Online competitions for cars, bikes and tech goodies.

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Taipan

Re: Online competitions for cars, bikes and tech goodies.

Post by Taipan »

I have a sneaky hankering for a convertible Porsche, in pretty much any guise really. So when this popped up on RevComps I thought i'll bag a ticket, but then I saw the interior! :sick: Looks like an 80s Golf GTi and not in a good way! Is this some sort of base model?

The wheels are a gopping colour too...

https://www.revcomps.com/product/2016-p ... ible-1000/
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

Coming back to a convertible parked in the sun with the roof down and black leather seats is not the best experience.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Love it :D

Gotta be a bit of a Porsche fanboy to go for the classic houndstooth though :thumbup: That's a cost option that is. :obscene-birdiedoublered:
Taipan wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 11:57 am Image
Potter

Post by Potter »

Taipan wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 11:57 am I have a sneaky hankering for a convertible Porsche, in pretty much any guise really. So when this popped up on RevComps I thought i'll bag a ticket, but then I saw the interior! :sick: Looks like an 80s Golf GTi and not in a good way! Is this some sort of base model?

That's been done as an aftermarket thing to make it look retro, the Porsche retro style cars are usually done in something along those lines because that was a look that was popular..

https://www.psautomobile.de/en/st-gallery/

I saw that Boxster and it looks like someone has taken pride of ownership, however, I like you Tiepin and this thread is one of the reasons I visit to see what's up for grabs, so I thought I'd post to save you from yourself, it's a 2.0L Turbo engine and aside from the lag from a turbo engine (yes you can feel it) it's pretty uninspiring because IMO you don't buy a Porsche for a 2.0L Turbo, you might as well buy something with cheaper parts and maintenance.
The 718 era Cayman and Boxster does have a couple of interesting versions with different engines, but in general they are a Porsche for your mum or an accountant, IT nerd, etc, or someone that is transitioning from an MX5 and occasionally dresses up in his wife's clothes whilst she's out shopping.

Mind you....you did have a Harley, so I've got my eye on you :lol:

I've got three Porsches now, gnarly mens Porsches, if you really want one I can steer you in the right direction.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Potter wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 4:23 am
Taipan wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 11:57 am I have a sneaky hankering for a convertible Porsche, in pretty much any guise really. So when this popped up on RevComps I thought i'll bag a ticket, but then I saw the interior! :sick: Looks like an 80s Golf GTi and not in a good way! Is this some sort of base model?

That's been done as an aftermarket thing to make it look retro, the Porsche retro style cars are usually done in something along those lines because that was a look that was popular..

I saw that Boxster and it looks like someone has taken pride of ownership, however, I like you Tiepin and this thread is one of the reasons I visit to see what's up for grabs, so I thought I'd post to save you from yourself, it's a 2.0L Turbo engine and aside from the lag from a turbo engine (yes you can feel it) it's pretty uninspiring because IMO you don't buy a Porsche for a 2.0L Turbo, you might as well buy something with cheaper parts and maintenance.
The 718 era Cayman and Boxster does have a couple of interesting versions with different engines, but in general they are a Porsche for your mum or an accountant, IT nerd, etc, or someone that is transitioning from an MX5 and occasionally dresses up in his wife's clothes whilst she's out shopping.

Mind you....you did have a Harley, so I've got my eye on you :lol:

I've got three Porsches now, gnarly mens Porsches, if you really want one I can steer you in the right direction.
Lol, perhaps I could fit punisher hub caps ad Willie G trim in it! :D

After copping 6 points the other year I pretty much drive everywhere on cruise control set at the speed limit! :( So I'd probably find a flat 6 depressing as i'd not dare use it. :thumbdown: But yes the sound of one would be missed if I had the 2.0.I think i'll keep my £25...
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Taipan wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 8:09 pm 1972 Kawasaki H2 750cc
In excellent condition
Freshly painted
Fitted with Higgspeed pipes
Sounds awesome!
Tax and MOT exempt
Free UK mainland delivery

https://www.theclassiccompetitioncompan ... 0-in-cash/

Just in case this is on anyone's radar...
CCC wrote:Closing Tonight at 8.00pm
Win This Stunning 1972 Kawasaki H2 750cc.
Undersold.. For 25% Off This H2 Use Code: 1972H2
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Camper for me! :thumbup:

49p a ticket and you get to choose between the 2017 Mercedes-Benz GLC350d + 2019 HOBBY 720 PRESTIGE TWIN AXLE 6 BERTH OR THE 2020 Elddis Majestic 194 4 Berth Coachbuilt Motorhome

https://www.nitrouscompetitions.com/com ... s/getaway/
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Double pikey win. :thumbup:
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

gremlin wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 12:38 pm Double pikey win. :thumbup:
I'm getting magnetic signs for mine with Taipans driveways & patios on! :thumbup:
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

MrLongbeard wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 1:21 pm
Taipan wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 12:37 pm A Porsche for the yogurt weavers! 😁

https://www.revcomps.com/product/2021-p ... ycan-2000/
Crikey, that's not depreciated it's sunk like a stone, even taking into account RC and the dealer making an extra bit of profit
2021 PORSCHE TAYCAN + £2K OR £40K
Funnily enough, I just watched this. Not sure it'll embed, but click on it and it should go to FB ...

Potter

Post by Potter »

They're very fast and really quite nice, but depreciation is horrendous.
Porsche were using them as bargaining chips, e.g. buy three Taycans off us and we'll sell you a GT3RS, then the Taycans got dumped on the market cheap.

I went to look at a PTS Tacan Turbo, the one I looked at was just over £180k new with all the options and was a year old, it had depreciated by about 65%, it was an incredible car, but I bought another petrol 911 instead whilst I still can.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Classic!

Our 1970 Jaguar E-Type Series 2 is in the 2+2 configuration, meaning it has a stretched wheelbase and the addition of rear seats. While the standard E-Type was a pure two-seater, the 2+2 was designed with a slightly more practical approach in mind, making it a more versatile choice for drivers who wanted the thrill of driving a sports car but also needed the option to carry passengers—or, at the very least, extra luggage.

The 2+2 configuration involved extending the wheelbase by 9 inches compared to the two-seater model. The addition of rear seats also slightly altered the E-Type’s iconic silhouette, giving it a longer, more elongated appearance.

This particular E-Type has been known to us for several years. The Bridge Classic Cars workshop team have maintained this stunning classic since 2021 and it has always been an admired part of the workshop collection and whoever is lucky enough to win it will have a fantastic classic for long road trips.

4.2-litre straight six engine
4-speed manual gearbox with overdrive
Known and looked after by Bridge Classic Cars since 2021
Recently completed a 1000-mile road trip from the UK to Spain
Finished in a stunning dark green with a sand leather interior
Bridge Classic Cars pre-delivery inspection

https://www.bridgeclassiccarscompetitio ... 1fef2193db
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

99p a ticket. Sportsbikes aren't my thing at all but I have to say Ducati do nail it with the looks of one! :wub:

https://dreamcargiveaways.co.uk/competi ... 5IA3SzRCIQ

Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Shooting break and shooting lodge? Lovely bit of rental income on this!

Win this Luxury Lodge & 2024 BMW M3 Touring & £10,000 or £235,000 Tax Free
or £235,000 cash alternative

https://dreamcargiveaways.co.uk/competi ... m3-touring

Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Aspires one is very undersold and finishes tomorrow (drawn Wednesday) and click competitions have one too. I,d like Xclusives spider though.

https://www.clickcompetitions.co.uk/competition/720s/