In todays news...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
Screwdriver

Re: In todays news...

Post by Screwdriver »

demographic wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 11:47 pm Although you seem absolutely desperate to make this all about race and thats getting properly weird now, you weren't even the one on here I was referring to who seems to have Tommy Robinson on speeddial.
Didn't think for a minute you were trying to get at me, I have made no prior comment on this horrific attack.

I am merely objecting to your dismissive euphemism "youngster goes nuts" which I find personally distasteful.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
Plato
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

DefTrap wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 8:25 am Amusing that pointing out when Farage, Robinson and their dim thugs are wrong, that it's called "censorship".

I dunno about 1984 but the shallow-thinking, poor-me attitude of the Trump era seems to have finally landed in the UK.
That you can find anything amusing about children being hacked to death at a dance party says a lot about you.

I am not surprised you know nothing about Nineteen Eighty Four, that level of ignorance and apathy towards politics is how such situations can arise.
Plato
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Screwdriver wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 10:49 pm Thought crime is now an arrestable offence. Think about that...
I'm not falling for that again!

It's not BTW*. You can think what you like, you just can't necessarily act on it. The law's always been like that.

*double BTW, it's actually 'crimethink' in 1984. Key part of the story is how newspeak removes words from the vocab to make expressing dissent literally impossible, which seems the opposite of what we have now
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Screwdriver wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 9:18 am
That you can find anything amusing about children being hacked to death at a dance party says a lot about you.

I am not surprised you know nothing about Nineteen Eighty Four, that level of ignorance and apathy towards politics is how such situations can arise.
I think it's pretty clear what I said Vs what you assumed, and made up.

Like everything else.
Horse

Post by Horse »

Screwdriver wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 10:49 pm ... black youth ... white children
How is that important?

Do you see it as somehow related to your later "mass immigration" comment?
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Horse wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 10:12 am
How is that important?

Do you see it as somehow related to your later "mass immigration" comment?
I guess you would have to ask the perpetrator why he felt it important to murder those particular children.

Is it related? Yes of course it is. Colour is immaterial, it is the social values these people are bringing into the UK which is at odds with our Judeo Christian values.
Plato
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 9:25 am
Screwdriver wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 10:49 pm Thought crime is now an arrestable offence. Think about that...

It's not BTW*. You can think what you like, you just can't necessarily act on it. The law's always been like that.

*double BTW, it's actually 'crimethink' in 1984. Key part of the story is how newspeak removes words from the vocab to make expressing dissent literally impossible, which seems the opposite of what we have now
Define "Islamophobia".
Plato
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Screwdriver wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 10:41 am

Define "Islamophobia".
Not really sure what you're driving at.

You seem to be suggesting mass censorship of a radical Islam attack? When in reality there's no evidence that occurred and seemingly some statements that the attacker explicitly isn't Muslim?

There wqs certainly a big instance of fake news spreading on social media claiming the attack was perpetrated by a Muslim. Maybe that's where this whole Islamophobia thing is coming from?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/c ... 94042.html

I personally don't recall ever having my thoughts policed.

You're gonna have to explain slowly how operation early dawn proves government plans regarding Thoughtcrime. Have people been locked up for thinking now? I thought it was for setting fire to stuff and looting. :?
Treadeager

Post by Treadeager »

World population and Massive immigration may not be at all problematical to some . It clearly is to a lot of people . Councils have been concealing the high costs of housing asylum seekers because it is " sensitive " . Some companies are making literally millions from short term housing . Meanwhile UK infrastructure is creaking at the seams . Much of the argument is about economic migration, not massive ( non-white ) immigration. Just my 2p worth .
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 12:33 pm

Define "Islamophobia".
Not really sure what you're driving at.

You seem to be suggesting mass censorship of a radical Islam attack? When in reality there's no evidence that occurred and seemingly some statements that the attacker explicitly isn't Muslim?

There wqs certainly a big instance of fake news spreading on social media claiming the attack was perpetrated by a Muslim. Maybe that's where this whole Islamophobia thing is coming from?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/c ... 94042.html

I personally don't recall ever having my thoughts policed.

You're gonna have to explain slowly how operation early dawn proves government plans regarding Thoughtcrime. Have people been locked up for thinking now? I thought it was for setting fire to stuff and looting. :?
Yeah ok fair point, I have been addressing multiple points simultaneously.

So: thought crime and Islamophobia.

Ignore the proposition that the horrific and savage murder of innocent children was either terrorism, radical Islamism or racially motivated. We do not know and most likely will never know. There is, as I have suggested, a valid argument to be made that such inflammatory factual information should be withheld from public view. I do not subscribe to that argument but we digress.

The Labour party are currently proposing that Islamophobia is a form of racism. An idiotic premise since neither islamism nor "Muslimism" is a racial type. However, such a definition does make "Islamophobia" a crime if conflated with existing laws against espousing racist ideologies.

Not only that but they have also accepted the Muslim council of Britain (!) definition of islamophobia. That forbids for example criticising the absurd dress code that this religion imposes on women. Forbids criticism of misogynistic behaviour (does that include wife beating??).

