In todays news...

Current affairs, Politics, News.
DefTrap

Re: In todays news...

Post by DefTrap »

cheb wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 2:30 pm And pensioners being so stupid they need to be told to put a jumper on when it gets cold probably can't budget either.
I already do that because (a) I don't see the point of heating all parts of the house that I rarely go in (and no, my heating system isn't refined at all enough to allow any fine tuning) (b) I find central heating unhealthy and stifling.

I reserve the right to remove my jumper when I become I pensioner if it helps justify all the whinging and self-pity that I'm really looking forward to.
cheb

Post by cheb »

I'm fortunate enough to still have a living mother to tell me to put on a vest when she feels cold.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

What's heating?
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

My mum was moaning about it on Sunday. She's going on her third overseas holiday of the year in a few days....
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Poor dear, has to jet off to another country to escape the cold :(
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

gremlin wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 3:45 pm My mum was moaning about it on Sunday. She's going on her third overseas holiday of the year in a few days....
Buy her a jumper so she doesn't need to spend your inheritance.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Yorick wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 4:07 pm
gremlin wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 3:45 pm My mum was moaning about it on Sunday. She's going on her third overseas holiday of the year in a few days....
Buy her a jumper so she doesn't need to spend your inheritance.
I'll get her some balls of wool and a couple of knitting needles. That way she'll keep moving to stay warm plus I can flog her telly. :thumbup:
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Saga Lout

Post by Saga Lout »

cheb wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 2:30 pm All this fuss could have been avoided if they'd just increased the basic pension by the same amount instead of a new benefit needing more civil servants and, it wouldn't be a surprise, a complete new computer system to administer it.

More civil servants and an expensive computer system are seen as benefits, not costs.
irie

Post by irie »

Yorick wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 3:43 pmWhat's heating?
What's air conditioning?
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Those recent riots... WTF set all that off? All we saw over here was reports of the riots happening, but bugger all about why. I did see something that mentioned that bloke who stabbed(?) those kids, but nothing to connect the perp to the riots.
Horse

Post by Horse »

Kids killed
Unfounded rumours (including on here, and Garage asking "I've heard, we should be told" questions) that the attacker was a 'just off the boat' asylum seeker.
These rumours used as 'justification' for EDL and rentamob riots.

High quality of rioter:

Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Bigjawa

Post by Bigjawa »

irie wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 9:08 pm
Yorick wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 3:43 pmWhat's heating?
What's air conditioning?
The button that makes the car drink fuel.
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

Horse wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 6:09 pm Kids killed
Unfounded rumours (including on here, and Garage asking "I've heard, we should be told" questions) that the attacker was a 'just off the boat' asylum seeker.
These rumours used as 'justification' for EDL and rentamob riots.

High quality of rioter:

Yup, pretty much that.
Youngster goes nuts and kills some kids in a dance class followed by Farage/Tommy Robinson suggesting he was a Muslim (IIRC he wasnt and was actually a Choir singer) and just off a small boat (again, nope he was born in Wales) then folowed by their racist followers smashing up Mosques, a Greggs pasty shop (bastard immigrant Sausage, Cheese and Bean melts :x ) a phone shop (to steal phones cos thats... erm...something..mumbleswerve) and smashed up a Citizens Advice bureau (Y'know, the place yer nan goes to when she needs legal advice.

The Mosque near my daughters house has been threatened and I had to move a few bits of smashed concrete off her front (been replacing some lead pipes) so the troublemakers wouldn't have access to as many missiles.
Bit of stirring the pot on here from someone who seems to be facebook friends with Tommy Robinson (Tommy Robinson, ex BNP member and one of the EDL founders by the way).

Theres more to it (but I can't be fecked tonight) and I'm fairly sure someone will have a vastly differing viewpoint that theyre absolutely dying to share, ad infinitum.
Horse

Post by Horse »

Horse wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 6:09 pm Garage asking "I've heard, we should be told"
'Ucking spell checker ...

"Farage"
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

demographic wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 9:24 pm Youngster goes nuts and kills some kids in a dance class...
Not having that sorry.

