Insignificant/ Significant things that BYP or just wind you up a little

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Noggin

Re: Insignificant/ Significant things that BYP or just wind you up a little

Post by Noggin »

Sadlonelygit wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 7:31 am I watched it in English via vpn :wave:
You are clicking on livestream aren't you?
Yes, I was. Obviously did something wrong, but I did try. And, TBF, right now, if it's too complicated I just can't be arsed! Too much else needs the brain cell!! LOL
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Sadlonelygit

Post by Sadlonelygit »

Autodoc........even more than last time!
Big box arrived today. Had a spare hour before dinner, so started to rebuild the Moho rear brakes. Handbrake shoes, a faff but done, disc on. FFS, the locking bolt is wrong. Not insurmountable, but a ballache. Caliper bracket fitted, open box with the new pads in.......hmmm they don't look right. Sure enough, wrong pads. For the time being slapped the old pads back in as a workaround. Of course their customer service is closed now, but tomorrow an ICBM is coming their way!
Sadlonelygit

Post by Sadlonelygit »

Garages that don't use the right tool and fuck things up for the next bloke!
Last time my back brakes were done, short on time so a garage did them. Carrier bracket is bolted on with 18mm bolts....... :roll:
Guess garage/apprentice didn't have an 18, so used a 19, which rounded the bolts off just enough to render a 19 and 18 useless! Had to hammer an imperial socket onto them.
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Sadlonelygit wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 3:39 pm Garages that don't use the right tool and fuck things up for the next bloke!
I had a water pump failure a day or so before I was due to drive back from France to the UK so put the car into the local (French) garage.

The twat decided I needed a new timing belt (it didn't - it had only been changed less than 500km before) and in order to fit it had to remove the crankshaft pulley, which is held on by a 38mm nut. He obviously didn't have a 38mm socket and couldn't be arsed to get one, so removed the nut with a fucking cold chisel.

Then to put the cherry on top, he didn't tighten the belt tensioner up properly and the belt jumped, wrecking the engine - 7 out of 8 valves bent.
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Banks are boiling my piss today for sure. Their push to back a cashless society is so obvious. Been to about 8 cash points today and surprise surprise they all say insufficient funds. I'm onto you fuckers! :x
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Stripped out a bolt hole in a brake caliper carrier on the car, none to be had at any local scrappies, bleedin' buggery bollox.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

MrLongbeard wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 2:03 pm Stripped out a bolt hole in a brake caliper carrier on the car, none to be had at any local scrappies, bleedin' buggery bollox.
I bet you swore worse than that! :D I would have! :thumbup:
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Taipan wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 2:07 pm
MrLongbeard wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 2:03 pm Stripped out a bolt hole in a brake caliper carrier on the car, none to be had at any local scrappies, bleedin' buggery bollox.
I bet you swore worse than that! :D I would have! :thumbup:
Surprisingly no, I must be getting old.
Bigjawa

Post by Bigjawa »

Sadlonelygit wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 3:39 pm Garages that don't use the right tool and fuck things up for the next bloke!
Last time my back brakes were done, short on time so a garage did them. Carrier bracket is bolted on with 18mm bolts....... :roll:
Guess garage/apprentice didn't have an 18, so used a 19, which rounded the bolts off just enough to render a 19 and 18 useless! Had to hammer an imperial socket onto them.
Get yourself a set of those spiral sockets for taking off rounded off stuff. They've saved me from throwing stuff across the garage a thousand times.
Bigjawa

Post by Bigjawa »

Granddaughter was due to start primary school this week, she has special needs, epilepsy, some genetic fault and something that sounds like jihadi malformation so the wee woman hasn't her sorrows to seek, she was at the school last week, met her teacher, uniform bought, all ready to go, then the headmistress rings saying she can't attend as the teachers aren't trained to administer the emergency medication if she has a seizure. This is despite MrsJawa asking that specific question on the school visit last week. To rub it in, the school sent pictures of the new class to all the parents. With my granddaughter and another SEN kid absent.
Sadlonelygit

Post by Sadlonelygit »

Bigjawa wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 5:56 pm
Get yourself a set of those spiral sockets for taking off rounded off stuff. They've saved me from throwing stuff across the garage a thousand times.
That's what imperial sockets are for :thumbup:
Horse

Post by Horse »

Bigjawa wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 6:23 pm ... jihadi malformation ...
Chiari?
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Bigjawa

Post by Bigjawa »

Horse wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 9:01 am
Bigjawa wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 6:23 pm ... jihadi malformation ...
Chiari?
That's it, something to do with the base of her skull and spinal column, poor wee woman. 😭😭
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

More of a wry LOL, but after the rather :shock: display of lightning, thunder and torrential rain last night....

....the water has gone off. :lol:

(Broken pumping station, they have 'ordered the parts'. :roll: ).
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Horse

Post by Horse »

Bigjawa wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 11:02 am
Horse wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 9:01 am Chiari?
That's it, something to do with the base of her skull and spinal column, poor wee woman. 😭😭
It's what I have. A chunk of brain hangs out the base of the skull. Squishes the spinal cord.

A variation (which I don't have) also includes fluid in the spinal cord.
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

Horse wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 3:11 pm
Horse wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 9:01 am Chiari?
It's what I have. A chunk of brain hangs out the base of the skull. Squishes the spinal cord.

A friend of mine banged the back of her head on a car boot getting shopping out. A spinal fluid leak has turned her from one of the fittest women I've ever known into someone who's bedridden. Unfortunately she's in America and is now also bankrupt.
Horse

Post by Horse »

Pirahna wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 4:45 pm
Horse wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 3:11 pm

A friend of mine banged the back of her head on a car boot getting shopping out. A spinal fluid leak has turned her from one of the fittest women I've ever known into someone who's bedridden.
It was a chest infection that effectively crippled me.

10 days of hacking cough, with the back of my skull karate-chopping my cerebellum every time.

Balance FUBAR, eyes wobbling like a loon, constant headaches, and more. Walking? Tripping over on flat level ground. Almost falling over if I turn around too quickly.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Doesn't really rate BMP or winding up, just a smidge WTF! :lol:

Actually meeting a lovely bloke who not only makes me smile and laugh a lot (together, not just me sitting laughing to myself!) and despite the lack of age gap, I really fancy him -

and then finding out he hates bikes (really does NOT like them) and doesn't ski??

WTAF universe! That's not kind!! :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack: :obscene-birdiedoublered: :obscene-birdiedoublered: :obscene-birdiedoublered: :angry-argument: :angry-argument: :angry-argument:

:lol: :lol:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
David

Post by David »

Noggin wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 5:46 pm Doesn't really rate BMP or winding up, just a smidge WTF! :lol:

Actually meeting a lovely bloke who not only makes me smile and laugh a lot (together, not just me sitting laughing to myself!) and despite the lack of age gap, I really fancy him -

and then finding out he hates bikes (really does NOT like them) and doesn't ski??

WTAF universe! That's not kind!! :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack: :obscene-birdiedoublered: :obscene-birdiedoublered: :obscene-birdiedoublered: :angry-argument: :angry-argument: :angry-argument:

:lol: :lol:
Noggers....there are more things in Heaven and Earth than bikes and skiing........
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Bigjawa wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 6:23 pm Granddaughter was due to start primary school this week, she has special needs, epilepsy, some genetic fault and something that sounds like jihadi malformation so the wee woman hasn't her sorrows to seek, she was at the school last week, met her teacher, uniform bought, all ready to go, then the headmistress rings saying she can't attend as the teachers aren't trained to administer the emergency medication if she has a seizure. This is despite MrsJawa asking that specific question on the school visit last week. To rub it in, the school sent pictures of the new class to all the parents. With my granddaughter and another SEN kid absent.
Formal complaint, either to the MAT or to the Local Authority. They knew, they agreed to take her, and they failed. They need a smack.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!