In todays news...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
Screwdriver

Re: In todays news...

Post by Screwdriver »

weeksy wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 9:07 pm Because I have to babysit you. Respond or not, it won't change my opinion.
If you're taking that as criticism then that says more about you than it does me. It's actually well meaning advice to try and show you what you've become.
Think of it as telling an alcoholic that he's a cantankerous old drunk, is that criticism, hmmmm not always.

You're right, the bike stuff isn't for in here, but there's other sections too, post all about it on one

We used to love when you renovated Vices etc.... remember those days.
Yeah, must be annoying for you every time I respond to personal insults attacking me personally rather than the substance of my posts - and it happens so often too.

One of these days you might stop to think about cause and effect. Meanwhile I guess it's so much easier to just boot me off the forum.

I mean, did YOU know Finland only became independent from Russia in 1917? That's quite interesting especially now that they only recently decided to join NATO. The Baltic states are also making noises about joining in too

So this proxy war with Russia is starting to become rather worrying isn't it? Something has to give and the US still appear to be determined to goad Russia into full scale war. It does not take the prescience of Nostradamus to conclude something big is in the offing but my worry is - who cares?

YOU don't seem to care and that's fine but what about our corporate globalist masters, do they care? Or do they see it as a potential opportunity to make vast sums of money beyond even their wildest dreams.

What about whoever it is running the Biden administration, do they care? A large lobby group will of course be the military industrial complex, I guess we can safely assume their attitude is, the more war the better. Plus if the powers that be don't think they can install Kamala Harris as the so called democratic choice of the people, then they will find some other way to cling on to power having failed to assassinate their obvious competition. History suggests a good method is to start a decent war...
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
Plato
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Screwdriver wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 10:08 pm Meanwhile I guess it's so much easier to just boot me off the forum.
I've not booted you off the forum

You've been banned multiple times for infractions of the rules.

If you were booted off the forum you wouldn't be able to post.

Anyway, you're not listening so I'll leave you to it.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Screwdriver wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 8:35 pm those who thought it was all tinfoilhattery until of course, the worst happened - yeah, lookin' at you DefTrap...
As you mentioned me.
Istr you claimed the invasion would be because Trump wasn't there to stop it, which I thought was particularly hilarious.
So yeah, chalk that one up as a win if you like MysticMeg. :thumbup:

Like I said before, far keener on the spurious wins than the outrageous fails.
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

Just went looking for the lizards that are running Biden and came across this:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_2025
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Mr Moofo wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 8:39 am Just went looking for the lizards that are running Biden and came across this:
Yeah, and people think The Handmaid's Tale is fiction. :shock:
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

DefTrap wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 8:02 am
Screwdriver wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 8:35 pm those who thought it was all tinfoilhattery until of course, the worst happened - yeah, lookin' at you DefTrap...
As you mentioned me.
Istr you claimed the invasion would be because Trump wasn't there to stop it, which I thought was particularly hilarious.
So yeah, chalk that one up as a win if you like MysticMeg. :thumbup:

Like I said before, far keener on the spurious wins than the outrageous fails.
Funny how your recall works, after arguing the toss about whether or not Biden was showing clear signs of dementia, now you're claiming you knew all along. Anyhow we digress, here's what I actually said a year before Russia invaded:
DEADPOOL wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:15 am I thought it would be China first, going after Taiwan now the west no longer has a strong President in the US.

But it seems Russia will be making the first move.

America is now run by a shady backroom cabal of big tech, global corporations and (one assumes) the Obama/Clinton shadow cabinet. All they are interested in is helping themselves to truck loads of money and imposing their fantasy version of social morality. There is no world order any more. America is weak.

For anyone still wondering why the US so called election matters to us here, this is why...

...and here's what you said:

DefTrap wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:49 am No offence, but this is childish. The US has a new president, get over it.

Russia thinks it can start invading countries because yay the great military mastermind Trump is out the way? Yeah I've been so worried about that too.
So you were wrong then and you're wrong now, much as it appears you would like to claim otherwise.

Also that was a solid year before the invasion and a weak president was merely part of a fantastically complex geopolitical situation involving NATO alliances, Wagner Nazification and CIA interference etc. There was a LOT going on.

There were several intelligent conversations going on in that thread discussing the various, multiple warning signs.