TBH you can see this shit for yourself. I don't know how it affects our current laws on child mutilation or how far our Labour leaders will bend the knee to Sharia law but it is a slippery slope to the Uk becoming an Islamic state. Once an area becomes controlled by a Muslim council, we don't ever get it back. It is a one way ticket back into the dark ages if you ask me.
Plato
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Treadeager wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 12:57 pm World population and Massive immigration may not be at all problematical to some . It clearly is to a lot of people . Councils have been concealing the high costs of housing asylum seekers because it is " sensitive " . Some companies are making literally millions from short term housing . Meanwhile UK infrastructure is creaking at the seams . Much of the argument is about economic migration, not massive ( non-white ) immigration. Just my 2p worth .
The UK is creaking because of multi decade periods of under investment in public infrastructure and services*, aging and less healthy populations and a ever increasing expectation of what a good standard of living is.

Asylum seekers are just the cherry on top it's easy to point at.

*this is also why immigration is high. Way cheaper to import labour in the short term than to cultivate it at home
Treadeager

Post by Treadeager »

@Mr. Dazzle We have been importing labour since the 1950s. to my knowledge .What do you reckon is meant by " short term ? " . Like any other " Ponzi " scheme , doomed to ultimate failure ?
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

When the cake is sinking, the last thing it needs is more cherry's and associated costs. 👍
Yamaha rocket 3
Horse

Post by Horse »

How is that important?
Colour is immaterial
So why mention it?
MyLittleStudPony

Post by MyLittleStudPony »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 1:44 pm
Treadeager wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 12:57 pm World population and Massive immigration may not be at all problematical to some . It clearly is to a lot of people . Councils have been concealing the high costs of housing asylum seekers because it is " sensitive " . Some companies are making literally millions from short term housing . Meanwhile UK infrastructure is creaking at the seams . Much of the argument is about economic migration, not massive ( non-white ) immigration. Just my 2p worth .
The UK is creaking because of multi decade periods of under investment in public infrastructure and services*, aging and less healthy populations and a ever increasing expectation of what a good standard of living is.

Asylum seekers are just the cherry on top it's easy to point at.

*this is also why immigration is high. Way cheaper to import labour in the short term than to cultivate it at home
Dodgy69 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 3:06 pm When the cake is sinking, the last thing it needs is more cherry's and associated costs. 👍
Immigrants are net contributors. Better to get rid of the toxic elderly. :thumbup:
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

Odd that there I can't remember any riots and people attacking churches after the Dunblaine attack and when Derick Bird went on a shooting spree (one of my sisters was about very close to where that happened that day) but as soon as its a considered a forriner it's all "Imigrants, different culture" and people lining up for the hate minute.
Why do we think that is? Seems that some people are just looking for an excuse to attack people who they see as being different to me.

Like I said though, it's been interesting to see the amount of people in Carlisle who ttotally reject that kind of prejudice and were prepared to ruin the day of a group of racists who were supposed to be bused in to cause trouble in their community.
Personally I feel that Tommy Robinson and Farage have overplayed their hands and exposed their supporters motives. That is the small thing out of all this shite that amuses me.
Well that and some possible tax issues that has been brought to light about them.
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Horse wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 3:15 pm
How is that important?
Colour is immaterial
So why mention it?
Because you cherry picked one factual element from my précis of the event and then ask why the item you chose to highlight was "important".

It was clearly important to you. I assume you are obsessed with that aspect since you want to reflect your decision as if I was being "racist" by singling it out for attention when the fact is, it is you.

But thanks for editing my actual comments to single words to try and prove your point. You have achieved the opposite.
Plato
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

MyLittleStudPony wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 3:44 pm Immigrants are net contributors. Better to get rid of the toxic elderly. :thumbup:
This is true.

Problem is, the type of society they are "contributing" to is not the same as the one they came here to inhabit.

In an ideal world of course we would exterminate the useless elderly. According to ONS statistics, the indigenous population of the UK will be outbred by immigrants within the next ten years. Maybe we should just finish off all the elderly now and formally hand the country over to the caliphate.

Why drag it out?
Plato
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Some truth in all the above, mixed in with a lot of tosh.

Western Europe has a good standard of living compared with most of Africa and the Middle East. People in eg Africa desire this standard of living. That is human nature.

The UK is seen as the easiest place to get this, for all sorts of reasons, benefits, no ID cards, language, etc.

We need to control immigration for several reasons, some short term, some long term.

Small island, too many people, inadequate infrastructure, and no money to rebuild
it. Or even time at the current rates.

Too rapid influx of alien culture without time to assimilate will lead to a backlash,the Tommy Robinson effect. Visible difference, eg skin colour or cultural symbols exacerbate this.

Solution Fcuk knows, I don't. If something doesn't change the longer term looks bleak.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Horse

Post by Horse »

Screwdriver wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 3:58 pm
Horse wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 3:15 pm
Colour is immaterial
So why mention it?
Because you cherry picked one factual element from my précis of the event and then ask why the item you chose to highlight was "important".

It was clearly important to you. I assume you are obsessed with that aspect since you want to reflect your decision as if I was being "racist" by singling it out for attention when the fact is, it is you.
Yes, it's all about me :D :lol: Great assumption ...

You often go to great lengths to remind us how you are right about things

And here you are factually correct. Then you say it's irrelevant.

As you say, it's as if, in your original post, you were being racist.
Screwdriver wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 3:58 pm But thanks for editing my actual comments to single words to try and prove your point. You have achieved the opposite.
Editing? Yes, I removed reams of text. But it's irrelevant.