What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
cheb

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by cheb »

Sunny wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 11:32 pm
Felix wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 10:50 pm Im sure the build was on TRC.
Horse wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 11:15 pm
Felix wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 10:50 pm Im sure the build was on TRC.
Could be right.

I could only find this:

viewtopic.php?p=27928&hilit=Tractor#p27928
Dagnamit.

Don't supposed you've got it archived anywhere @Wreckless Rat ?
I can't manage a whole tractor: viewtopic.php?p=115737&hilit=steering&s ... fe#p115737
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Spent a few hours this morning sat at a different cafe this morning studying drivers hours (cos that's what I failed most on in the test last week! I get the daily driver hours, it's weekly, double-drivers, 5 weeks of hours etc that melts my brain)

Thought I'd got a grip on it on to find the next section was on French working hours - that are different FFS :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack:

So it seems I have to remember two sets of regs - I had enough trouble mastering one set :cry: :cry: :cry:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Bustaspoke

Post by Bustaspoke »

Feeling very positive today :thumbup:
After over doing the cycling & getting what seemed like tendonitis in my knees in June I've just done 31km's on Zwift.
The other month I was doing at least 400KM's a month cycling,then when my knee's seized I couldn't even mow the lawn for a fortnight :wtf:
Hopefully I can now get back on the pushbike & salvage some of my fitness,before I slip into old age..
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Got a Whatsapp from Mrs. Gremlin, as she's in the Waitrose next to my office. I asked if she might like to meet up for a coffee or a spot of lunch.

No, she replied, I'm only here for a wee and some basil, then I'm off to Ipswich.

So I rank below urination, fresh herbs and some God-forsaken town in Suffolk. :wtf:
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Horse

Post by Horse »

gremlin wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 11:58 am ... , as she's in the Waitrose ... I'm only here for a wee
Blimey :crazy:

Didn't know they sold that.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
636mick

Post by 636mick »

Noggin wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 12:43 pm Spent a few hours this morning sat at a different cafe this morning studying drivers hours (cos that's what I failed most on in the test last week! I get the daily driver hours, it's weekly, double-drivers, 5 weeks of hours etc that melts my brain)

Thought I'd got a grip on it on to find the next section was on French working hours - that are different FFS :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack:

So it seems I have to remember two sets of regs - I had enough trouble mastering one set :cry: :cry: :cry:
Love your posts about becoming a bus driver.
Makes me laugh cos I used to be a driver/mechanic for a UK coach company and spent most of my time driving abroad. French rules passed me by totally, we all just drove! Probably a few rules we broke weekly.
We used to run into Beziers, do a driver swap and we got 12 hours off, which I’m sure wasn’t enough even with 2 drivers. Then we would sit in the town square, eat, drink, then drink, then sleep, then eat, then go back to work driving back to the UK. The local Police got wise and started breathalysing every coach just as we got back on the peage.
Back at Calais we swapped passengers and if we were going home we normally jumped in a car, otherwise we turned round and did it all again, sometimes 4 or 5 times in a row!!

So when I read about your confusion about hours I understand what you’re going through, stick with it, it’s nearly over and you can become a chauffeur d’autobus!!
Mick
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Yesterday:
Bumped into a former gf, apparently we're going on a date next weekend... :banana-dance: :wtf: :shock:
Silly Car

Post by Silly Car »

Horse wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 12:38 pm
gremlin wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 11:58 am ... , as she's in the Waitrose ... I'm only here for a wee
Blimey :crazy:

Didn't know they sold that.
They may as well, after all, they take enough of it when it comes to some of their prices ;)
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

636mick wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 1:29 pm
Noggin wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 12:43 pm Spent a few hours this morning sat at a different cafe this morning studying drivers hours (cos that's what I failed most on in the test last week! I get the daily driver hours, it's weekly, double-drivers, 5 weeks of hours etc that melts my brain)

Makes me laugh cos I used to be a driver/mechanic for a UK coach company and spent most of my time driving abroad. French rules passed me by totally, we all just drove! Probably a few rules we broke weekly.
We used to run into Beziers, do a driver swap and we got 12 hours off, which I’m sure wasn’t enough even with 2 drivers. Then we would sit in the town square, eat, drink, then drink, then sleep, then eat, then go back to work driving back to the UK. The local Police got wise and started breathalysing every coach just as we got back on the peage.
Back at Calais we swapped passengers and if we were going home we normally jumped in a car, otherwise we turned round and did it all again, sometimes 4 or 5 times in a row!!