You weren't part of those of course.
Plato
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Mr Moofo wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 8:39 am Just went looking for the lizards that are running Biden and came across this:
You know it's only the Democrat propaganda machine that takes "Project 2025" seriously right?

This out of the park Republican think tank is nothing to do with Trump. It is just that, a think tank where they come up with presumably idiotic ideas. I haven't bothered reading it since neither Trump nor Vance endorse it.

Not forgetting, Trump already has been president and if you can see by the Democrat gaslighting, his worst offence in office was not starting any new wars.

The Biden admin soon put paid to that...
Plato
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Screwdriver wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 9:11 am
You know it's only the Democrat propaganda machine that takes "Project 2025" seriously right?

This out of the park Republican think tank is nothing to do with Trump. It is just that, a think tank where they come up with presumably idiotic ideas. I haven't bothered reading it since neither Trump nor Vance endorse it.
Just LOL.

'Trump campaign officials have had regular contact with Project 2025, and told Politico in 2023 that the project aligned well with their Agenda 47 program, though they have said that the project does not speak for Trump or his campaign.[10][52][53][54]'
Voltaire
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Screwdriver wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 9:02 am

Funny how your recall works, after arguing the toss about whether or not Biden was showing clear signs of dementia, now you're claiming you knew all along. Anyhow we digress,
DefTrap wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:29 pm I'm pointing out that you now have a rubbish elderly president in biden and you previously had a rubbish elderly president in trump. But apparently you think the incumbent is worse. Not really.

There's reams and reams of nonsensical trump speeches that you could bore us with.

Until the US stops electing rubbish elderly presidents you're going to keep getting this garbage.
You didn't look very hard did you.? That's from 2021 by the way. Digress all you like if you're going to make it this easy.
Seriously - don't go down the route of "predicting" Biden's demise. Give yourself a break.
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Count Steer wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 9:23 am Just LOL.

'Trump campaign officials have had regular contact with Project 2025, and told Politico in 2023 that the project aligned well with their Agenda 47 program, though they have said that the project does not speak for Trump or his campaign.[10][52][53][54]'
LOL back atcha'

Says who exactly? Trump campaign officials? Seriously, what do you think that even means.
Plato
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Screwdriver wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 9:31 am
Count Steer wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 9:23 am Just LOL.

LOL back atcha'

Says who exactly? Trump campaign officials? Seriously, what do you think that even means.
I think it means that neither group can officially endorse the other otherwise the group behind Project 2025 would lose their charitable status and have to start paying tax. Also that the Trump campaign realise that some of the proposals might actually be vote losers so best not to dwell on them before 5th November.
Voltaire
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

DefTrap wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 9:28 am
Screwdriver wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 9:02 am

Funny how your recall works, after arguing the toss about whether or not Biden was showing clear signs of dementia, now you're claiming you knew all along. Anyhow we digress,
DefTrap wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:29 pm I'm pointing out that you now have a rubbish elderly president in biden and you previously had a rubbish elderly president in trump. But apparently you think the incumbent is worse. Not really.

There's reams and reams of nonsensical trump speeches that you could bore us with.

Until the US stops electing rubbish elderly presidents you're going to keep getting this garbage.
You didn't look very hard did you.? That's from 2021 by the way. Digress all you like if you're going to make it this easy.
Seriously - don't go down the route of "predicting" Biden's demise. Give yourself a break.
Oh I saw that non committal verbiage claiming Trump was worse than Biden.

Frankly I am surprised you would stand by that ridiculous opinion. Trump could stand at a podium in front of tens of thousands and extemporise for hours if the Democrats would stop shooting at him. Biden couldn't tell you what he had for breakfast without a teleprompter - "I'm not kidding".
Plato
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Count Steer wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 9:37 am I think it means that neither group can officially endorse the other otherwise the group behind Project 2025 would lose their charitable status and have to start paying tax. Also that the Trump campaign realise that some of the proposals might actually be vote losers so best not to dwell on them before 5th November.
LOL. OMG you actually believe that!

Jesus. OK well this two party system really is incredibly polarising. I'll be honest and put my hands up, I literally can't stand the sight of Kamala Harris, the witches cackle and her questionable competence.Difficult to say really because she has been more well hidden than even dopey Joe.

I mean, where the fuck even is Joe Biden? You know, that living corpse that is supposed to be running the USA. Trump would be tweeting out his nonsense like a machine gun and giving us all hours of entertainment every day. Has Biden ever even had an unscripted press conference? I mean, ever? Where is he now?

And where to fuck is this Kamala bimbo anyway. She is studiously avoiding any sort of interview.

I think people get so entrenched in their polarised opinion, they can't even countenance the idea of taking "the other side" seriously.

I know I certainly am. Then again, I'm on the right side...
Plato
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

Looks like the EU has slaughtered Ireland's cash cow.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/ckgwkwxr4eqo
“The Court of Justice gives final judgment in the matter and confirms the European Commission’s 2016 decision: Ireland granted Apple unlawful aid which Ireland is required to recover,” the court said.
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

Mussels wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 10:18 am Looks like the EU has slaughtered Ireland's cash cow.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/ckgwkwxr4eqo
“The Court of Justice gives final judgment in the matter and confirms the European Commission’s 2016 decision: Ireland granted Apple unlawful aid which Ireland is required to recover,” the court said.
About time too
Next go after Luxembourg

After the introduction of the new photo and finger print requirements, I am looking forward to all Irish citizens needing passports to come to the UK.
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

Interesting how they are blaming whistleblowers, maybe they should blame the CPS for rigging evidence.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/c05j4dng9q0t
BBC wrote:Lady Justice Thirlwall tells the hearing that since the Court of Appeal judgment rejecting Letby’s appeal was handed down, there has been a “huge outpouring of comment” from some quarters about the validity of her convictions.

Lady Thirlwall says this has come, as far as she is aware, almost entirely from people who did not attend the trial.

She says that “noise” has caused “enormous additional distress” to the parents of those babies.
The inquiry seems to be making assumptions and dismissing experts before it begins.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Screwdriver wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 9:50 am
I think people get so entrenched in their polarised opinion, they can't even countenance the idea of taking "the other side" seriously.

I don't have a side as such, I'm more of an interested observer having no dog in the fight that is US politics. I have a view on which side is the lesser of two evils but I'm more inclined to the 'democracy is dead' view than either of the apparent polar opposites. Social media has done much of the damage but, at the same time, nothing you or I say on here is going to shift so much as 1 American vote.

Having just read 'Politics on the Edge' by Rory Stewart it's confirmed my view that British politics is sick too. However, I don't believe that populists and chancers are the solution, more a greater sickness. No, I don't have the answers and the people that like to think they do haven't either.
Voltaire
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Screwdriver wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 9:38 am Oh I saw that non committal verbiage claiming Trump was worse than Biden.

Frankly I am surprised you would stand by that ridiculous opinion. Trump could stand at a podium in front of tens of thousands and extemporise for hours if the Democrats would stop shooting at him. Biden couldn't tell you what he had for breakfast without a teleprompter - "I'm not kidding".
Nitpicking. Elderley geezers make bad presidents - I said it 3 years ago, but my opinion is ridiculous and yours is apparently astute and learned. FFS.

Give us another prediction to shoot at because this is hilarious.
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Count Steer wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 10:50 am
Screwdriver wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 9:50 am

I don't have a side as such, I'm more of an interested observer having no dog in the fight that is US politics. I have a view on which side is the lesser of two evils but I'm more inclined to the 'democracy is dead' view than either of the apparent polar opposites. Social media has done much of the damage but, at the same time, nothing you or I say on here is going to shift so much as 1 American vote.

Having just read 'Politics on the Edge' by Rory Stewart it's confirmed my view that British politics is sick too. However, I don't believe that populists and chancers are the solution, more a greater sickness. No, I don't have the answers and the people that like to think they do haven't either.

Agree 100%. The rise of A.I. is just the icing on the cake. It has become so difficult to find any reliable source of true information it has become virtually pointless. Rather than worry about whether or not A.I. is self aware or conscious, we should be more worried about whether or not it is lying. Convincingly!

Many years ago you could tell if something was really cheap nasty tat from China because it would say "top quality" in the description.

Now you just have to look for "verified true" in a title to spot an opinion piece or blatant propaganda.
Plato
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Screwdriver wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 11:11 am It has become so difficult to find any reliable source of true information it has become virtually pointless. Rather than worry about whether or not A.I. is self aware or conscious, we should be more worried about whether or not it is lying. Convincingly!
Hold on, i thought the AI was taking over the world and bringing on the end of times about this time last year ? Now you're not worried about it.