Evil, sadistic black youth with a grudge decides to slaughter innocent white children by hacking away at as many of them as he could.

"Goes nuts" doesn't even begin to describe the savage nature of such a premeditated attack.

No one really knows what was going though this vicious killers mind and if (as one might suspect) he was indeed radicalised, that information will be censored out of the public sphere. In fairness, having seen the extreme response to the mere possibility that he had been radicalised by the Islamic faith, it would be wise to let tempers cool before allowing the truth to be known.

This nonsensical "operation early dawn" is an indictment for how our own government wishes to "integrate" decidedly non-indigenous culture into the UK. If anyone complains they will not only be thrown in jail for daring to voice an opinion, the authorities will release actual criminals early just to make room for such political dissenters.

I have no time at all for the rabid ravings of the lunatic right wing racists, let them rot in jail for all I care but there is a problem with mass immigration and censoring or silencing debate is not the best way to address the issue.

Nineteen Eighty Four is upon us. Thought crime is now an arrestable offence. Think about that...
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
Plato
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

That video was fucking epic! LMFAO!!

So I take it the stabber wasn't just off the boat?
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

demographic wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 9:24 pm Yup, pretty much that.
Youngster goes nuts and kills some kids in a dance class followed by Farage/Tommy Robinson suggesting he was a Muslim (IIRC he wasnt and was actually a Choir singer) and just off a small boat (again, nope he was born in Wales) then folowed by their racist followers smashing up Mosques, a Greggs pasty shop (bastard immigrant Sausage, Cheese and Bean melts :x ) a phone shop (to steal phones cos thats... erm...something..mumbleswerve) and smashed up a Citizens Advice bureau (Y'know, the place yer nan goes to when she needs legal advice.
I remember during the Brixton riots one of the first places to get ransacked was the Bata store so perps would have better footwear to outrun the cops.
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

ZRX61 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 10:51 pm That video was fucking epic! LMFAO!!

So I take it the stabber wasn't just off the boat?
Parents from Rwanda, the young man was born in Wales. Guess that makes him a Welshman.

I was born in Manchester, guess that makes me a scouser...
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
Plato
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

Screwdriver wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 10:49 pm
demographic wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 9:24 pm Youngster goes nuts and kills some kids in a dance class...
Not having that sorry.

Evil, sadistic black youth with a grudge decides to slaughter innocent white children by hacking away at as many of them as he could.

"Goes nuts" doesn't even begin to describe the savage nature of such a premeditated attack.

No one really knows what was going though this vicious killers mind and if (as one might suspect) he was indeed radicalised, that information will be censored out of the public sphere. In fairness, having seen the extreme response to the mere possibility that he had been radicalised by the Islamic faith, it would be wise to let tempers cool before allowing the truth to be known.

This nonsensical "operation early dawn" is an indictment for how our own government wishes to "integrate" decidedly non-indigenous culture into the UK. If anyone complains they will not only be thrown in jail for daring to voice an opinion, the authorities will release actual criminals early just to make room for such political dissenters.

I have no time at all for the rabid ravings of the lunatic right wing racists, let them rot in jail for all I care but there is a problem with mass immigration and censoring or silencing debate is not the best way to address the issue.

Nineteen Eighty Four is upon us. Thought crime is now an arrestable offence. Think about that...
Although you seem absolutely desperate to make this all about race and thats getting properly weird now, you weren't even the one on here I was referring to who seems to have Tommy Robinson on speeddial.
That was someone else.
I still had to rush home and move a few lumps of concrete off my daughters front because of a group of racist bellends who were supposedly going to cause bother round her house after the area was mentioned by Tommy Robinson and then made a dispersal zone by the police.
Looking on the bright side its shown to me the number of locals who.are vehemently against racism and ate willing to stand up for their beliefs. To some extent in my eyes its weakened the far rights power considerably so err... yay.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Amusing that pointing out when Farage, Robinson and their dim thugs are wrong, that it's called "censorship".

I dunno about 1984 but the shallow-thinking, poor-me attitude of the Trump era seems to have finally landed in the UK.