So when I read about your confusion about hours I understand what you’re going through, stick with it, it’s nearly over and you can become a chauffeur d’autobus!!
Mick
I did the EU/UK hours a few years ago to do the Transport Manager CPC. But here they use the EU rules but also sometimes the French rules :roll: :roll:

I got a question wrong today about the 2 driver thing - Im certain sure that under EU rules you can't, as first driver, sit next to the second driver for an 1.5 hours and then start driving again. That's not a pause/rest, its waiting/disponible/carré-barré. But I remember there being some differences for the French working hours - so guessing they say you can, cos I got the question wrong!! Need to work it all out very soon tho!!

Got another test tomorrow - both on the written questions and also one of the oral ones. I massively failed the written one last week, but have finally sorted out a very important bit of paper today so feel a bit more relaxed/less stressed so I might actually remember more!! The oral stuff - pretty sure I'm gonna fail :(

But I have 4 weeks to keep practicing!

Roll on 8th November when hopefully I'll be a coach driver! (sorry, Conductrice d'Autocar!). And my boss had sold loads of interseason trips around europe the last few months and is expecting to be equally or more busy in the interseason next year. So I REALLY do need to pass!! :lol:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Sadlonelygit

Post by Sadlonelygit »

Noggin wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 7:51 pm
636mick wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 1:29 pm

Mick
Driving hours shit!
Last time I did a double hander, it was 20 hrs to Austria (10ea) and the only place the second driver could sit and 'rest' was in the jockey seat.
As for WTD and drivers hours, it's an absolute minefield, especially when you get to the 48 hrs average over 5 weeks.
Usually a complete joke as (in UK) you sign away your rights with most companies anyway!
Sadlonelygit

Post by Sadlonelygit »

And what have I done today, got well and truly lost!
Went out on the tredder with the dog and for some reason decided to try a new route.
All was going well, nice bit of VTT, bit of a climb, nice bit of downhill, then arrived in a hamlet that I didn't recognise!
Found someone in a garden, explained I was lost and could they point me towards my local village.
A solid 5k grind up a big hill, 14k in total.
Dog is proper shagged too!
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Recently bought some proper proper British bangers... Just cooked them & they taste like fried sawdust.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Due to a fook up by the delivery company, the needed for the step Dads release commode didnt get delivered today and the company wanted to reschedule for Wednesday, which I couldnt do. It was looking like friday as the next date so the step dad would have another week in hospital! :thumbdown:

A begging phone call to occupational therapy and the bribe of freeing up a much needed bed meant one was sourced, if I could collect it, which I duly did. Step Dad is finally home! :thumbup: Best bit was he said I don't need a commode and promptly took his stair lift upstairs to the toilet! :eh: :D
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

ZRX61 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 10:03 pm Recently bought some proper proper British bangers... Just cooked them & they taste like fried sawdust.
We're they Richmond?
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Mussels wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 10:29 pm
ZRX61 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 10:03 pm Recently bought some proper proper British bangers... Just cooked them & they taste like fried sawdust.
We're they Richmond?
"Jolly Good" brand, made in Santa Monica, Last Outpost of The Empire, I suspect at the same place that made a Cornish Pasty that had peas & carrots in it, but no swede or pepper... :wtf: :angry-cussingblack:
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Mussels wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 10:29 pm We're they Richmond?
Ugh - my kids used to love those awful things.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

First day back at work and my first ride of a bike since early august. Both have been enjoyable so far. :thumbup:
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Come to the realisation that, due to my worsening plantar fasciitis, I may need to invest in a pair of Skechers ArchFit shoes for work.

Skechers...fucking Skechers, for fucks sake.

Shoot me now. :cry:
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

gremlin wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 12:10 pm Come to the realisation that, due to my worsening plantar fasciitis, I may need to invest in a pair of Skechers ArchFit shoes for work.

For pity's sake man, no pain is enough to warrant the ensuing eternal shame and the harsh laughter of colleagues.

Get yourself a few pairs of these and install them in shoes that befit your position as a pillar of the banking industry.

https://www.shoeinsoles.co.uk/superfeet ... soles.html
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

gremlin wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 12:10 pm Come to the realisation that, due to my worsening plantar fasciitis, I may need to invest in a pair of Skechers ArchFit shoes for work.

They do a range which don't require you to bend over now too :thumbup: