Aragon MotoGP

Discussions on your upcoming trackdays, discusions on WSB, MotoGP, BSB or even F1.
ChrisW

Re: Aragon MotoGP

Post by ChrisW »

mangocrazy wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 5:54 pm So MM93 got the clean sweep - pole, Sprint win, GP win and fastest lap. 'Dominant' hardly does justice to it; he was in a different race to the rest of the field. Kudos to Jorge for trying to keep MM honest, but it was only ever going to be a race for second.

Sickening crash for Bagnaia - he had the corner, but Alex didn't get the memo. Glad to see both of them appeared relatively unscathed. A good weekend for Pedro, as well.
Could have sworn I'd posted almost those exact thoughts... Must have forgotten to hit submit.

Re Marc - the only session he wasn't in first place for was the one where he didn't complete a timed lap. Outstanding.
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

The Pecco/Alex coming together has been classed as a racing incident by the stewards, which is fair I think. I can only assume Alex didn't see Pecco until it was too late, and Pecco would have thought that he'd done the hard work and passed Alex. Plus the track being dirty off-line may have had something to do with it.

Either way, Pecco is now 23 points adrift of Jorge...
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

mangocrazy wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 6:31 pm The Pecco/Alex coming together has been classed as a racing incident by the stewards, which is fair I think. I can only assume Alex didn't see Pecco until it was too late, and Pecco would have thought that he'd done the hard work and passed Alex. Plus the track being dirty off-line may have had something to do with it.

I thought it was a bit dozy of Pecco. I'd agree on a racing incident as Alex wouldn't have seen Pecco at all. But I can only assume Pecco chucked it in expecting Alex to bottle it, when he should of known Alex had no sight of him. Which is all proper stupid when Pecco had so much to lose and had several laps to get passed a slower Alex. Pecco was odds on for a podium, instead he got a big fat 0 points. Silly boy.
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Supermofo wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 7:18 pm
mangocrazy wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 6:31 pm The Pecco/Alex coming together has been classed as a racing incident by the stewards, which is fair I think. I can only assume Alex didn't see Pecco until it was too late, and Pecco would have thought that he'd done the hard work and passed Alex. Plus the track being dirty off-line may have had something to do with it.

I thought it was a bit dozy of Pecco. I'd agree on a racing incident as Alex wouldn't have seen Pecco at all. But I can only assume Pecco chucked it in expecting Alex to bottle it, when he should of known Alex had no sight of him. Which is all proper stupid when Pecco had so much to lose and had several laps to get passed a slower Alex. Pecco was odds on for a podium, instead he got a big fat 0 points. Silly boy.
I think Pecco (wrongly) assumed that Alex was a fair bit further back than he was. Alex went significantly wide in the previous corner and Pecco thought it was a gimme to get past.

Wrong.

But Pecco does have previous in situations like that. I can remember fairly recent collisions with Maverick and Marc that left him and the other party on the floor.
ChrisW

Post by ChrisW »

Supermofo wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 7:18 pm I thought it was a bit dozy of Pecco.
I agree. Apart from anything else Alex had just gone wide, he'd have been easy pickings within the next couple of corners / straights. He'd have been better of noting, waiting and then doing. Surprised he didn't, not like him.
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

The podium celebrations were something special. :D
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Pecco has upped the ante claiming that Alex didn't cut the throttle but held it partially open all the way through the incident:

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/10545 ... dnt-see-me

Reigning MotoGP champion Francesco Bagnaia has dismissed Alex Marquez’s explanation that the Gresini rider “didn’t see him” in their Aragon clash.

The Italian added that data shows Marquez’s throttle remained open during the incident, which occurred as they fought over third place late in the grand prix, and suggested the Spaniard tried to make contact.

“My view is the view of everybody that has a normal point of view in terms of racing, because it's quite clear what happened,” Bagnaia told MotoGP.com.

