked on too.
Unlike in the pic, where the owner is probably forked off :)
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Pirahna

Re: Would you have an electric car if you had the money for a new car and were in the market for one?

Post by Pirahna »

cheb wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 6:57 am A drop side flat bed would be even better for that load. The load could be forked on too.
The Cybertruck has a 6ft (1.8m) bed, my swb VW T6 has a max load length of 3m, which by the look of it would accommodate that lot.

It'll take over 3m long loads if they'll fit diagonally, I had a couple of 3.5m trees it in last week.
cheb

Post by cheb »

Mine is 2.8m I think. Anything longer can just hang out the back, I've an old high viz waistcoat to make it legit.

A giraffe hatch was an option on small Renault vans, it was a openable flap in the roof in front of the rear doors.
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

Hard to tell from that picture but for what its worth, my Hiace would (assuming I'd not fitted my toolsafe in the back) fit 3m flat in the back without having to have the tailgate open.

Unless I was pulling a trailer I just cant see much point in pickups.
High to lift gear into, whatever is in the back is exposed to the weather and prying eyes.

Just not for me anyway.