Can't create new topic, can't see 'latest new post' icon

What can the Admins do to help, any requests for changes, updates, etc.
The Spin Doctor

Can't create new topic, can't see 'latest new post' icon

Post by The Spin Doctor »

Here's a weird one.

I did a major clean-up of the desktop the other day, flushed cookies which meant signing into RTTL again, but when I did, a whole bunch of icons and function boxes have gone missing.

I've tried signing out, and in again, but they are still missing. I have had to post this from the laptop where I still have full functionality. Am I missing something obvious?
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer." Henry David Thoreau
www.ko-fi.com/survivalskills www.survivalskillsridertraining.co.uk www.facebook.com/survivalskills
The Spin Doctor

Re: Can't create new topic, can't see 'latest new post' icon

Just compared the cookies in the two browsers - the desktop has three (plus one for YouTube) and the laptop has an extra one

phpbb3_gyfcq_ca

This one appears not to be created when I delete all cookies and log in again. Any ideas??
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer." Henry David Thoreau
www.ko-fi.com/survivalskills www.survivalskillsridertraining.co.uk www.facebook.com/survivalskills
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

First job as always, try a different device and browser

You've done one bit.... Try the browser on the non-working machine.
The Spin Doctor

Solved!

It was Malwarebytes Browser Guard extension.

As suggested I tried on a different browser that I'd not used before to log in, and a red 'accept cookies' banner appeared.

That wasn't appearing on Edge and I guessed it was being blocked by the Malwarebytes extension.

So I disabled that, and logged out.

When I refreshed the RTTL page then the 'accept cookies' banner popped up. I accepted cookies, then logged back in, and everything is working fine again.

Thanks for the reminder.