“He was wide, I was in front with much more speed. I entered that corner without closing the line because I knew he was there. But my speed was enough to overtake him without any problems.

“And as soon I entered the [next] corner [13] I heard his engine opening. He was opening the throttle. So he was trying to arrive to this contact.

“I wanted to look at that data... He remained with 60 percent, 40 percent of throttle open until when he crashed. So this is very strange by a rider, I think.”

Told that Alex Marquez said he couldn’t see Bagnaia, the factory Ducati rider responded:

“In my opinion, it's impossible that he didn't see me. I was already in front of him before changing direction.”
Skub

Post by Skub »

His bro and George Martin bunged Alex a few quid to do the hit. :thumbup:
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
ChrisW

Post by ChrisW »

I think Pecco should quieten down a little.
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

It's all veering into Rossi/Marquez 2015 territory and I really don't think we need to go there again...
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Pecco has been a nasty little whiner since back in Moto3 days. He's always played a bit dirty. VR46 taught him how do be cynical.

He's good, but can't admire him.
formula400

Post by formula400 »

This is probably the best thing I’ve read on the matter
CBR650r :mrgreen:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

formula400 wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 10:25 pm

This is probably the best thing I’ve read on the matter
Yup. A safe finish wins championships. You win nothing with a dodgy overtake.
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

Had a read through twitter last night. Don't know why as it's largely full of mongs but don't people get carried away. An incident that you see all the time in bike racing is suddenly a grand conspiracy :lol: It's funny how Pecco didn't think of shutting the throttle at Portugal before wiping both himself and Marc out in a similar incident. It's almost as if none of these guys want to be overtaken isn't it :think: :lol:
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Supermofo wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 10:56 am It's almost as if none of these guys want to be overtaken isn't it :think: :lol:
And then they quickly come up with a convincing rationale as to why it was the other guy's fault. It does all follow a very familiar pattern... :)
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

I think the term is 'plausible deniability' - being able to come up with a believable explanation as to why it wasn't your fault.
Skub

Post by Skub »

Supermofo wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 10:56 am Had a read through twitter last night. Don't know why as it's largely full of mongs but don't people get carried away. An incident that you see all the time in bike racing is suddenly a grand conspiracy :lol:
Most of the online comments on sports pages are beyond stupid,it really is whoever types in the biggest font wins. I briefly traded posts with a guy who claimed there are no 13mm headed bolts on any Japanese bike,as it's bad luck and they don't like that. :wtf:
Asking him why the manufacturers supply a 13mm spanner in the toolkit did nothing to sway his firmly held,factually correct opinion. He said it must be a non standard toolkit...
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Skub wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 2:03 pm I briefly traded posts with a guy who claimed there are no 13mm headed bolts on any Japanese bike,as it's bad luck and they don't like that. :wtf:
Asking him why the manufacturers supply a 13mm spanner in the toolkit did nothing to sway his firmly held,factually correct opinion. He said it must be a non standard toolkit...
That's a pretty extreme example of denial. A 13mm head has been standard on most Japanese M8 bolts since the early/mid 70s. Some 60s bikes had 14mm M8 headed bolts and more recently 12mm has made the occasional appearance, but if I could only carry two spanners they would be 10mm and 13mm.
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

mangocrazy wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 3:49 pm would be 10mm and 13mm.
10 + 13 (symbolising the Jap push back) + 73 ( for Alex Marquez) - 3 (for Dani Pedrosa's inside leg measurement) = 93 which is the recognised number of the Anti Rossi. If only you weren't so blind!
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Supermofo wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 8:37 pm
mangocrazy wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 3:49 pm would be 10mm and 13mm.
10 + 13 (symbolising the Jap push back) + 73 ( for Alex Marquez) - 3 (for Dani Pedrosa's inside leg measurement) = 93 which is the recognised number of the Anti Rossi. If only you weren't so blind!
I bow to your numerical enlightenment, O wise one. The path of my life is forever changed...

:D :D :D