This time next year, President Trump moves back into the Whitehouse...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
mangocrazy

Re: This time next year, President Trump moves back into the Whitehouse...

Post by mangocrazy »

Saga Lout wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 4:27 pm
Mr. Dazzle wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 11:04 am https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/harri ... 23472143-2

She said "million" when she meant "thousand"* and said quote appeared 4 years ago, but never let a simple fact get in the way :thumbup:

*as soon as I saw the claim regarding "millions" I immediately guessed it was a mix up and they meant to say "thousands" BTW, it's such an obvious error someone would make when speaking live which happens all the time
She probably learnt about numbers from Diane Abbott. ;)
Or Liz Truss... :D
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Just to clarify matters: Kamala's current position* on most issues is the polar opposite of what they have been for her entire career & therefore, she's admitting she was wrong on almost everything until a month ago?... or she's lying. Pick one.

* She's now adopted Trump's border policy.
Bwana

Post by Bwana »

wheelnut wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 1:46 pm Trump seems to have gone very quiet since the DNC. He was battering his social media site with bizarre comments during her speech but I don't think he's worked out how to attack her yet.

I can imagine his advisors telling him to stick to policy on immigration and inflation but his instinct will be to take it to personal attacks.
George Conway has him addled.

demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

I'll drop this one here for the people who refuse to watch vids. Worth a read IMO.
WASHINGTON — More than 200 Republicans who previously worked for either former President George W. Bush, the late Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., or Sen. Mitt Romney, R-Utah, endorsed Vice President Kamala Harris for president in an open letter Monday obtained exclusively by USA TODAY.

The letter from alums of the three Republican presidential nominees prior to former President Donald Trump comes on the heels of a Democratic National Convention last week in Chicago that showcased Republican detractors of the GOP nominee. At least five former aides to former President George H.W. Bush also signed the letter, which has 238 signatures in all.

A similar group of about 150 anti-Trump former staffers of Bush, McCain and Romney pledged support for President Joe Biden in the 2020 election.

"We reunite today, joined by new George H.W. Bush alumni, to reinforce our 2020 statements and, for the first time, jointly declare that we’re voting for Vice President Kamala Harris and Gov. Tim Walz this November," the letter reads. "Of course, we have plenty of honest, ideological disagreements with Vice President Harris and Gov. Walz. That’s to be expected. The alternative, however, is simply untenable."
There's more but I'm not your lackey, do your own search for it. :P
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Tampon Tim's family have released a pic of them all wearing Trump T shirts :)
Saga Lout

Post by Saga Lout »

ZRX61 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 5:19 pm Tampon Tim's family have released a pic of them all wearing Trump T shirts :)
There are claims that it's AI generated. Apparently one of the indicators that it's fake is: everyone in the photo has four fingers. :?

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/wor ... 071205.cms

And if you can't trust The Times of India, who can you trust? ;)
Wossname

Post by Wossname »

ZRX61 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 5:19 pm Tampon Tim's family have released a pic of them all wearing Trump T shirts :)
That’s your latest, best effort at a clever, insightful and relevant nickname for a democrat? See me after class.

Can you come up with one for Vance?
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Saga Lout wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 7:22 pm
There are claims that it's AI generated.
Greengrocer's'' apostrophes suggest human made on the other (four fingered) hand.
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Wossname wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 7:37 pm
That’s your latest, best effort at a clever, insightful and relevant nickname for a democrat? See me after class.

Can you come up with one for Vance?
In fairness, he earned that moniker some time ago for his greatest contribution to US politics.

Passing a bill enforcing the provision of tampons in all mens bathrooms in public schools.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
Plato
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

All of the MSM (except Fox) are claiming the Trump is for Putin & Putin is for Trump.

Putin did an interview this week & endorsed Harris...
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

ZRX61 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 1:34 am All of the MSM (except Fox) are claiming the Trump is for Putin & Putin is for Trump.

...and you think the Russian leader publicly endorsing Harris is designed to win her American votes?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

I kinda feel like the term "MSM" was coined by the Russians or Chinese anyway, it feels deliberately cultivated to plant the idea you can't believe what's on the news. The reality seems to be that most people who frequently use the term will believe any old bollox, which is exactly what I'd want if I were a Russian state sponsored social meeja hacker :lol:

Where's me tinfoil...
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 8:40 am I kinda feel like the term "MSM" was coined by the Russians or Chinese anyway, it feels deliberately cultivated to plant the idea you can't believe what's on the news. The reality seems to be that most people who frequently use the term will believe any old bollox, which is exactly what I'd want if I were a Russian state sponsored social meeja hacker :lol:

Where's me tinfoil...
Or it's just easier to type MSM instead of CNN/MSNBC/ABC/NBC/CBS...
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 8:40 am I kinda feel like the term "MSM" was coined by the Russians or Chinese anyway, it feels deliberately cultivated to plant the idea you can't believe what's on the news. The reality seems to be that most people who frequently use the term will believe any old bollox, which is exactly what I'd want if I were a Russian state sponsored social meeja hacker :lol:

Where's me tinfoil...
Zuckerberg has just admitted being part of that problem, he said the FBI lied to him to hush up the laptop story and the Biden administration lied during covid to hide stories. He says he regrets his blind trust in them.
Russian media lite maybe.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Zuckerberg isn't part of the media as I see it. Social Media is an entirely different beast.

I basically wouldn't believe anything on social media as it's written.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

ZRX61 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 1:34 am All of the MSM (except Fox) are claiming the Trump is for Putin & Putin is for Trump.

100% Trump then! :D
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

I just watched the interview where Putin said it. He said he'd been supporting Biden but Biden had to pull out so now he was supporting Harris.

Him and the interviewer couldn't keep straight faces. :lol:
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Count Steer wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 7:10 pm I just watched the interview where Putin said it. He said he'd been supporting Biden but Biden had to pull out so now he was supporting Harris.

Him and the interviewer couldn't keep straight faces. :lol:
It certainly muted the Democrats endless "Russia Russia Russia" bullshit. :lol:
Bwana

Post by Bwana »

Somewhere in Tennessee....

An indictment filed Wednesday alleges a media company linked to six conservative influencers — including well-known personalities Tim Pool, Dave Rubin and Benny Johnson — was secretly funded by Russian state media employees to churn out English-language videos that were “often consistent” with the Kremlin’s “interest in amplifying U.S. domestic divisions in order to weaken U.S. opposition” to Russian interests, like its war in Ukraine.

AP news article
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

Bwana wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 4:46 am Somewhere in Tennessee....

An indictment filed Wednesday alleges a media company linked to six conservative influencers — including well-known personalities Tim Pool, Dave Rubin and Benny Johnson — was secretly funded by Russian state media employees to churn out English-language videos that were “often consistent” with the Kremlin’s “interest in amplifying U.S. domestic divisions in order to weaken U.S. opposition” to Russian interests, like its war in Ukraine.

AP news article
Is that like the briefcase being Russian disinformation?