WSBK Magny Cours 2024

Discussions on your upcoming trackdays, discusions on WSB, MotoGP, BSB or even F1.
ChrisW

WSBK Magny Cours 2024

Post by ChrisW »

Only just caught up with what happened yesterday & the race today - all round carnage!

Glad there was no lasting damage to anyone & the race reinforced one of the reasons why I just can't be bothered with F1 any more. I do enjoy a wet race.
Noggin

Re: WSBK Magny Cours 2024

Post by Noggin »

The Toprak Razgatlıo crash was nuts! But saw another video of someone else basically riding a bucking bronco version of a motorbike!! Freaking awesome that the second guy kept it upright!! Even more so that Toprak isn't seriously injured! :o
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Bustaspoke

Post by Bustaspoke »

I was surprised no one commented on that FP accident.I saw on social media that he's back with the team but ruled out of racing this weekend.
It's year's since I watched a F1 race on the TV,there's no chance of me spending money to go & watch it,seemed to be more action going on in the race control room than on the track...
ChrisW

Post by ChrisW »

Bustaspoke wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 6:30 pm It's year's since I watched a F1 race on the TV,there's no chance of me spending money
They just never go out in the rain any more - the full wet is completely redundant. It's probably a factor of the current ground-effect / aero spec or something, I'm not smart enough to figure it out.
wull

Post by wull »

Bustaspoke wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 6:30 pm I was surprised no one commented on that FP accident.I saw on social media that he's back with the team but ruled out of racing this weekend.
It's year's since I watched a F1 race on the TV,there's no chance of me spending money to go & watch it,seemed to be more action going on in the race control room than on the track...
I was watching it, and was checking to see if anyone had started a thread or mentioned it, I couldn’t be arsed starting one.

Glad he’s relatively ok, could have been much worse. I personally feel that he hit that wall in such a way that it was the best outcome and the least hurt he could have been, a slightly different angle or feet or head first and the outcome could have been devastating.

Essentially he’s sustained a collapsed lung, he was there in the paddock today looking very fragile but no wonder, he’s hoping to be back in two weeks for Cremona.

Not that I like to see anyone crash but Bulega crashing out of race 1 has helped Toprak, he might still come away with a very commanding lead in the championship without racing this weekend, he’s currently 92 points ahead of Bulega and worse case scenario he’d have been 30 points ahead but so far he’s still 92 points ahead.

Lets see what happens tomorrow.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Yorick

Post by Yorick »

I've always been a fan of JT since his very early days in BSB.
But yesterday he was really getting on my nerves.
"Is the bike talking to you.? "

Aaaaarrggghhh

Heard it 4 or 5 times.
wull

Post by wull »

He’s absolutely brilliant as a commentator, nobody gives a shit what you think.
Skub

Post by Skub »

Late to the party as ever. I can't sit and watch tv when the weather is good. :D

Toprak is a very lucky boi,that crash could have been a career ender,or worse.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
wull

Post by wull »

Bulega wins SP race and race 2, championship lead for Toprak is now down to 55 points. Cremona is in two weeks so fingers crossed he’s good for that round.

But the question will be, how competitive will he be, I doubt he’ll be at his usual 100%, maybe he will, I really hope that bloody wall hasn’t scuppered his chances of winning the championship this year as it’s an incredible story with it being on the beemer in the first year, the non competitive Beemer.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

I did try, but the FF button won. I only watched enough to see how Scotty did.
Missed last few laps of main race.

Best thing is young Rachel :obscene-birdiedoublered: