RC8 ??

Anything you like about motorbikes
Whysub

Re: RC8 ??

Post by Whysub »

What my former RC8-R looked like a few weeks ago under tye ownership of my mate. Glad he is taking care of it.
My RC8-R August 2024.jpg
My RC8-R August 2024.jpg (854.45 KiB) Viewed 147 times
Odd to think that this design is nearly 20 years old
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Damn that does look smart though.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
Plato
mboy

Post by mboy »

Whysub wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 1:40 pm I'm 5'7" with an 29" inside leg, and the bikes were fine for me, the adjustability helps enormously. The only issue I ever hsd was getting it out of a packed parking bay, as the lock isn't great.
Genuinely surprised regarding you got on ok with it at that inside leg... It's not a small bike!

The steering lock is way better on them than most sports bikes to be fair, I was actually quite shocked how good it was when I had mine having been used to Aprilia's, Ducati's and more recently a Yamaha MT-10 all with much worse steering lock...
mboy

Post by mboy »

Whysub wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 9:36 pm What my former RC8-R looked like a few weeks ago under tye ownership of my mate. Glad he is taking care of it.

They still look epic... They could bring it back tomorrow and it would still look futuristic!

Arguably the best 2 wheeled design ever to have been penned, and I say this as an owner of a Ducati 748!
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Whysub wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 9:29 pm My R was 2012 registered, but it was a late 2010 build, so didn't have the slipper clutch. It did have lighter forged wheels and uprated WP suspendion front and rear. I had it set up to take my weight by a KTM technician, which made it noticeably better than when I rode it in. Very similar to the RC8 on the road, but think the differences would be more noticeably on the track thsn on potholed roads.

A few more bhp ( but not sure you could notice them) and a few more cc. Thinking back, the clutch was less grabby than the standard bike, but I must have got used to the on/off nature of it, as only notice riding the two back to back.
Brakes were the same, maybe different pad compounds, but I never noticed a difference in them under heavy braking.

Neither had ABS, or Traction Control, or Rider Modes, and both had quite a raw feeling engine compared to other V-twins I owned. I suppose its like comparing a TVR with a Jaguar DB7.

Getting all nostalgic about the KTM's now.
Sounds bloody awesome and I really don’t think I’d notice the power difference!! But the description of the engine - I’m sitting here grinning 😀

Whysub wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 9:36 pm What my former RC8-R looked like a few weeks ago under tye ownership of my mate. Glad he is taking care of it.

My RC8-R August 2024.jpg

:wub:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde: